Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-06-2019, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Again, so considerate of you - much appreciated – thank you!
Though I had seen that video before and had also posted it.
But Raja Choudhury’s expression: “to create the ground for consciousness” - seems so clear, like: “I know this, hey what could be simpler!”

There is this website I had been taking images from that ‘talk to me’ & now glancing through some parts - it talks quite a bit about Bindu:
https://perceivebelieve.tumblr.com/p...alchemy-qigong

So it got me thinking – except now I don’t know what to think ……..

It talks about the Kundalini Fire path and the Kulun Water path:

So I guess, I’ll be mulling over this for a bit and then do what I do best – and enter into ‘not knowing’ - letting the 'Universe' show me, if it will.

Or maybe Shivani with her Yoga (union) has the answer.

Would not know the answer to that.
I would imagine that a healer would see all kinds of ailments in people’s energy fields.
How utterly distressing would that be, if one is not a healer.

There are so many things I have wanted to post here over the past day or so, but didn't know where to start, so I just let it be..but this has now become like an itch that needs scratching.

First, there are two nerves which run alongside the central channel of Shushumna Nadi..viz: Pingala or the "fire element" and Ida or the "water element".

Both of these nadis intertwine and at the points at where they intersect, each of the major chakras are located.

Kundalini includes both paths, as the whole balance between these two and where one is dominant over the other, imbalances may occur in the Ayurvedic doshas...with pitta dosha being characteristic of the dominance of Agni or the fire element and kapha dosha being characteristic of the predominance of the water element.

As for Kashmir Shaivism...now, that is an alley where you will often find me walking..

I have studied Abhinavagupta's Tantraloka...after a member on here called Jonesboy introduced me to it...lemme see if I can find the quote which inspired it:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...19&postcount=1

From The Triadic Heart of Siva by Paul E Mulla-Ortega.

About energy flowing out the palms...

Once Kundalini reaches the Vishuddhi Chakra, there are two ways the energy can flow, and that is determined by the receptivity TO Shakti at that stage...either into the head, or across the shoulders, down the arms, into the hands and out through the palms.

This is amazing if you are an energy healer, but of you are not, becoming one is a good idea.

If that is impractical, it is always good to find a tree...they love it and will happily exchange excess Kundalini energy for a more grounding, Earth energy to bring your energies into a more balanced state, often redirecting it back down the spine, legs and out the soles of the feet instead.

Also, when meditating, it is awesome to do the REVERSE Gyan mudra (called the Chin Mudra) with the palms facing downward instead of upward (my preferred meditative stance).

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-di...and-Chin-Mudra

This directs the flow of energy downwards and back out, through the palms back to the earth.

It is also interesting to note that this is also the preferred mudra of Lord Shiva..."yeah, okay my darling Shakti... enough... ENOUGH!"
Old 20-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Master
Just by the by..

Here is a brilliant article on the Bindu Chakra that I found a few years back and I now include it in my reference material. Enjoy.
http://www.spiritsong.org/unit6-9.htm
Old 21-06-2019, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Just by the by..

Here is a brilliant article on the Bindu Chakra that I found a few years back and I now include it in my reference material. Enjoy.
Wow Shivani.
That article started giving me some serious chills.

Old 21-06-2019, 01:46 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Ego aspect of Energy called matter?
Ego matter becomes energy?

How?

Really not clear what you are saying there

Hello sentient,

Good we are starting to understand each other

I will simply answer by a quote:

"But the question remains as to why Energy takes this form of Matter and not that of simple currents of force, or why really Spirit admits it as the phenomenon of matter and does not remain at rest in the states, the desires and the joys of the spirit. (...) But obviously the incarnated individual mind is not the creator of the phenomenon of Matter."

Shrî Aurobindo, The Divine Life.

Enjoy!
Old 21-06-2019, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Just by the by..

Thanks and also for information in post 361

Old 21-06-2019, 03:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Thanks and also for information in post 361

You are very welcome, my dear.

All of this has been quite cathartic for me, finally getting to deeply share all of the Tantric stuff which has been inside me since birth. It is sorta like I am downloading the contents of my mind, before the whole "System Restore" which will possibly have me dancing around in Bhakti bliss going "Kundalini? Nope, never heard of it".
Old 21-06-2019, 06:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello sentient,

Good we are starting to understand each other

You reckon!?

Anyways – have a good day.

After the recent heavy rains
the heron’s legs have shortened.

(…..or something like that, can’t remember who had said it)

Old 21-06-2019, 06:42 AM
Master

Regarding the upward and downward flowing energies, I do experience this, but I guess I had trouble conceptualising it up to now. It is hard to describe, or even properly perceive, energetic processes going on in your body. Thank you all for your useful quotes and posts in that regard.

