Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOL
Perhaps it was Santorini as you say, but all the exaggerations about it are what made it the myth we know today as the mysterious wonderland where aliens had a cup of tea with humans on a regular basis.

Of course, because that's what happens with a lot of stuff.. entire new narratives start to sprout from the soil. I think this also happened with Jesus. The gospels were written decades after he existed so whatever the writers wrote down was also hearsay, and hearsay goes from mouth to mouth and some stuff will be exaggerated and other stuff will be discarded or ignored..

I think that could also apply to Atlantis. It could very well have been a civilization on a Greek island (Santorini), but then it fades and becomes a myth, and people can make it bigger than it was. Did you know that some people in the Middle Ages thought those remaining large Roman structures across France and Spain were made by giants..?? They just could not imagine how people could build such things..

Old 12-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Knower
I believe Atlantis may be "real" in our physical Earthly sense. Perhaps only Santorini by a different name, but the legends go back millennia, and I tend to give history and tradition more benefit of the doubt. However, I don't believe Lemuria exists in any physical form. From what I read, Lemuria was imagined very recently in the 1800s as an explanation for phenomena now attributed to continental drift, and it continues to live on in the minds of those who follow the New Age faiths. Not that Lemuria isn't real in any sense, but it has a much smaller place in the average human psyche than Atlantis.

I also highly doubt any interference from extraterrestrial species, because any interstellar societies would probably be kept fairly isolated by cosmic-level natural selection. Aliens meddling in our Earthling affairs would be akin to the United States meddling with other nations. Expansionism, imperialism, and interventionism may be normal, natural, healthy processes, but so too is the collapse of such empires. The bigger you are, the harder you fall. Big, crowded, interconnected communities are easier prey for infectious diseases and bad ideas. Like a shark swallowing up a school of fish. Any alien species interfering with our planet would most likely be nearing their own extinction.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 13-06-2019, 03:53 AM
Master

Imo, alien species, especially that of the invasive type, may not pose much of a threat to the earth if earthlings are harmonious and united, and use spirituality as a tool to achieve that.

However, if earthlings focus on superficial differences and go for war and conflict which substantially weaken humanity, then such alien species may have a fighting chance to impose sovereignty on earth.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 13-06-2019, 04:56 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Were Atlantis and Lemuria real ?
Most people say that Atlantis was just a story invented by Plato, however some spiritual people say that they remember past lives from Atlantis. Some other archeologists claimed to have found ruins of Atlantis near Spain, or even near Mexico, but it wasn't actually discovered. So where was Atlantis located if it was real, in another dimension? Was it a physical place? And how were humans back then in terms of physical aspect and technology?

Well, somewhere in one of the infinitely many worlds of Hugh Everett, spread out across the multiple dimensions of string theory, it is pretty much a certainty that it is real. The question is have you created such a world within you.
Old 13-06-2019, 05:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well, somewhere in one of the infinitely many worlds of Hugh Everett, spread out across the multiple dimensions of string theory, it is pretty much a certainty that it is real. The question is have you created such a world within you.
Precisely and indeed!

Not so long ago, I spent a few weeks going over all the evidence, scientific and otherwise for the lost continent of Lemuria.

I started with "Adam's Bridge" which was once a man made bridge connecting South India with Sri Lanka, which is now submerged under about 30 Meters of ocean.

I then read Tamil accounts of a lost continent called "Kumari Kandam" which joined South India, Australia and Africa.

The Tamil scholars sought to provide proof of this, by the fact that certain tribes in West Africa spoke Tamil and that the whole human history was "out of Lemuria" rather than "Out of Africa".

Further digging showed the whole biased extent to which Tamil Nationalists will go in asserting some kind of ethnic or genetic superiority...yep, there is nothing on Earth that the Tamils didn't make first and everybody else just copied them because the Tamils are the original descendents of the peoples from Lemuria.

Not once, did it cross their minds to ever think that Tamil people were speaking Cameroon, not Cameroon people speaking Tamil.

After reading more things about all of that, I could see the grandiose verbosity in ALL manner of historical claims relating to a sense of national pride...so much so, it led me to believe that Lemuria or Kumari Kandam never existed in the first place!

