Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
So what if it is your imagination? could I ask if the experience would be any less real because of it ?

Don't take my word for it.. I am not the first to ask this question.

What exists outside of the mind that imagines? Possibly the mind that is creating the imaginations?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
A Wrinkle in Time....I can't see that an astral body would show up in a video or photograph.... It is just possible if it were an etheric energy-body, but that can't go far from the physical. Even an etheric body might only show as a blur, if it showed up at all. Unless it were a deceased person who had left their physical body but not yet left the etheric level. Even then it would probably only be the vaguest blur -if even that- on a photograph.....most likely.

Hi Tobi,

My statements are merely possibilities. The reality of that hypothetical astral projection experiment would have to be tested in order to be proven. I've had "real" experiences in astral projection (although not that many) where I thought I had moved to a distant place in the physical dimension where I was seen by and interacted with humans in the physical dimension. But maybe these experiences were either fictitious dreams or simply took place entirely in the astral dimension.

And one question remains: If people in the physical dimension are able to see and wrongfully conclude that an astral body (or some kind of ghost body) is a physical body, then will a camera or video recorder be able to "see" and record that paranormal (or spiritual) body as well?
Old 11-06-2013, 03:53 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
So what if it is your imagination? could I ask if the experience would be any less real because of it ? ...

x2

You nailed it Neville! If you can imagine it then the impression is just as valid as what you perceive in any universe!!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilam
I have been searching for some sort of evidence that astral projection is a real phenomenon rather than a vivid daydream, but I have found very little.

Is an astral traveler really going someplace else, or are they just going someplace else in their imagination? There is a difference between doing something and just imagining you're doing it...otherwise I would be able to do brain surgery by just imagining that I went through medical school.

Think..what is imagination anyway, really? Isn't that a form of traveling in essence? I often think of astral projection as soul travel..& when you look within, you are proof of that. Our mind is separate from our body, there's no evidence that shows that because there is really no way of physically showing it..that is almost like trying to read people's minds through technology, lie detector tests are an example but in no way 100% accurate..as humans we try so hard to find answers to things that cannot be explained, but really what is the overall point? Stop trying so hard, & find the truth within yourself. It's all there. ;) I tried to explain the best I could. I hope you find the answers you seek.

If it makes you feel better though, people have taken a card & placed it face down taped to a window & have astral traveled outside their window to see what suit the card was in which they have placed, just to prove to themselves that they did it & supposedly the answer was accurate to what they found in their projection. ;)
Old 13-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Master
excellent answers! imagination IS an ability of Soul that everyone can use while conscious in the physical body....while the mind can often be skeptical about the imagination and how real a thing is based on assumptions about it, that isnt necessarily true at all...i encourage everyone to explore their imaginations a bit, you may very well be surprised at what you learn!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 13-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Master
It's odd, as an artist of 35 years I've explored the imagination fairly deeply it's where much of my work comes from. But when I travel to other realms - that is not imagination, not at all, in fact imagination has to be suspended or ego will try to 'invent' the realms. What I do is not a mental process at all and all that has to be shut down or it will pollute the ability to move the consciousness outside of the body.
After I return then mind can play with what happened all it wants and write stories about what it thinks happened and why it happened and so on...AFTER.
But that's just how I experience, we all have our own paths to be sure.
Old 13-06-2013, 03:23 AM
AstralAspirer

Thanks for the reply CrystalSong. I have yet to AP just yet but my intention in doing so is to realize and find out who I truly am and explore it with the best of my ability. I could not see myself making such an effort to strive for something that can be associated with an imaginary experience. If that is the case what I wasting my time for? Thanks for shedding some light and true meaning on this matter.
Old 13-06-2013, 04:00 AM
becklyn37

When I was a teenager my parents had a security alarm on our house. The alarm was set every night faithfully. I would astral travel unintentionally, and every time I did the alarm would go off as I returned to my body. I don't know why it never set the alarms off when I would leave my body, unless I left the house through some way that avoided the sensors on the doors and windows. I remember these experiences so vividly, while I was out of body I could feel the wind blow and smell various things that I came into contact with. Dreams just aren't that vivid. But I always returned to my body through my bedroom window, and every time the security alarm would sound. This alone has always been all the proof I needed.
Old 16-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
It's odd, as an artist of 35 years I've explored the imagination fairly deeply it's where much of my work comes from. But when I travel to other realms - that is not imagination, not at all, in fact imagination has to be suspended or ego will try to 'invent' the realms. What I do is not a mental process at all and all that has to be shut down or it will pollute the ability to move the consciousness outside of the body.
After I return then mind can play with what happened all it wants and write stories about what it thinks happened and why it happened and so on...AFTER.
But that's just how I experience, we all have our own paths to be sure.

my point really is, that the Soul has absolutely NO need of actually traveling anywhere, much less OUT of the body. IT'S awareness can simply expand far beyond what we consider to be the limits of the self...IT can expand to the furthest reaches of the cosmos, and witness other star systems if It so chooses...it is only a lower function that seems to be travel or movement of any sort, and by that i mean the astral, causal or mental bodies....here is a quote that IMO says it very clearly:
" Every experience on the physical, astral or mental plane is just a dream before the soul. " - Hazrat Inayat Khan
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 16-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Purebody101

Actually Astral projection has been proven many times. Research has been conducted and postive notes have been pointed. The thing with science is that it simply picks it's truth and finds evidence to prove that truth.

Science doesnt believe telepathy to be a real phenomenon. It's weird because people have actually done it and science just fails to understand how two minds can communicate telepathically.

If Astral projection is fake then what makes those "vibration" sounds? there should be a scientific explanation to those vibrations and that seperation stage. The feeling is very real. Perhaps scientists also have experienced those "vibrations" but have been unsuccessful explaining what exactly it is or how exactly those vibrations occur and why.