Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Eilam

Is there any Evidence that Astral Projection isn't just Imaginary

I have been searching for some sort of evidence that astral projection is a real phenomenon rather than a vivid daydream, but I have found very little.

Is an astral traveler really going someplace else, or are they just going someplace else in their imagination? There is a difference between doing something and just imagining you're doing it...otherwise I would be able to do brain surgery by just imagining that I went through medical school.

I want to know if people who claim they can astral travel have *actually* traveled, not just imagined they've traveled.

Right off the bat, I'd just like to debunk the argument that "we don't have advanced enough technology to detect astral projection"...I've seen this argument a lot when other people tried to ask why there is no scientific validation of astral projection (not on this forum). You do not need super-advanced technology to provide evidence for astral projection. One man tried to do an experiment with it (beginning of this Youtube video -> /watch?v=Z2DWrTfEfo8), with NO super-futuristic technology, but he couldn't replicate it more than once just because the person he was studying left and refused to continue the study.

So, with the fact that we don't even need super-advanced technology to provide evidence of astral projection out of the way...why aren't there many studies providing support for astral projection being a real phenomena?
Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Sangress

Quote:
So, with the fact that we don't even need super-advanced technology to provide evidence of astral projection out of the way...why aren't there many studies providing support for astral projection being a real phenomena?

Dare I say it...I think a majority of individuals do not actually know how to personally tell the difference between a dream, ap and a simple out of body experience at all. It seems all three phenomena have somehow merged into being one and the same (and no I don't know how or when it happened) which makes validating anything difficult.

Also, the recall and skill involved with actual ap and various factors influencing it makes it a very temperamental subject to document and study with any consistency. A majority of the time even the chance of aping successfully depends on far more than simple intent alone, so unless somehow conditions can be replicated both around and within the ap subject and their target...it would be an inaccurate way of evaluating any of the data regarding any ap experiment.

So, due to that I'll put obe's and ap into the same category (which is travelling in spirit/etheric/energetic form outside of ones own physical body in both the physical world and 'elsewhere.')

But, fail methodologies and difficulty interpreting information correctly aside, the most evidence I've acquired is during experiments involving locating and moving physical objects in another persons presence, taking other people to the astral world with me and recounting identical experiences with no former contact after the event, leaving physical marks on people and objects and of course other people reporting having seen me on occasion without me telling them I'm 'visiting.'

Of course most of such experiments were not formal or recorded, so you only have my word and opinion to go by, which I don't expect you to consider much, if at all, because your looking for legitimate proof.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Only best way to find out is personal experience if you ask me :)

I agree with San OBE/AP is the same ting/
Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Free_Spirit1983

What is the imagination? In my opinion it is reality on another level of consciousness or plane of existence.. It's not something that doesn't exist per se, otherwise what are you observing when you "imagine"

Everything we create manifests from thought form, when constructing a building for example, we have the idea which we create in thought and imagination and build it, create it in our imagination, in thought - only after this process can we build it on this level of reality, in the third dimension.

So in answer to your question is astral projection real, or is it in our imagination - yes to both :) that's the paradox we live in
Old 05-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilam
I have been searching for some sort of evidence that astral projection is a real phenomenon rather than a vivid daydream, but I have found very little.

Is an astral traveler really going someplace else, or are they just going someplace else in their imagination? There is a difference between doing something and just imagining you're doing it...otherwise I would be able to do brain surgery by just imagining that I went through medical school.

I want to know if people who claim they can astral travel have *actually* traveled, not just imagined they've traveled.

Right off the bat, I'd just like to debunk the argument that "we don't have advanced enough technology to detect astral projection"...I've seen this argument a lot when other people tried to ask why there is no scientific validation of astral projection (not on this forum). You do not need super-advanced technology to provide evidence for astral projection. One man tried to do an experiment with it (beginning of this Youtube video -> /watch?v=Z2DWrTfEfo8), with NO super-futuristic technology, but he couldn't replicate it more than once just because the person he was studying left and refused to continue the study.

Because it's only going to be real for the person experiencing it. Technology can't prove or disprove it, other people can't prove or disprove it to one another. The only thing that can prove or disprove it is experiencing it yourself and performing your own tests and studies.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Because it's only going to be real for the person experiencing it. Technology can't prove or disprove it, other people can't prove or disprove it to one another. The only thing that can prove or disprove it is experiencing it yourself and performing your own tests and studies.
And ironically, that's exactly how our perception of this physical reality works as well. Most people don't really put enough thought into it to consider that notion.

I also don't expect a great deal of people to understand what I just said.
Old 17-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
I'm pretty sure it can. Its easy to setup an experiment to prove if it exists. Place a note in a room and tell an astral traveller to read the contents of the note. It doesn't really get any simpler than that.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacle
I'm pretty sure it can. Its easy to setup an experiment to prove if it exists. Place a note in a room and tell an astral traveller to read the contents of the note. It doesn't really get any simpler than that.

That is exactly correct. Ever hear of Remote Viewing?
Old 22-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
That is exactly correct. Ever hear of Remote Viewing?
'Zactly.

However for those who doubt that will never be enough proof. We humans are just like that - we just refuse to believe things in which we've not a snippets of personal proof for - it's part of our hardwiring and for many it doesn't get shaken up and uprooted until some level of awakening.

And that's okay too - sometimes just existing in the 3D with it's incredible challenges, obstacles and trials is all folks can handle and 4th + dimensional realities is just too much to take on and keep sanity and perspective enough to operate day to day.
So no point in forcing anyone to believe, they will when it's time for them, I sense a certain hard-wiring on a spirit level in that. LOL
Old 23-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
'Zactly.

However for those who doubt that will never be enough proof. We humans are just like that - we just refuse to believe things in which we've not a snippets of personal proof for - it's part of our hardwiring and for many it doesn't get shaken up and uprooted until some level of awakening.

And that's okay too - sometimes just existing in the 3D with it's incredible challenges, obstacles and trials is all folks can handle and 4th + dimensional realities is just too much to take on and keep sanity and perspective enough to operate day to day.
So no point in forcing anyone to believe, they will when it's time for them, I sense a certain hard-wiring on a spirit level in that. LOL

Nice to read from someone with some experience...some sense of wisdom...some common sense from one who knows. Like a breath of fresh air and a peaceful feeling that there are others in this 3D world who can not just relate but spread the knowningness of what is.