Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 06-02-2015, 06:07 AM
fulloflovenlight

Unhappy falling asleep

any ideas seems here latley i always fall asleep during meditation and cant get no messages out of it since i fall out
Old 06-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Everly

Just go with it for now. Nothing stays the same and it's possible you're getting ready to move to a different type, level and/or purpose to your meditation. Don't fight it, go with it and see where it leads.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Master
Your not suppose to be getting any messages out of meditation. If you are your not doing meditation. If you are off visiting some divine being during meditation. STOP and go back to your meditation.. Trust me they will understand.

There are two kinds of falling asleep. There is the real kind where you start to snore and the other kind due to deep purification.

Lesson 17 - Meditation Q&A – Was I asleep?

Q: I think I fell asleep during meditation, though I don't think I lost consciousness. It seemed I was awake, but I had no sense of time or anything. Then I realized my head was on my chest and looked at my watch. Thirty minutes had gone by. I felt pretty groggy. I felt pretty unsteady and it didn't feel right to just get up, so I lay down for a while. Then I was okay. Was I asleep?

A: No sensory experience, no mantra, no thoughts, but still conscious inside – were you asleep? Probably not. Meditation sometimes produces a sleep-like state, like you described, but the physiological parameters are different. The metabolism goes much lower than in sleep. Heart rate and breathing are much slower than in sleep, nearly stopped. The body and mind come to a state of complete silence, while still awake inside. The level of rest in the body and mind in meditation is deeper than sleep. It is a different kind of rest that removes impurities; obstructions to consciousness that sleep cannot reach. However, meditation is not a replacement for sleep, which has its own dynamics in the daily rejuvenation cycle.

People who have been meditating for years may have less need for sleep due to the accumulated purity in their nervous systems. It is not that meditation replaces sleep. It is that the body and mind gradually have become purified over time and the body needs less purification during its daily sleep cycle. It is the purity resulting from long-term meditation and other advanced yoga practices that generally reduces the need for sleep. In time, consciousness remains present twenty-four hours a day. Then, daily activities, dreaming, and deep sleep are all playing like a movie on the screen of our silent, blissful awareness. In this state we are never asleep anymore. This is the kind of freedom and happiness we all are capable of achieving naturally – our inalienable birthright.

You did just right by lying down at the end of your session until you were able to get up feeling clear and smooth. This is another circumstance where extra rest after meditation is needed. Much cleansing went on during the meditation. Many different kinds of experiences can happen during meditation, ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. It is all part of the same process of easily thinking the mantra and letting it settle in. Then the purification happens. We let it happen. Then, when we become aware, we return to the mantra and let the mind dive again. This process, done twice daily for twenty minutes, will gradually transform your life to bliss.

Remember to count any experiences while off the mantra as part of your meditation time. It is okay that you became aware of the time again after thirty minutes. It was a natural event in your meditation. Whenever anything like that happens and you go past your allotted time, be sure to go through the appropriate rest period to finish the session. If you keep your meditation balanced with the right amount of rest at the end, you will always get up feeling refreshed and ready for activity.

The guru is in you.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Basically when meditating you're falling into a deeper state of being. The thing is you also fall into this deeper state when you go to sleep. The challenge is to try and stay conscious instead, otherwise you won't reap the full benefits of the meditation.

Try changing the circumstances in which you're meditating. Try it standing up, try it in a colder place, try it on an empty stomach. These things will make it harder to fall asleep to, because you'll be more concerned about your discomfort. But if you can meditate through discomfort you'll make great progress.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Do you lie down during meditation? If so sit on a chair that has a straight back (i.e not an armchair!).
Old 09-02-2015, 05:10 AM
fulloflovenlight

thank you for ur post
Old 09-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Ascender
My friend has the same issue. I would advise sitting instead of doing it while on you back, do it when you feel more active not when you just woke up maybe an hour after or an hour before you sleep. Good Luck :)
Old 13-02-2015, 04:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulloflovenlight
any ideas seems here latley i always fall asleep during meditation and cant get no messages out of it since i fall out

Maybe you can try to meditate an hour or so after waking up (if you're not already doing so).