Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Master
Mortal 'I AM'

Over the past week or so I have been posting about my scepticism of 'I AM' and its relationship with God. The two did not equate in my mind.
I had a thought recently which helped me understand that.
The truth is that I fear 'I AM'. The reason why is that I keep confusing the term 'I AM' with MORTAL 'I Am'. What I mean by that is PEOPLES 'I Am'.
People like Hitler, Stalin and autocratic and egotistical people everywhere.
In a sense I confuse 'I Am' with the Ego, and with the Egos statement 'I Am'.
The Ego, being what it is, is naturally inclined to say I Am. After all it is Ego and its own self is important to it. The DIFFERENCE between an Ego's (or Egotistical persons) I Am and God's I Am is that the Ego's is selfish and mortal while Gods is selfless and immortal.
Mortal I Am is faulty and can be brutal and unkind, whereas immortal 'I Am' is perfect and kindness itself.
Thats how I've finally understood the difference between Gods 'I AM' and Mans or Lucifers 'I AM'.
Sorry if I have confused anyone with my posts while I was thinking it all through.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Master
I guess what I fear also is mortal 'I Am' trying to become immortal 'I Am'.
Or small 'I Am' trying to become big 'I Am'.
Because what seems to happen then is that the lesser 'I Am' does nothing but say and do 'I Am' just to become bigger and better and usually become a monster in the process. I.E. Satan, Sauron, Hitler etc. etc.
Like saying 'I Am' for self promotion.
So I don't think the issue is as simple as God is just 'I AM'.

Peace and Blessings,

Jan.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-12-2006, 11:06 AM
dreamer

Hey thats great Honza, and we are all capable of both selfish and selfless I am being ness, selfish we are mortal selfless we are god concious. Suddenly there becomes no wrong or right just perspectives and opinions which are all truthful from the perspective given although there is the ultimate selfless truth which is what we are really in essence cool huh?
Old 19-12-2006, 02:59 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

"I AM".. nothing more, nothing less.. anything other than the simple purity of that statement, is excess and prejudicial commentary.. That is where we diverge, we begin to assign personalities to the simple truth that "WE ARE".. we are individual expressions of the Unified Whole, AND we are also the Unified Whole itself.. just like my hand is recognizable as a hand but is also an integral and undifferentiated portion of the Unified Body.. when i refer to the body it includes the hand, and a hand without a body is useless.. just like the individual aspect of the whole that rejects its inherent place in the game..

"I AM" is a pure and innocent statement.. choosing "what" I AM can be problematic.. it is the values we assign to "I AM" that are troublesome, not the notion that "WE ARE"..

Be Well..
Old 20-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
it is the values we assign to "I AM" that are troublesome, not the notion that "WE ARE"..

Exactly.

Honza- Perhaps consider the nature of the I Am. All is Oneness, correct? How then, can evil exist?

Evil/darkness is the shadow side of Self. We know what we're capable of and this frightens us, because we only know humanity's works. We've seen the Hitler's and Stalin's of the world, and we see how bad it can really get. But we have to understand that I Am is All That Is. Even the shadow is part of the Light.

God/Goddess/All That Is doesn't make mistakes...
Old 22-12-2006, 05:51 PM
blueSky

a tiny flickering flame
castes the shadow the longest
evil is only a projection
of that flickering insight

when the Sun is shining
and with all glorious might
the shadows shrink
and all that is, is all bright

Brits were killing and greedily colonizing many nations of the world. Emergence of Hitler (and Stalin) can be seen as dark shadow of that same unscrupulous cruelty of British Empire. And their battle can be viewed as a necessary neutralizer.

As post-WWII effect many nations were freed from clutches of weakened British colonization. Perhaps The Omnipresent operates in unfathomable ways.
Closed Thread