Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-05-2020, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Could you show references to your claims of reincarnation in any part of Christianity.

Pleeease.

I have noticed that you have..ill have a peek..ta

When Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor. (Hebrews 7:10)

Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there. (Job 1:21)

But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him…" Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
(Matt 17:12-13)

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. (Rev 3:12 AV)

Many more can be found in the bible Neil.....
Old 01-05-2020, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Reincarnation is very much part of Early Christianity and there are verses in the bible which show this. Then they changed their minds hence conflicting verses can be found....
If reincarnation WAS in the Bible, you would have showed the original verses, when they got changed and by who, and what the compromised scriptures look like today. None of this was provided which means it probably never happened.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2020, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
This 'reference' is mostly Gnostic material whose sole purpose seemed to be to discredit Christianity by sowing doubt and confusion. The article confuses a resurrection with reincarnation which is evident from the following quote from the article.

"The oldest texts provide two concepts of resurrection: spiritual and bodily. The spiritual rebirth by the Holy Spirit is also known as being born again. A bodily resurrection of a human could also be called reincarnation."

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2020, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
When Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor. (Hebrews 7:10)
Hebrews 7:10 is rendered in the NLT as:

"For although Levi wasn't born yet, the seed from which he came was in Abraham's body when Melchizedek collected the tithe from him."

Which puts a completely different meaning on the scripture.

Quote:

The NIV renders Job1:21 as:

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
and naked I will depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised.”

None of the scriptures cited prove reincarnation. What the cited scriptures proves is that if a person looks at older translations they might be able to twist what the Bible is really saying to make it appear to be something else.

Here is some fuel for such people.
A 1631 reprint of the King James Bible somehow deleted a "not" in Exodus 20:14 so that this commandment which is part of the Ten Commandments reads:

"Thou shalt commit adultery".

I would not be surprised that some who have animosities toward the Bible will being using this twisted scripture in the future to make one of their 'points'.

Old 01-05-2020, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
This 'reference' is mostly Gnostic material whose sole purpose seemed to be to discredit Christianity by sowing doubt and confusion. The article confuses a resurrection with reincarnation which is evident from the following quote from the article.

"The oldest texts provide two concepts of resurrection: spiritual and bodily. The spiritual rebirth by the Holy Spirit is also known as being born again. A bodily resurrection of a human could also be called reincarnation."

Did my infancy succeed another age of mine that dies before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb? ... And what before that life again, O God of my joy, was I anywhere or in any body? Confessions of St. Augustine a Christian.

St. Justin Martyr (100–165 A.D.) expressly stated that the soul inhabits more than one human body. Christian.

Gregory, Bishop of Nyssa (257–332 A.D.), wrote: “It is absolutely necessary that the soul should be healed and purified, and if this does not take place during its life on earth it must be accomplished in future lives. . . . The soul . . . is immaterial and invisible in nature, it at one time puts off one body . . . and exchanges it for a second. Christian.

St. Gregory also wrote: “Every soul comes into this world strengthened by the victories or weakened by the defeats of its previous life" Christian.

Synesius (the Bishop of Ptolemais), St. Ambrose, Pope Gregory I, Jerome, St. Athanasius, St. Basil, St. John Chrysostom, St. Gregory of Nazianzus, and Clement of Alexandria.”

All believed in Reincarnation and are Christians.....

You can do your own ' Home Work ' if you wish to.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:10 PM
Master

Quote:

But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him…" Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
(Matt 17:12-13)

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. (Rev 3:12 AV)

Many more can be found in the bible Neil.....

I do have to say that not any of these refer to an Earthling having a second life in the flesh.

When a person ever has the ability to see dark spiritual beings, & realize the astonishing numbers of them inhabiting the earth plane. Well that will be the day that that person will fully understand the concept of many lives in the flesh.

You see sky, you will not listen to my knowledge. Knowledge that I have acquired by "seeing" & realizing that dark beings & possession is a 100% reality.

And Jesus points this out in scripture.

Reincarnation is false. Possession is a reality. However, Eartings can not fathom what they can not see with their very own eyes.

Though I do see it.

I have seen many horrid possessions of earthings, & fully understand what dark beings can & do to Earthlings & their physical possessions.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/hist...tianity-006320

In this link that you supplied, spiritual rebirth is the transformation into a christed being. & bodily resurrection is possession of another person.

