Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-07-2019, 06:23 AM
Knower

Do we live in a Matrix – Is Matter a virtual Simulation?

What is life about? I don’t know the full answer but obviously we, souls, incarnate and lead material lives because we want to make experiences. The reason why we want to make these experiences remains unclear. Either we want to transform through experience, or we just want to have fun in the material world, or we incarnate due to other reasons. In any case we choose the life we live intentionally.

If we use matter in order to make particular experiences, isn’t it quite probable that what we perceive as material world is nothing more than a virtual simulation devised for precisely that purpose of giving us a tool to make these experiences?
I think of matter as being a kind of computer game – a multidimensional global computer game in which we, as souls, log in over the course of an incarnation and make experiences.

Some believe that matter is a sort of substance in which we enwrap ourselves. They imagine our physical body and brain as a sort of substance to which our soul gets connected when we incarnate. They further imagine the world surrounding our body as material play-ground suitable to allow for all kinds of experiences. Like the Virtual-Matrix-Theory this explanation also implies that matter is kind of s system that’s created for to purpose of enabling us to make experiences within it. But it’s much more plausible that matter isn’t a substance but rather a virtual simulation because of two reasons:
(1) A virtual computer-game would enable us, as its users, to make precisely that experiences we would like to make. I.e. there were no physical constrains.
(2) Virtual worlds were much more economic and frugal to establish and to operate.
Old 19-07-2019, 06:32 AM
Master

It is kind of a "Groundhog Day" (the movie).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-07-2019, 06:48 AM
Knower

The film “Groundhog Day” doesn't explain the technology underlying the system. Do you think of something like in the film “The Marix” (1999)?
Old 19-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
What is life about? I don’t know the full answer but obviously we, souls, incarnate and lead material lives because we want to make experiences.

Why and how is this obvious?

It's not obvious to me so an explanation would help.
Old 19-07-2019, 07:52 AM
Master
Quote:
What is life about? I don’t know the full answer but obviously we, souls, incarnate and lead material lives because we want to make experiences. The reason why we want to make these experiences remains unclear. Either we want to transform through experience, or we just want to have fun in the material world, or we incarnate due to other reasons. In any case we choose the life we live intentionally.

I don't think we necessarily choose intentionally. Some get ebola or rabies and I very much doubt anyone would choose to suffer like that willingly. Others are abused, murdered, raped, starve etc.

I think there was a ''fall from Grace'' - for whatever reason we choose to 'experience' ''creation'', and because of that we are now stuck in it, and identify with all manner of things that further perpetuates incarnation upon incarnation. This to me is the *best* explanation, any other doesn't really get anywhere IMO. There's also no *soul evolution* as the only thing evolving is that which changes and is imperfect. Much of the ''spiritual growth'' people talk about deals with psychic powers and are subtle body phenomena, so it still belongs to the realms of change and imperfection.

I don't believe we literally live in a Matrix, there's different 'worlds' but this doesn't make A any more real than B, and it doesn't mean B is an illusion just because you're aware of A. The Matrix movies say something rather different..

It would be great though if we did live in a *Matrix* because that would imply there's a way to go beyond this. But any person claiming powers x or experience y is still stuck to their bodies in the end. You either die and the body rots away or you have to make due with the limitations of this world. Haven't seen, heard, or witnessed anyone or anything bending the rules to such an extent that suggests we live in a Matrix.
Old 19-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Master
Makes sense OP. Look at how far technology has progressed these past few years. Imagine a million years of progress, a billion years. Creating a world like this would not be an issue. When I found out about what matter really is, the idea of the holographic universe and the field, things started to slot into place. Let alone the spiritual ideas. Experiences I've had on there own probably wouldn't seem like proof, but added up mean something to me. The whole thing is very clever.
Old 19-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Ascender

Hello all.
We--and all else--certainly exist in a universal constant interconnection and interaction of cause and consequence. It's an interconnection that seems like an inherent characteristic of the workings of the . We understand some of it, and much of that understanding is what we call scientific. However, we do only understand some of it. Our minds need to be open to learning, uncovering, more.
The interconnection is very real, but as yet I dont think we have understood that we are each part of it.--and in my view our understanding will rapidly grow when we live that reality. It is an understanding which comes from being within it, rather than objectively viewing it Imo.

petex
Old 19-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
What is life about?
Wrong question. Life is not about anything, Life just IS and after that it's up to you.