It also led me to realise something ELSE..bear with me..

We look at the world now...how it has been in the past 500 years or so...wars, pestilence, famine, greed, crime, selfishness etc etc and our collective hearts are longing for a more peaceful, beautiful and prosperous place, filled with kindness, understanding, natural wonders, awesome monuments, wise sages on every street corner..

Thus, myths are created to fulfill the requirement for a peace within...the most famous of which, of course, is Shambhala or Shangri-La to represent what an idealistic utopia would look like if it actually existed.

The same could be said for Atlantis, Lemuria and all other mythical civilizations and you will find that the demise of such places is always caused by mankind choosing the material over the spiritual and thus it becomes a metaphor to represent the downfall of civilization...any civilization really, with many going "I only wish things were pure and simple, like they were before".

I would love another civilization to flourish like the Indus valley civilization, which dried up when the Saraswati River did...so then it becomes a case of one civilization perishing due to lack of water, while another perishing due to too much of it.

However, the true utopian paradise is within my mind and heart. I can visit there any time I want.
Old 13-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Precisely and indeed!

Not so long ago, I spent a few weeks going over all the evidence, scientific and otherwise for the lost continent of Lemuria.

I started with "Adam's Bridge" which was once a man made bridge connecting South India with Sri Lanka, which is now submerged under about 30 Meters of ocean.

I then read Tamil accounts of a lost continent called "Kumari Kandam" which joined South India, Australia and Africa.

The Tamil scholars sought to provide proof of this, by the fact that certain tribes in West Africa spoke Tamil and that the whole human history was "out of Lemuria" rather than "Out of Africa".

Further digging showed the whole biased extent to which Tamil Nationalists will go in asserting some kind of ethnic or genetic superiority...yep, there is nothing on Earth that the Tamils didn't make first and everybody else just copied them because the Tamils are the original descendents of the peoples from Lemuria.

Not once, did it cross their minds to ever think that Tamil people were speaking Cameroon, not Cameroon people speaking Tamil.

After reading more things about all of that, I could see the grandiose verbosity in ALL manner of historical claims relating to a sense of national pride...so much so, it led me to believe that Lemuria or Kumari Kandam never existed in the first place!

It also led me to realise something ELSE..bear with me..

We look at the world now...how it has been in the past 500 years or so...wars, pestilence, famine, greed, crime, selfishness etc etc and our collective hearts are longing for a more peaceful, beautiful and prosperous place, filled with kindness, understanding, natural wonders, awesome monuments, wise sages on every street corner..

Thus, myths are created to fulfill the requirement for a peace within...the most famous of which, of course, is Shambhala or Shangri-La to represent what an idealistic utopia would look like if it actually existed.

The same could be said for Atlantis, Lemuria and all other mythical civilizations and you will find that the demise of such places is always caused by mankind choosing the material over the spiritual and thus it becomes a metaphor to represent the downfall of civilization...any civilization really, with many going "I only wish things were pure and simple, like they were before".

I would love another civilization to flourish like the Indus valley civilization, which dried up when the Saraswati River did...so then it becomes a case of one civilization perishing due to lack of water, while another perishing due to too much of it.

However, the true utopian paradise is within my mind and heart. I can visit there any time I want.

I suppose I'm lucky. Within all the wars, pestilence, famine, greed, selfishness, etc -- which may have roots 500+ millennia deep -- I still see a peaceful, beautiful, prosperous place filled with kindness, understanding, natural wonders, awesome monuments, and wise sages on every street corner. Of course, I still have my bones to pick, my own dreams for myself and my loved ones....Perhaps a peaceful little cabin in the woods, surrounded by a high-security compound.

But I understand that the world now is exactly as it should be in this point in spacetime. Just as it always was, and always will be. There is no beginning or end to suffering, only perception, transmutation, the exchange of matter, energy, information is a cosmic game of give-and-take. There was never an objectively "better" or "worse" time in human history, nor will there ever be. There is only personal preference. Many prefer their perception of the future or past over the present, while those who hold sacred Atlantis or Lemuria seem to prefer a point in spacetime outside typical human perception. But I could very well be wrong.