And yes the soul does exist before birth, i have pointed that out numerously.
We are a part of a blank whole Soul before birth, with out a personality, though we are in a dual state of existence with our eternal Soulmate. & awaiting to be split from our eternal mate & born unto the flesh where we acquire our once only ever identity that will be ours for eternity.

It also states that Jesus knew of reincarnation, truth is he knew of evil spiritual beings & possession & warned Earthlings of it. I have declared this numerous times also.

The person/s that write things such as what is written in that link, have not experienced the evil mindedness of spiritual persons that linger around the Earth after their liberation from the flesh.though I have & constantly still do every darned day & night.
If the authors of these writings did experience evil spiritual beings, then they would not write falsely as they do.

I know that you will not accept what i say..oh well not to worry. However maybe other persons might.

Quote..
Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. [And there is nothing buried that will not be raised.]"
Etc etc.
Unquote

I see them & they are around us constantly, & they are the ones that lure the unsuspecting ones of us into evil lives hear in the earth plane.

The unsuspecting are the ones that do not have the ears to hear. And this will happen to many Christians & non Christians because they have absolutely zero understanding of the ways of the dark ones hidden amongst us. Scripture refers to that as well.
Not that anyone will believe it. However I can assure you that all will realize, after the liberation from the flesh.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Did my infancy succeed another age of mine that dies before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb? ... And what before that life again, O God of my joy, was I anywhere or in any body? Confessions of St. Augustine a Christian.

St. Justin Martyr (100–165 A.D.) expressly stated that the soul inhabits more than one human body. Christian.

Gregory, Bishop of Nyssa (257–332 A.D.), wrote: “It is absolutely necessary that the soul should be healed and purified, and if this does not take place during its life on earth it must be accomplished in future lives. . . . The soul . . . is immaterial and invisible in nature, it at one time puts off one body . . . and exchanges it for a second. Christian.

St. Gregory also wrote: “Every soul comes into this world strengthened by the victories or weakened by the defeats of its previous life" Christian.

Synesius (the Bishop of Ptolemais), St. Ambrose, Pope Gregory I, Jerome, St. Athanasius, St. Basil, St. John Chrysostom, St. Gregory of Nazianzus, and Clement of Alexandria.”

You really do not believe this material you quoted is actually scriptures from the Bible?

You previously claimed scriptures that proved reincarnation got changed but for some reason, you do not want to provide any proof of such changes.

To be able to verify your claims, it would have been nice if you had provided the original scripture before it got changed. When it was changed and who made the change. None of this was provided.

Which means your claim is unsupportive.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Master

Quote:

Again sky because you do not see the evil ones that inhabit the Earth plane, it causes you to believe incorrectly. To not see what is written.

And this content is not jesus' words. The writers of this content do not know the truth either. If they had seen the wicked ones as Jesus spoke about. These persons would not write as they do.
And it is The people who have not seen the wicked ones that believe what these "supposed" enlightened persons write about.

You will see, though you will persist untill you do...oh well maybe other persons may have the ears to hear and will not be led astray after their liberation from the flesh.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:30 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Some people believe that if a person dies violently, such as being murdered, they automatically go to Heaven.

Some people believe if you help somebody to go to heaven you get your 'Angel wings'.

So does that mean if you kill somebody, they get to go to Heaven and you get your Angel wings?

You may get your Hell's angels wings. But you have to have a Harley first.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
You really do not believe this material you quoted is actually scriptures from the Bible?

You previously claimed scriptures that proved reincarnation got changed but for some reason, you do not want to provide any proof of such changes.

To be able to verify your claims, it would have been nice if you had provided the original scripture before it got changed. When it was changed and who made the change. None of this was provided.

Which means your claim is unsupportive.

Maybe if you read my Post properly you will get your answer....

You previously said Christians do NOT believe in Reincarnation, I have proved you are wrong because Early Christians DID. Hence the names of Early Christians who obviously DID.... What I quoted from the bible are also referring to Reincarnation but are so obviously separate from the Early Christians quotes.

Pope Vigilius who was a Christian was arrested for his belief in Reincarnation, so again when you stated that Christians do not believe in Reincarnation you are wrong..... Sorry.

Please don't bother to answer as I will ignore you as its impossible to have a civilized conversation with you.