Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Avicus

Weird experience while meditating

Hello,
My name is Avicus. I've recently stumbled upon deep meditation and practice deep breathing techniques to reduce stress.

I had a very strange experience while practicing deep breathing and I suppose meditation. I've only been doing this for about two weeks. About 50 minutes of meditation one night in a dark room with my eyes closed, my room illuminated with a green glow before my closed eyes. I saw everything in my room and I waved my arms in front of me and I could see everything. I opened my eyes and the illumination disappeared, when I closed my eyes again I could no longer see the lights or my room. I tried to meditate once again in hopes of seeing the same thing again but I was unable to. Shortly after I started to experience a spinning feeling. I lay there still breathing but the spinning got really intense and for some reason I was filled with fear, so much that I had to pull myself out of the meditation.

It's been about week since I last experienced that and I have been trying to repeat it since. Last night I went into a deep relaxation and tried to meditate however, I decide to lie on my side after awhile thinking I might as well just get some rest. Almost immediately after I felt as though the room was spinning, realizing that this was what I was hoping for I remained calm and re-assured myself that there was no danger and that I was just going to let it flow. It felt as though 10 or 15 minutes had gone by and the feeling got really intense. I felt something like webs latching onto me, pulling me towards the ceiling I opened my eyes and I could see that I wasn't moving however the feeling was still there and intensified. I tried to remain calm however fear overwhelmed me and i came out of it, but it was not as easy to come out of as my last experience. My body felt really heavy and it seem to take all my strength to move it.

I am a healthy individual and I take no substances. I do yoga as an exercise and accidentally came across meditation during a session, meaning I experienced calmness of mind, feeling fully aware of my surroundings with no noise in my head at all, no irritating thoughts or feelings.. just aware of breath and body. After experiencing this wonderful feeling I decided to look it up and came across breathing techniques, belly breathing. All this is new to me and it's really changed me, however I don't know what to think of it, am I losing my mind or is there something real about this?
Does anyone have any idea what I've been experiencing?