Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-10-2019, 04:16 AM
Ascender
Lost touch with my spirituality

I dont know how to get all I had back, but I want to.

I used to be so in tune with everything... these days I feel empty. Meditation doesn't do anything special for me anymore. I cant connect with guides if I have any now. I cant astral project like I used to. I dont have any special dreams that could potentially help. I dont ever feel in tune with anything good, and it sucks so much. I just feel almost lifeless, especially since I turned 30. I cant figure out why this is happening to me. Life, for me, seems to be less meaningful and less purposeful. It hurts, just like all my beliefs have been taken away and I'm questioning everything, and getting no where. I guess I'd really like to know if anyone can share their experiences if you've lost touch with your spirituality before?

It's like theres just a deep void that I dont even try to fill because I know that its just a bandaid, and that all of this is all not real anyway, at least that it all passes anyway. I mean what is the point?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:18 AM
Master
That's great. I feel this is just a normal part of growing and maturing. Naturally there may be some desire to cling back to something that gives you some sense of identity, or purpose. Similar happened with me around the same age.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
That's great. I feel this is just a normal part of growing and maturing. Naturally there may be some desire to cling back to something that gives you some sense of identity, or purpose. Similar happened with me around the same age.
Hmm, you're right. Weird. It was just really unexpected.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Master
Not saying one should give up on meditation or astral projects, or things like that. Just in case you took my response like that. Like i have an interest in astrology but its more for fun there is not much seriousness or importance placed on it. Like if i start meditating, i'm not going to get upset if i don't experience any new insights and if i do, i won't place too much importance on it.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkiez

I used to be so in tune with everything... these days I feel empty. Meditation doesn't do anything special for me anymore. I cant connect with guides if I have any now. I cant astral project like I used to. I dont have any special dreams that could potentially help. I dont ever feel in tune with anything good, and it sucks so much. I just feel almost lifeless, especially since I turned 30. I cant figure out why this is happening to me. Life, for me, seems to be less meaningful and less purposeful. It hurts, just like all my beliefs have been taken away and I'm questioning everything, and getting no where. I guess I'd really like to know if anyone can share their experiences if you've lost touch with your spirituality before?

It's like theres just a deep void that I dont even try to fill because I know that its just a bandaid, and that all of this is all not real anyway, at least that it all passes anyway. I mean what is the point?

It may seem as if you have lost your connection with spirituality, but perhaps this too is part of your spiritual journey. You may have lessons to learn in dealing with material existence, so now is the time to focus on that. Even if it is all a pointless game, maybe we need to show that we are capable of playing the game well.

Most people by the time they turn 30 have various responsibilities - spouses, children, mortgages, careers, etc. So it may mean paying more attention to the material world and perhaps just keeping our spiritual interests ticking over in the background. We may have this ideal that spirituality and daily practice should always guide our lives, but the reality is that sometimes it all takes a back seat.

All life is cyclic - no doubt there will come a time when once again your spiritual interests will become deeply meaningful and you will be once more in tune with your Higher Nature. Until then, you are in a different stage of the cycle.

Peace
Old 03-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:

I have, it comes an goes with me at times. For me it seems I just need a break. Then something Sparks and inspires me to get back out there. I feel everyone needs "grounded time" as much as spiritual time. I don't look for that spark, it typically finds me
Old 03-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Deactivated Account

Just like depression where you spiral downwards consistent and dedicated practise spirals you upward. Have less dedication and you will stagnate, stop practising and you will forget and have to start over. It's not the end tho look at what "blocked" you previously and see what to do at least that is how it feels for me.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It may seem as if you have lost your connection with spirituality, but perhaps this too is part of your spiritual journey. You may have lessons to learn in dealing with material existence, so now is the time to focus on that. Even if it is all a pointless game, maybe we need to show that we are capable of playing the game well.

Most people by the time they turn 30 have various responsibilities - spouses, children, mortgages, careers, etc. So it may mean paying more attention to the material world and perhaps just keeping our spiritual interests ticking over in the background. We may have this ideal that spirituality and daily practice should always guide our lives, but the reality is that sometimes it all takes a back seat.

All life is cyclic - no doubt there will come a time when once again your spiritual interests will become deeply meaningful and you will be once more in tune with your Higher Nature. Until then, you are in a different stage of the cycle.

Peace
Hey, thank you for this. I can resonate with this explanation, and it makes me feel more at ease. I was feeling like I was missing a vital part of myself. Peace :)
Old 03-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Master

Quote:

It’s been said that emptiness is a precursor to fullness.
That is another facet of, or another perspective on the experience you describe while assuming it necessarily has a negative import. You should not allow yourself to become discouraged; just getting to the place where these issues may arise is momentous and auspicious.

We can’t “get back” what was never really lost. But it‘s understandable and a common experience that we look for it in the wrong place. Spirituality is always available, but by nature it is always evolving within while the apparent focus changes. We need to adapt to the will of Spirit within us, not demand or expect that it adapt to what we think our very important needs are...

What we do lose touch with is enthusiasm and dedication, devotion, the spirit of evolution, of self-discovery, of newness, aspiration, and gratitude - because we become enamored of, and attached to the known, to previous discovery - especially the form(s) of it - and expect that the known and how we got to know it will persist. That expectation is a reality killer, and leads to disappointment, frustration, and cynicism. So those needs, demands, expectations could be questioned as to what they indicate.

Prominent phenomena that once occurred to announce the onset of certain possibilities, e.g., awakening, are often merely affirmation, direction, indication - clear and undeniable...and appropriate in that context of awakening. But that doesn’t mean those same signs, modes, and means are going to keep appearing frequently and blatantly on the journey once you are awake, get out of bed, brush your teeth, etc.... That once one enters the highway (consciously) one needs to see fireworks and big signs every mile of the journey as inducement to continue. Where’s the faith? Where’s the devotion? Where’s the gratitude? Those also have to be cultivated in a spiritual practice.

It’s the attachment to expectation that represents the stasis, what people often describe as “losing touch with spirituality”, when they simply must shift gears into a new phase of progressive practice.

You haven’t lost touch; perhaps just the opposite….e.g., maybe a gripping attachment to what used to be exciting and fun, new, interesting - bells and whistles - and the expectation that this will continue. And a consequent blindness to what the new horizons are.

So much of the discussions among spiritual aspirants about what is problematic involve this issue, and the inability or resistance to resolve it often leads to diversion, frustration, doubt, skepticism, and cynicism - which is unfortunate.

There are phases of spiritual practice where apparently “nothing is happening”, except for the cheerful persistence of the practice without expectation. Even great spiritual masters have gone through this and why a little edification in that regard is valuable insight. To the ego these fallow or dry periods seem empty, useless, and worthless. But there are depths that can be cultivated if only we remain open.

Preparation is necessary.
Why do we only notice and value the results of preparation and not the preparation itself?
Perhaps a good question at this time.

~ J

Old 04-10-2019, 04:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Hey, thank you for this. I can resonate with this explanation, and it makes me feel more at ease. I was feeling like I was missing a vital part of myself. Peace :)

Glad that you resonated with what I said.

The spiritual journey can alternate between periods of growth and periods of consolidation. The periods of growth are exciting. The periods of consolidation are quieter. These periods of consolidation seem like a plateau, but they provide time for us to take what we have learned and really make it ours. We can incorporate the lessons before we embark on the next period of growth. And there will always be a next period of growth.

Peace.