Quote:
I don’t know the full answer but obviously we, souls, incarnate and lead material lives because we want to make experiences.
You are the answer looking for the question.

Quote:
The reason why we want to make these experiences remains unclear. Either we want to transform through experience, or we just want to have fun in the material world, or we incarnate due to other reasons. In any case we choose the life we live intentionally.
Sit yourself down, do some candles and music if you like and clear your skull out. Then ask yourself one question; "How different would the Universe be if I had never existed?" If you answer that one properly it'll be the most profound realisation you can ever come to.

Quote:
If we use matter in order to make particular experiences, isn’t it quite probable that what we perceive as material world is nothing more than a virtual simulation devised for precisely that purpose of giving us a tool to make these experiences?
From a human perspective, yes, but not from a Spiritual perspective. Importance is egoic, not Spiritual.

Quote:
I think of matter as being a kind of computer game – a multidimensional global computer game in which we, as souls, log in over the course of an incarnation and make experiences.
As good a visualisation as any.

Quote:
Some believe that matter is a sort of substance in which we enwrap ourselves. They imagine our physical body and brain as a sort of substance to which our soul gets connected when we incarnate. They further imagine the world surrounding our body as material play-ground suitable to allow for all kinds of experiences. Like the Virtual-Matrix-Theory this explanation also implies that matter is kind of s system that’s created for to purpose of enabling us to make experiences within it. But it’s much more plausible that matter isn’t a substance but rather a virtual simulation because of two reasons:
(1) A virtual computer-game would enable us, as its users, to make precisely that experiences we would like to make. I.e. there were no physical constrains.
(2) Virtual worlds were much more economic and frugal to establish and to operate.
This takes an understanding of science rather than Spirituality and the inter-relationship between them. It also takes a far different understanding of the brain/mind construct and consciousness - what you're ploughing through in the other thread. If you want to understand this better grab some beer, popcorn and a copy of Whatever Dreams May Come. Specifically, the part when he first arrives in heaven and the plasticine cups that fall apart when he tries to drink from them.
Old 19-07-2019, 01:30 PM
Master

The Cosmic reality is an evolutionary scheme.
What is evolving? Consciousness.

Everything is consciousness...
Matter is consciousness.
Life is consciousness.
Mind is consciousness.
There is a consciousness beyond mind.
And yet, there is a consciousness beyond the Cosmic creation itself.

Human beings are an amalgam of various consciousness; a microcosm, and -
we are uniquely self-conscious.
This means we may realise who we are through experience.
This is the true purpose of our existence.

If you want to call an interdependent multiplicity of apparently separate 'identities' - NATURE - a “matrix”, ok. But then that matrix, or Nature in its totality is also the individual being in a microcosm, and much more…

The individual being is essentially and inalienably the microcosm, the macrocosm, and what created both - all consciousness that is infinite and eternal in Being. But also essentially the same in its evolutionary form, in becoming…in and through the individuated human being who in and through evolutionary experience may realise this as the true Identity.

~ J

Old 19-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I don't believe we literally live in a Matrix, there's different 'worlds' but this doesn't make A any more real than B, and it doesn't mean B is an illusion just because you're aware of A. The Matrix movies say something rather different..
I suppose The Matrix is one imagining of what social control aims to do. I see it more about puppets. People segregate into puppets and the intelligentsia (those who pull the strings). There's no solid wall between them so people could move from one to the other and do - though I can't think why anyone would want to return to the puppets. And of course some people awaken to the puppetry/matrix and simply map it for what it is; without wanting to belong. Among them are those who map what intelligentsia are up to, too. Some are here - the "spiritually" awakened or perhaps better said they're on the path of casting aside delusion and illusion, call it spiritual if you want and with the goal of controlling their own lives, manipulating the matrix and its managers to their advantage wherever they can.

For many, though, they do what they've been programmed to do (increasingly by government these days as, certainly in the UK, parental responsibilities are removed or neglected). What they buy, what they eat, what they wear is in the hands of commerce and the government. Consensus is built up and veiled punishments (such as being cast out) are warned if they fail to comply.

To me the essence of politics is the struggle between different ideologies over managing the matrix, if you like - like religions each claiming to be the right way and doing all possible to silence opposition!