Personally, I think Atlantis and Lemuria sound unpleasant whether "real" or not. At least the conventional depictions of these civilizations. Advanced, enlightened, high-tech, urbanized extraterrestrials? No thanks. I prefer my sticks, stones, blood, and bone. The "out of Africa" hypothesis simply makes more sense to my delicate sensibilities.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 13-06-2019, 04:10 PM
Master
When you live in a time where most people die from a simple disease, or a time where nearly half of your population dies from the black desth, many people having to bury their family members and seeing nothing but death, sadness and destruction you can certainly notice some times are better to live than others. This isn’t really “subjective”, perhaps on a case by case (person by person) level but we can globally or regionally definitely objectively compare and judge. For some groups the modern times or any other time is better or worse compared to some other time, etc.

I don’t think it helps humanity to be completely relativist about things. I’m glad there are people doing the right thing.. making a difference, coming up with solutions to problems. Things get better when people actively make it so, that’s what doctors, scientists do, that’s what societies favouring certain values do. Things aren’t the same everywhere nor are they equally good or beneficial..
Bad things happen in this world and in society when good people do nothing..

Fatalism, extreme relativism, solipsism.. these are of no use to humanity..

Old 13-06-2019, 04:17 PM
Knower

Edithaint, maybe before people developing using stones in Africa, there were advanced civilizations. Think of it this way, we sort of consider ourselves pretty advanced compared to 1000 years ago say. What if a World War 3 or a natural disaster would take place and almost everything will be wiped out? The remaining people will remember how it was before WW3, but all they could do is to tell others about it (and that's prone to subjectivity) or at maximum write it on something, but their followers will be sceptical saying it's a myth. Most of what was built will perish if not maintained, so all buildings you see now might turn into nothing as they won't be able to repair them anyway.You will have let's say 10 000 people left scattered on Planet Earth (exaggerated I know but you get the point), no electricity, no internet, no books, no cars, no phones, they will have to build their way up to technology from scratch. Eventually they will get to a point again of high tech, and sceptical say: our ancestors were not high tech, we were the first, they developed in Africa using stones (as you mentioned) which is partially true. Maybe our ancestors were having other types of technology available completely different from ours and we can't compare since we create our definitions change constantly as we advance in time about what we consider technologically advanced, maybe they were less advanced, or maybe they didn't need to be so. As Einstein said if WW3 starts the next war will be with sticks and stones. What I want to point out is that the previous scenario that I stated maybe already happened, and we are sort of in a loop, reliving the scenario nobody knows for sure and I keep an open mind on that, I don't claim to know everything just my 2 cents
Old 13-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

Help create that world..? It doesn’t have to be a mental imagination..
Spirituality is one way, but in day-to-day life we can all do small and great things..

This is why atheists tend to be better equipped to do it because they don’t *wait* for dreams and paradise.. I am no atheist but I believe this is something we can all learn.. to take matters into our own hands. Ancient ‘pagans’ did it as well, even if offerings didn’t go well. With Christianity and Islam came a sense of fatalism.. “Guys, lets just wait for God to fix things!” We changed our attitudes again after the churches slowly lost control..

I too long for a better world but I don’t see the use in just imagining it..
If we want that world we have to make it and be the change..
Old 13-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
When you live in a time where most people die from a simple disease, or a time where nearly half of your population dies from the black desth, many people having to bury their family members and seeing nothing but death, sadness and destruction you can certainly notice some times are better to live than others. This isn’t really “subjective”, perhaps on a case by case (person by person) level but we can globally or regionally definitely objectively compare and judge. For some groups the modern times or any other time is better or worse compared to some other time, etc.

I don’t think it helps humanity to be completely relativist about things. I’m glad there are people doing the right thing.. making a difference, coming up with solutions to problems. Things get better when people actively make it so, that’s what doctors, scientists do, that’s what societies favouring certain values do. Things aren’t the same everywhere nor are they equally good or beneficial..
Bad things happen in this world and in society when good people do nothing..

Fatalism, extreme relativism, solipsism.. these are of no use to humanity..

Why is it all about humanity though? What about the rest of the world? We are not the world, and what harms us may benefit another. How do you know otherwise? This isn't just fatalism, this is acknowledgment of our human limits.