Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Peaceofepicness

Color What is the point of other crystals if you can program clear quartz to do anything?

I am new to this "crystal stuff", so please can somebody help me out? :)

Old 21-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Some poeple don't use crystals to program them.
I just love crystals, I find they are all different (even clear quartz crystals are so different). The more you work with them, the more you will find what is the point of using other crystals. It's so individual. Do combine intuition and information available in books about crystals, it such a broad subject.
Old 22-01-2017, 01:41 AM
Master
I haven't personally spent a lot of time with crystals yet, but a thought that has resonated with me is that work with crystals is very intuitive. Many people will tell you that X crystal is only good for this or that, and that's fine, but I see nothing wrong with sitting down with a crystal you're drawn to and determining its uses intuitively. If you find a crystal you're drawn to, connect with its energy and ask it what it's associated with. You might even look at a crystal and know its purpose immediately.

If you have clear quartz that "feels" as though it can "do anything," great! Then maybe, for you, clear quartz is all you need. But I've never known people who use crystals to only possess one

Old 22-01-2017, 05:27 AM
Knower

I have a set of clear quartz and I programmed them once. What I remember about it was that I was closing my eyes and holding each one as I programed it, visualizing what I wanted them to bring about as a colored ball of light. One of the things I wanted was to travel more, but I just couldn't do it. The crystal didn't want to be programmed that way, so it wouldn't accept the light. So, what I guess I'm saying is that crystals have their own personalities and quartz won't be programmed for something if it doesn't want to be. That's when other crystals come along.
Old 22-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Master
I was about to say what Rosiegirl said. You cannot simply program whatever you like on a crystal. A crystal has its own purpose and goal and if your program doesn't match that, it is either not going to allow you to program it, or if you are able to override its purpose, you will end up with a crystal that's totally out of whack. Meaning it won't exude a nice, positive energy.

I'm not a fan of programming. Most ppl don;t know what they're doing, cannot even feel if it's congruent with the crystal's purpose and if the crystal is willing to be programmed or not.
It can also be handy to be able to feel if a crystal has already been programmed. I ended up with one that had several programs going on, making its energy off-balance. It was all over the place. (I had not put those programs on it btw, I do not program crystals)

Why bother with programs when you can get crystals to do what you need?

Besides, there's so many crystals, you can't ever program everything on a crystal.
Apart from that, who said that you can program clear quartz to do anything other crystals can?
New one on me. And I don't buy into it either.

Another one to think about... you cannot program anything on a level that's higher than what you yourself have got. So let's say you have little self confidence. How can you program high level self-confidence when you haven't got that? You can't.
You can however buy a crystal that can help you with that.

Simply put... we humans are flawed. We come with problems, hiccups, traumas and issues. Crystals don't. They are more pure and clear beings than we are. Yet we think we can program them and make them (work) better for us? Crystals are created by the forces of Mother Nature. Unlike us, they are pure, clean, clear being. Until people start messing with them :p So don't! Enjoy them for what they are and are willing to give you.

Old 22-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Master
Sometimes it's nice to pick a crystal and then wear it. Your body heat will help to charge the crystal, and then you work with it intuitively :)
Old 22-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Pathfinder
I never program my crystals. I believe crystals know exactly what we need and that's what they will help us with.
Old 22-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Peaceofepicness

Thank you all for your very helpful replies!

Lots of websites say different things that crystals do though, and they contradict each other..... which website is right?
Old 23-01-2017, 04:18 AM
Master

Crystals know what we need but we don't always know that. The attempt to program a clear quartz, which is a crystal of clarity among others, aids the process of self knowledge. We program to assess and know ourselves. Its a work in progress. Learning to gauge if and when we are off the energy of a crystal is a part of this learning process.
In this way clear quartz helps us attune better to energies of crystals in general and is very useful for those of us who are crystal beginners. This has been my feeling about the ones I have used and I do agree with what Evaah says as well.
Old 25-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Newbie ;)

I think there is also the aspect of beauty. Crystals vary so much aesthetically, and in many cases, someone might buy a crystal simply because it looks so beautiful. Likewise, they all vary in properties.