Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
Sudden death is best I think for the person concerned. I think its just a shock for those left behind. But having said that…as we've both said, its much better that way than having to watch a loved one suffer.

In Fred's case it was the worst of both worlds!!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:55 PM
Amberly

Poor Fred. You and others helped him though. I'm sure he was grateful for that.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:14 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
Poor Fred. You and others helped him though. I'm sure he was grateful for that.

I hope so.

I do hope "time is healer" for you and you have family who can support you (in any such way as you need).
Old 12-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Amberly

Thank you. I'm sure it will be :)
Old 04-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Guide
Life continues.

The spare seat upstairs (in the museum) seems very empty.

It all seems a bit unsatisfactory; the way he went down hill so fast....... etc etc the lack of concern from some of my colleagues.

......."Just don't think about it".

No good.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Watching someone who you think highly off go down hill so fast is not easy you have comppasion towards him, so you will feel it i have worked with people who are with us one minute and gone the next, you feel it especially for those who are left behind, but it was the best way for your friend to go,everyone grieves differently so maybe his family were grieving knowing the inevitable was about to happen,
your friend would want you to carry on , i lost a friend two days ago that was sudden it shakes you but at the same time its was better for him,time is a great healer,

Namaste
Old 04-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Watching someone who you think highly off go down hill so fast is not easy you have comppasion towards him, so you will feel it i have worked with people who are with us one minute and gone the next, you feel it especially for those who are left behind, but it was the best way for your friend to go,everyone grieves differently so maybe his family were grieving knowing the inevitable was about to happen,
your friend would want you to carry on , i lost a friend two days ago that was sudden it shakes you but at the same time its was better for him,time is a great healer,

Namaste

Thanks.

We were hoping he'd turn the corner and at least get to the Museum with some assistance.

I suppose because he had few contacts (and he'd helped me) I felt I should do my best. I knew at some point may come to this but I also knew all he wanted to do was continue making B'day cards and greetings cards, which was his hobby.

His suppose his daughters have slung all his stuff in the bin now; I guess they now just looking to sell his property....

We did talk quite openly sitting in the summer sun.....him in his wheel chair.

As you say we all grieve differently.

Sorry about your friend.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Master

David, I am 62 years old and someday will have to be taken care of as well. I'm alot closer to that reality than you are.

The aging process. It's a humbling experience. I am learning a lot of my life lessons now that I am older and suffering from my aches and pains and debilitating old bones.

If I were to always be in great health, I would not appreciate what I had when I was younger.

The pain your friend went through. It was his life plan. I know, it's so hard to sit back and watch helpless to do anything for him. But it taught you a very good lesson. To appreciate what you have while you are young. He would have wanted you to know that.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
David, I am 62 years old and someday will have to be taken care of as well. I'm alot closer to that reality than you are.

The aging process. It's a humbling experience. I am learning a lot of my life lessons now that I am older and suffering from my aches and pains and debilitating old bones.

If I were to always be in great health, I would not appreciate what I had when I was younger.

The pain your friend went through. It was his life plan. I know, it's so hard to sit back and watch helpless to do anything for him. But it taught you a very good lesson. To appreciate what you have while you are young. He would have wanted you to know that.

This time last year we were just starting to do a computer course together(he was getting a lot of back problem which he couldn't explain.......we know well enough now of course.....and was starting to find mobility a problem).

His own demise was certainly not on his agenda at all although we talked about who might continue the museum when the current manager is not longer able to. Strange to think of that conversation now.

I mention that in passing , I don't think that's how you meant the term "his life's plan". His life's plan was to keep making cards and selling them.

He also mentioned feelings of isolation as his wife was long gone, comms with his daughters (at best) patchy and few other close friends to call n.

I don't know why this has affected me so much.

I grew to like him I guess and did my best for him as became even more isolated with less and less mobility.......I dug myself in deep I suppose.

It was just a bit of shock he went so quickly, though, far better for him.

Appreciate what I've got? Yes, I guess.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Master

Well, it sounds like he was ready to go home and be reunited with his wife. Death is not the bad guy here. It's merely a transition to a better life.