Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 12-01-2020, 11:51 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I personally found it important to understand "where and when the animating spirit becomes the complete individual" and completely within the scope of this thread.

I'll be happy to 'hear' your ideas about / thoughts on the subject.
Old 13-01-2020, 12:09 AM
leadville

Quote:
I have a friend who recalls her soul forming a fluid connection with the body at the moment of conception, as the spiritists state.

Without any direct memory of my own birth, I am inclined to go with the "at conception" point ... but I don't know.

The memory of your friend's experience makes sense for me.

When discussing this topic several years ago I was told by a now-passed friend, whose depth of knowledge I deeply respected, that the invisible link between animating spirit and its chosen, physical body-to-be (still at a very early-cellular stage) begins at the point a commitment-to-animate occurs.

I suppose there could be slightly variation in the exact point a commitment is made depending on circumstances. Similarly the point of total interpenetration and integration of soul/spirit and body during development of a baby may vary considerably for several reasons.
Old 13-01-2020, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
I'll be happy to 'hear' your ideas about / thoughts on the subject.

I am still in the process of formulating my position on what has been a very troubling subject for me --- abortion. That is why I started this thread.
Old 13-01-2020, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
The memory of your friend's experience makes sense for me.

When discussing this topic several years ago I was told by a now-passed friend, whose depth of knowledge I deeply respected, that the invisible link between animating spirit and its chosen, physical body-to-be (still at a very early-cellular stage) begins at the point a commitment-to-animate occurs.

I suppose there could be slightly variation in the exact point a commitment is made depending on circumstances. Similarly the point of total interpenetration and integration of soul/spirit and body during development of a baby may vary considerably for several reasons.

That too makes sense - "at the point a commitment-to-animate occurs".

I am just digesting all the awesome information being provided.
Old 13-01-2020, 02:57 PM
leadville

Quote:
That too makes sense - "at the point a commitment-to-animate occurs".

I am just digesting all the awesome information being provided.

It's good to 'hear' you're enjoying members' contributions on this interesting and thought-provoking topic. I am too!
Old 15-01-2020, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
It's good to 'hear' you're enjoying members' contributions on this interesting and thought-provoking topic. I am too!

I was talking to a sannyasi friend whom I've known for over 30 years and she was not as concerned with abortions as I was previously. She attributed it to karma without going into further detail.

There is such a wide range of reactions to abortion that it literally boggles the mind.

P.S. Incidentally, I haven't been to a Spiritist meeting in almost two weeks now. At the last meeting which I attended, there was a Spiritist reading on the "Gospel" with Emmanuel being the channeled spirit. They did the Parable of the Withered Fig Tree which has never resonated with me. (My sense is that something got lost with that particular parable over the course of time but it's possible that I haven't interpreted it correctly. The Emmanuel commentary even seemed out of sync with the parable as presented.) The evening left a strange taste in my mouth (so to speak) but, as you said, the spirits are NOT "omniscient" so it's not surprising. It's just that this particular session was disappointing at the time and significantly reduced my credibility in the group that presented this as "Gospel".
Old 15-01-2020, 03:15 PM
leadville

Quote:
I was talking to a sannyasi friend whom I've known for over 30 years and she was not as concerned with abortions as I was previously. She attributed it to karma without going into further detail.

There is such a wide range of reactions to abortion that it literally boggles the mind.

P.S. Incidentally, I haven't been to a Spiritist meeting in almost two weeks now. At the last meeting which I attended, there was a Spiritist reading on the "Gospel" with Emmanuel being the channeled spirit. They did the Parable of the Withered Fig Tree which has never resonated with me. (My sense is that something got lost with that particular parable over the course of time but it's possible that I haven't interpreted it correctly. The Emmanuel commentary even seemed out of sync with the parable as presented.) The evening left a strange taste in my mouth (so to speak) but, as you said, the spirits are NOT "omniscient" so it's not surprising. It's just that this particular session was disappointing at the time and significantly reduced my credibility in the group that presented this as "Gospel".

I sense you're finding the Spiritist movement's approach isn't an exact fit for you. It certainly wouldn't do for me! The mention of reading from a book in a similar way to that of the Bible is a complete turn-off for me.

But each to their own and as long as folk are happy with what they find then who am I to say they shouldn't be?
Old 16-01-2020, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
I sense you're finding the Spiritist movement's approach isn't an exact fit for you. It certainly wouldn't do for me! The mention of reading from a book in a similar way to that of the Bible is a complete turn-off for me.

But each to their own and as long as folk are happy with what they find then who am I to say they shouldn't be?

You are reading me quite well !

That particular "Biblical session" at the Spiritist group on the Withering Fig Tree parable was definitely not an uplifting experience, as you duly noted.

I may go back but certainly not as frequently. There are nice people there.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:45 PM
Seeker
Really controversial topic for sure. I agree with most of the points listed. I can't remember exactly where I obtained this information but I agree the souls/spirits select their next life experience from the spirit realm but dont enter the body until the moment of birth. I'm not convinced of the growing confusion, I believe this occurs once the soul attaches at birth...it is the human form that forgets, not the spirit, IMO. this is how through meditation we are able to access knowledge
From our higher selves or higher spirit realms.
I also believe that a spirit/soul can change their mind about incarnating right up until birth. Not all incarnations require this 'forgetting' or confusion either, as they describe it, only this Earth experience (or other 3D worlds) - incarnations on other planets of higher density dont experience this, knowledge is retained.
So if we accept that the soul makes their final decision to incarnate at the point of birth then for me it reduces the severity of abortion, because their is no sentience/soul yet attached. From a purely spiritual perspective, our human vessel is a meat suit, it is not who we are. Our souls are immortal and infinite and on that basis I dont fear death in a physical sense.
A soul that selects a fetus that is then terminated is free to select another that will provide the same or similar life experiences that that soul wishes to experience.
Old 30-06-2020, 02:29 AM
MAYA EL

When my mother was pregnant with me When I was early into the 3rd trimester I woke up . Now I confermed this because I told my mother which side I liked to be on because there was more room she confermed that I was right about every thing I highlighted about being in the womb. With that said it was rather Bland experience or memory I should say because I had no thought I had no inner talking I didn't saying I was being squished or anything like that because I didn't know language yet. Definitely an interesting experience. Also remember parts of being born which I confirmed Andre accurate on my assertions as to the amount of people in the room and certain things that were said and obviously from birth till now I remember with the standard gaps of non important time that everybody's missing.