Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 16-10-2018, 06:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorcow
I also practiced Falun Gong. I used to have excessive knee pains and I had problem bending down when doing the Falun Dafa microcosmic orbit. However, my knee pains disappeared after persevering for a month. My guess is that every individual is different and we will encounter different experiences.

My advice is that you persevere with the practice as many people reported significant health gains. Focus on learning the principles behind Zhuan Falun as they are just as important.

As with any practice, you need patience. Hope this helps. :-)

Qigong has no links to Falun Gong, Qigong is thousands of years old and is focused solely on health., Falun Gong is focused on reading the books written by master Li.

" Adherents would try to gain enlightenment by reading the works of “Master Li”, who is said to be able to walk through walls and levitate."
Falun Gong avows a path to salvation for the faithful, the ' faithfull ' being master Li's followers.
Old 17-10-2018, 03:36 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Qigong has no links to Falun Gong, Qigong is thousands of years old and is focused solely on health., Falun Gong is focused on reading the books written by master Li.

" Adherents would try to gain enlightenment by reading the works of “Master Li”, who is said to be able to walk through walls and levitate."
Falun Gong avows a path to salvation for the faithful, the ' faithfull ' being master Li's followers.
Just some clarifications. The reading of books (you can get them for free online) are to learn the theory/principles behind the practice. It does not encourage blind following but rational understanding. Other than health, Falun Gong is focused on personal cultivation and spiritual development.

Other than the 'theory' part (book reading), there are the 'exercise' parts which involves the qigong and meditation aspect (You can always find people practicing in parks). The 'theory' and 'exercise' cannot exist independently from each other.

But of course, but I do agree that Falun Gong is vastly different from many conventional school of Qigong. Not all practices are the same anyway.

Hope this helps.
Old 17-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Just some clarifications. The reading of books (you can get them for free online) are to learn the theory/principles behind the practice. It does not encourage blind following but rational understanding. Other than health, Falun Gong is focused on personal cultivation and spiritual development.

Other than the 'theory' part (book reading), there are the 'exercise' parts which involves the qigong and meditation aspect (You can always find people practicing in parks). The 'theory' and 'exercise' cannot exist independently from each other.

But of course, but I do agree that Falun Gong is vastly different from many conventional school of Qigong. Not all practices are the same anyway.

Hope this helps.

' Falun Gong enter into the realm of quackery, as they consistently make health claims that cannot be verified scientifically. This includes healing by touch, raising the paralyzed, curing cancer at far higher success rates than conventional medicines, sending vibes across the sea to heal at a distance or living for several hundred years -- all claims that have been made for Falun Gong.'

' Falun Gong's premise is that through a set of five exercises a practitioner cultivates an golden-colored entity called the falun, which resides in one's gut and spins continuously, absorbing energy from parallel universes, thereby making the body invincible to disease. As Li Hongzhi has always boasted, he has some serious falun that allows him to walk through walls and perform magic.'

Has anyone see Li levitate and walk through walls
Old 18-10-2018, 07:17 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Falun Gong enter into the realm of quackery, as they consistently make health claims that cannot be verified scientifically. This includes healing by touch, raising the paralyzed, curing cancer at far higher success rates than conventional medicines, sending vibes across the sea to heal at a distance or living for several hundred years -- all claims that have been made for Falun Gong.'

' Falun Gong's premise is that through a set of five exercises a practitioner cultivates an golden-colored entity called the falun, which resides in one's gut and spins continuously, absorbing energy from parallel universes, thereby making the body invincible to disease. As Li Hongzhi has always boasted, he has some serious falun that allows him to walk through walls and perform magic.'

Has anyone see Li levitate and walk through walls

Wow.... Thanks for sharing but seriously, I never heard of such things since learning this for years.

What I can share is this. There are quite a lot of attacks on Falun Gong as it is persecuted heavily in Communist China. A lot of false accusations are levied on Falun Gong in the process to justify the persecution. However, millions of people still practice it despite the crackdown... I guess there must be good reasons why people are still practicing given the risk?

Anyway, Falun Gong is taught free of charge. Just google it. You can read with an open mind on what it is written inside its teachings. Perhaps, you will understand why it is still practiced by so many people despite the personal risk and most of the 'copy and paste' propaganda are simply fabricated, misunderstood or taken way out of context. For example, things you mentioned like healing by touch are actually strongly disallowed in Falun Gong.

Don't take my word for it, read the original Zhuan Falun and you will know why these propaganda are not true.

Btw, I am not here to convert people. I just wish to find a nice place where people can talk while taking a break at home. Personally, I have tried different practices and what I can share from personal experiences is that Falun Gong is the real deal (at least for me) when it come to spiritual cultivation. It answered the life questions I being asking since young. That the reason why I am sharing it with interested people.

PS: I have not seen Master Li levitate and walk through walls.
Old 18-10-2018, 08:07 AM
Master
Talking

Quote:
Wow.... Thanks for sharing but seriously, I never heard of such things since learning this for years.

What I can share is this. There are quite a lot of attacks on Falun Gong as it is persecuted heavily in Communist China. A lot of false accusations are levied on Falun Gong in the process to justify the persecution. However, millions of people still practice it despite the crackdown... I guess there must be good reasons why people are still practicing given the risk?

Anyway, Falun Gong is taught free of charge. Just google it. You can read with an open mind on what it is written inside its teachings. Perhaps, you will understand why it is still practiced by so many people despite the personal risk and most of the 'copy and paste' propaganda are simply fabricated, misunderstood or taken way out of context. For example, things you mentioned like healing by touch are actually strongly disallowed in Falun Gong.

Don't take my word for it, read the original Zhuan Falun and you will know why these propaganda are not true.

Btw, I am not here to convert people. I just wish to find a nice place where people can talk while taking a break at home. Personally, I have tried different practices and what I can share from personal experiences is that Falun Gong is the real deal (at least for me) when it come to spiritual cultivation. It answered the life questions I being asking since young. That the reason why I am sharing it with interested people.

PS: I have not seen Master Li levitate and walk through walls.

" Falun Dafa involves the cultivation of a Falun, or “law wheel.” The Falun is an intelligent, rotating entity composed of high-energy matter. The Falun that Master Li Hongzhi plants in a practitioner’s lower abdomen from other dimensions rotates constantly, twenty-four hours a day. (True cultivators can acquire a Falun by reading Master Li’s books, watching his 9-session lectures on video, listening to his 9-session lectures on audiocassette, or studying together with students of Falun Dafa.) "

Falundafa. org....

"The Falun that Master Li Hongzhi plants in a practitioner’s lower abdomen from other dimensions rotates constantly, twenty-four hours a day" Clever Man this Mister Li, lol.
Old 19-10-2018, 06:27 AM
Seeker

Try reading the entire book with an open mind. Perhaps, you can see a fresh/different perspective.
Old 20-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Guide

Quote:
Try reading the entire book with an open mind. Perhaps, you can see a fresh/different perspective.
There is much value in the practice and the simple down to earth philosophy associated with Falun Dafa. However, on a higher philosophical level it becomes as cranky and crazy as Scientology.