Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-06-2020, 07:35 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Maybe what we think of as fact, it is allegory. So, that story shouldn't be taken at face value, but interpreted to understand the message behind the symbolism.

Interesting idea, but I am not sure whether it is a good one or an evil one.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:50 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
very beneficial to study what truly is good or evil not rely on other people to tell you. then when you hear that 'God is good' you really understand what that means

Unknowable is a part of god's attributes, so say the sages.

No god is knowable. Your view of god can only be expressed through you.

That is the beauty of the evolution of us creating all the gods.

Regards
DL
Old 11-06-2020, 07:58 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
knowledge, in general is less destructive than knowledge, of good and evil.

It was apparantly possible for adam to get along just fine without knowing the difference between right and wrong; in some ways I have reason to suppose all the problems we have are because we now cherish this thing.

A mentally and morally blind Adam would never reproduce.

Yahweh, the idiot, told Adam to reproduce way back in Gen. 1. Stupid Adam was like stupid Yahweh who had made Adam androgynous. Hence the need for rib made Eve.

Without knowledge of reproduction, both good and evil sides, the story of man ends.

This may be why Christians sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

Regards
DL
Old 11-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well, if Adam did need the knowledge of good and evil, where do you suppose he could go to see a good deal of both?

Exactly where he knew there was some. Eve.

Eve is Sofia in this myth. Note that Adam did not even say *** when Eve handed him knowledge.

Men, like the gods we create, love knowledge. We like to know how to reproduce.

Right?

Regards
DL
Old 11-06-2020, 09:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Exactly where he knew there was some. Eve.

Eve is Sofia in this myth. Note that Adam did not even say *** when Eve handed him knowledge.

Men, like the gods we create, love knowledge. We like to know how to reproduce.

Right?

Regards
DL

I was about to say that he was not the first guy to get in trouble because of a women, but I guess he was.
Nothin but trouble women, right from the start I tell ya, nothin but! .

Anyway, I was thinking more of life. Some reading I have done says that the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil are actually supposed to be the same tree. Man desired the knowledge of good and evil and so ate from the tree of it, and life is the result, where man gets to experience and learn all about good and evil.
Old 14-06-2020, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
knowledge, in general is less destructive than knowledge, of good and evil.

It was apparantly possible for adam to get along just fine without knowing the difference between right and wrong; in some ways I have reason to suppose all the problems we have are because we now cherish this thing.

I agree. Judgement separates us one from another and god.

Judge not lest the be judged was a pretty direct statement.

I work to understand vs judge. By understanding I do not judge self or other. Judgement falls away completely in understanding.
Thus we are all one again. The point for me is a return to Eden.

No “feeling we know good from evil” any longer but through our wisdom we understand and can be compassionate to eaches path.

Forgive them for they know not what they do.
Old 18-06-2020, 09:02 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I was about to say that he was not the first guy to get in trouble because of a women, but I guess he was.
Nothin but trouble women, right from the start I tell ya, nothin but! .

Anyway, I was thinking more of life. Some reading I have done says that the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil are actually supposed to be the same tree. Man desired the knowledge of good and evil and so ate from the tree of it, and life is the result, where man gets to experience and learn all about good and evil.

That is the result and why it is foolish for Yahweh to have condemned Adam, and us, for choosing knowledge of all things instead of remaining unlearned.

Regards
DL
Old 18-06-2020, 09:06 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I agree. Judgement separates us one from another and god.

Judge not lest the be judged was a pretty direct statement.

I work to understand vs judge. By understanding I do not judge self or other. Judgement falls away completely in understanding.
Thus we are all one again. The point for me is a return to Eden.

No “feeling we know good from evil” any longer but through our wisdom we understand and can be compassionate to eaches path.

Forgive them for they know not what they do.

You have judged many things to decide that Yahweh is a good god, against the genocidal and infanticidal biblical facts.

Your bible tells us to judge all things but moral cowards will not judge Yahweh justly and end in adoring a genocidal prick of a god.

I can see where your horrid immoral verdict would turn you off to judging.

I would not judge either if I had to settle for your satanic god.

Regards
DL
Old 18-06-2020, 09:10 PM
Master
Quote:
A mentally and morally blind Adam would never reproduce.

Yahweh, the idiot, told Adam to reproduce way back in Gen. 1. Stupid Adam was like stupid Yahweh who had made Adam androgynous. Hence the need for rib made Eve.
Adam was not made androgynous. Please provide a scripture that states that he was androgynous

Quote:
Without knowledge of reproduction, both good and evil sides, the story of man ends.
Please provide clarification on what you stated.

Quote:
This may be why Christians sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.
Please provide clarification on what you stated especially the 'Adam's sin being a happy fault'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-06-2020, 01:25 AM
ketzer

Quote:
That is the result and why it is foolish for Yahweh to have condemned Adam, and us, for choosing knowledge of all things instead of remaining unlearned.

Regards
DL
Well, perhaps, but I tend to believe that not everything attributed to God was actually said and done by God. Perhaps the 3rd commandment is the most violated of them all.