Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
You would have to be 'me' to do so!

No, I am speaking of thoughtfully considering, contemplating and savoring (eating and digesting?) every 'fruit' one experienced while monkeying (monkeys are very intelligent, you know!) on the Trees in the Forest of Life. There is much awareness (and consequent love and enjoyment) of "self" and "life's meaning' to be garnered and shared thereby.

There moving (linearly) from "A" to "Z" through the Forest along some path or other, and then there's ascending to higher and higher levels, where the sun shines 'most' and the 'best' fruit are, in the canopy - all by way of 'experiencing' (and learning from, i.e. intelligently 'incorporating') said 'experiences'. I 'ascension' one 'moves' ;) from "A-and-Z-ness" to "ALLness/ONEness" (wherever ONE's one is at any moment) ".

The 'self' and 'loving' said 'self' is NOT a trap, any more than a (any) 'place' is. I suppose, one could say that a soul is (figuratively) 'trapped', thought it isn't (literally), if and as it was so short-sighted as to choose to stay in the same 'place' (or only explore one, i.e. the same, 'path' )

There are no 'traps' really (though there are those who cast 'nets' and those who swim/fly into them - these can always be 'exited' by intelligently going back the way one came and circling around them, however). From the book I wrote:
There is an excellent Hindu parable about a great seer who, out of the goodness of his heart, informed birds of all species about a terrible bird-catcher and warned them to beware because, sooner or later, the bird-catcher was bound to try and catch them. Not really up to the task of keeping close track of and publicly declaring the many clever ways in which the bird-catcher disguised himself, fooling themselves and others that they were adequately doing their duty, the parrots in the group diligently ‘served’ to pass on the warning, “Watch out for the bird-catcher,” from generation to generation. The wily bird-catcher found this quite to his liking since all he had to do was set up his nets and yell “I see the bird-catcher coming!” while pointing away from them. Birds galore would then fly right into his trap. Needless to say, instead of preying upon the parrots themselves, the bird-catcher would place those he caught in prominence positions to make sure that other birds would hear their ‘message’. (Note: even this parable, but of course minus the gist of the last sentence, has been used to ‘catch’ flocks gullible enough to think that a person telling such a wise story must necessarily be doing so to ‘save’ them.)

As Einstein said (I am paraphrasing from memory here), "A problem cannot be solved (in this case, a question cannot be answered) on the same level on which it was created." In other words, I think the question you pose is the result of 'seeing' in an 'illusion'.

Ah, as I understood it you said previously that ''The idea of loving your 'self' is a 'trap', IMO, because any (particular) 'i'dentity is not LIFE Itself, but a form (i.e. fragment of) of IT''.

So I was thinking out loud about monkeys not thinking too much about what they are but still identifying themselves by means of experiencing life ..

I agree with the digesting of fruit analogy ''considering, contemplating and savoring (eating and digesting?) every 'fruit' one experienced''

x daz x
Old 30-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hey there Dazzer,
Agreed...now this next may seem off topic, but really it's right at the heart of it. It has to do with what I said and what you said, i.e., that for many who feel that their dark wolves are powerful and they lack the strength and the inner fortitude to cope with them, going to some extreme like renunciation may look a) like a pretty good or reasonable option or b) like the only way in hell they'll ever get a handle on self-control in various areas.

The problem with renunciation of the body and of the physical is that it poses this false dualism. As you've been saying, you can never "get away" from the body...and as I've said in the past, the body speaks truly. The body will never lie to you in situations of harm and abuse. Nor will the heart centre. The body and the heart are directly connected. TBH only the unawakened mind may lie or mislead or deny or justify. So IMO it is absolutely wrong and misdirected to somehow try to break this fundamental body-heart integration of our being. We need to keep this integration and then add to it the awakened mind, in service to heart.

Just to break this down a little .. Your right in that the body speaks truly ... if you listen to it then it will be truthful .

The body doesn't entertain lies or untruths .. If it is in disharmony then it expresses as such ..

Many would agree that every cell has it's own intelligence, life force and it's part of the parcel of 'you'

Where there is life there is what you are ..

I agree about false dualism and it gets mighty mixed up when one divides what they are from something else ..

There really is no 'something else' ..

The problemo's arise when peeps compare what you are beyond mind to what you are of it ..

x dazzle razzle x
Old 30-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Just to break this down a little .. Your right in that the body speaks truly ... if you listen to it then it will be truthful .

The body doesn't entertain lies or untruths .. If it is in disharmony then it expresses as such ..

Many would agree that every cell has it's own intelligence, life force and it's part of the parcel of 'you'

Where there is life there is what you are..
Hey there Daz
I agree the body has its own intelligence and at every level, for certain...
I've worked with some of these levels in some healing I had to do in past, and it opened up some mysteries I wasn't even aware of.

I agree everything of you IS you, including the body.
Even though it is temporal and will pass, the experiences we obtain in the body are eternal, just like consciousness...
That is how the body obtains immortality, through each of us and our lives. That, and the usual means of physical reproduction.

Quote:
I agree about false dualism and it gets mighty mixed up when one divides what they are from something else ..

There really is no 'something else' ..

The problemo's arise when peeps compare what you are beyond mind to what you are of it ..

x dazzle razzle x
You mean what I call the amorphous Oneness...versus the individuated oneness?

Yes...that is a mind bender. We really are not meant to dwell in the undifferentiated One when we've emanated all the way down to physicality...
as you've said before, if we try to live there, the body withers away and then suddenly we're back home early once more...dammit (LOL).

IMO we really are meant to bring unity and awareness of unity with our expanded (human) consciousness to this moment, here and now.

Remember that song back in the day, "what if God was one of us? Just a stranger on the bus...trying to make his way home..."?

Exactly.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 31-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Ah, as I understood it you said previously that ''The idea of loving your 'self' is a 'trap', IMO, because any (particular) 'i'dentity is not LIFE Itself, but a form (i.e. fragment of) of IT''.
Water under the bridge - if I said it was a 'trap' I now 'renounce' such 'saying''!

There's more than one idea pertaining to 'self', of course. One can rocket beyond being 'pulled' or 'slowed' 'down' by any local 'gravity' by loving one's self as a 'fragment' Of LIFE Itself, I think.

Tally Ho, Bro! "thumbsup:
Old 31-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Water under the bridge - if I said it was a 'trap' I now 'renounce' such 'saying''!

There's more than one idea pertaining to 'self', of course. One can rocket beyond being 'pulled' or 'slowed' 'down' by any local 'gravity' by loving one's self as a 'fragment' Of LIFE Itself, I think.

Tally Ho, Bro! "thumbsup:

Hehe .. okay I will let you take it back (just this once)

In regards to self I see self as what you think you are .

In that respect there can be as many ideas about self as there are self's .

x daz x
Old 31-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
In regards to self I see self as what you think you are .

In that respect there can be as many ideas about self as there are self's.
Consciousness is K-A-L-E-I-D-O-S-C-O-P-I-C!

WOOHOO!!!!