I guess it makes sense to refer to the upward flowing energy (Shakti) as fire and the Downward flowing one (Shiva or Heaven) as water. If you think about it, the popular imagery of both confirms these themes. Shiva has always been associated with water and Shakti with fire. It also makes sense that these energies meet, mix and merge in the heart, which is the central chakra. Hopefully, we'll manage to figure some of this out on this thread.
Old 21-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Regarding the upward and downward flowing energies, I do experience this, but I guess I had trouble conceptualising it up to now. It is hard to describe, or even properly perceive, energetic processes going on in your body. Thank you all for your useful quotes and posts in that regard.

I guess it makes sense to refer to the upward flowing energy (Shakti) as fire and the Downward flowing one (Shiva or Heaven) as water. If you think about it, the popular imagery of both confirms these themes. Shiva has always been associated with water and Shakti with fire. It also makes sense that these energies meet, mix and merge in the heart, which is the central chakra. Hopefully, we'll manage to figure some of this out on this thread.
I have started doing so, but I didn't really get into it because there has been a dense fog in my brain lately, causing me to not be able to think straight or put thoughts into words either...as much as I would like to..and this has been quite annoying...sort of like pulling teeth.

With the whole 'descent of the water element", this is popularised in Hindu mythology with Lord Shiva bearing the brunt of the river Ganges upon his head...and also, wearing the crescent moon (the cooling element) upon His head too.

The reason for my reluctance to post this, is that it is assumed that the masculine energies are associated with the sun, fire, heat, light etc, while the feminine energies are associated with the moon, water, coolness, dark etc...but in my experience, this is quite the opposite! It is the other way around!

According to the quote from Kashmir Shaivism which I posted in #361
it says exactly what you have just said...however, because some people miss these important links, I will post it in full here:

Thread: The Triadic Heart of Siva View Single Post
#1 Report Bad Post
Old 20-03-2017, 01:14 AM
Master
The Triadic Heart of Siva
From the book The Triadic Heart of Siva.

The Heart of Siva

The Heart, says Abhinavagupta, is the very Self of Siva, of Bhairava,

and of the Devi, the Goddess who is inseparable from Siva. Indeed,

the Heart is the site of their union (yamala), of their embrace (samghatta).

This abode is pure consciousness (caitanya) as well as unlimited bliss

(ananda). As consciousness the Heart is the unbounded, infinite light

(prakasa) as well as the freedom (svatantrya) and spontaneity (vimarsa)

of that light to appear in a multitude and variety of forms. The Heart,

says Abhinavagupta, is the sacred fire-pit of Bhairava.1

The Heart is the Ultimate (anuttara) which is both utterly transcendent

to (visvottirna) and yet totally immanent in (visvamaya) all created things.

It is the ultimate essence (sara). Thus, the Heart embodies the paradoxical

nature of Siva and is therefore a place of astonishment (camatkara), sheer

wonder (vismaya), and ineffable mystery. The Heart is the fullness and

unboundedness of Siva (purnatva), the plenum of being that overflows

continuously into manifestation. At the same time, it is also an inconceivable

emptiness (sunyatisunya).2 The Heart is the unbounded and

universal Self (purnahanta).

The Heart of Siva is not a static or inert absolute, however. In fact,

the non-dual Kashmir Shaiva tradition considers it to be in a state of

perpetual movement, a state of vibration (spanda)3 in which it is continuously

contracting and expanding (samkoca-vikasa), opening and closing

(unmesa-nimesa), trembling (ullasita), quivering (sphurita), throbbing,

waving, and sparkling (ucchalata). The intensity and speed of this move

ment is such that paradoxically it is simultaneously a perfect dynamic

stillness.4

The tradition states that the Heart is the enormous ocean (ambunidhi),

the ocean of light, the ocean of consciousness. The waters of consciousness

that in man are broken by countless polarizing and divisive waves (urmi)

may be easily brought to a state of dynamic stillness by the process of

immersion or absorption (samdvesa) in the Heart.

Sorry I have had to post everything that was on that page, but my mobile phone has lost the option of cutting and pasting selected, highlighted text, without just "selecting ALL" and I am beyond frustrated trying to "reason" with what my phone WANTS to do automatically, totally regardless of any input I personally make...I am over it and so, it will have to stay this way until I can afford to put more credit on my desktop wi-fi.

Mobile phones just are not designed for cutting and pasting, typing in a foreign language, inserting a .jpg image on this forum or looking at a page full of real estate pictures online without totally freezing up...and it is HERE where the Windows operating system has the distinct advantage over the Android one...my fault for thinking I could use a mobile phone in exactly the same way as a PC...over it!
Old 21-06-2019, 07:41 AM
Master

Smile

Quote:
I have started doing so, but I didn't really get into it because there has been a dense fog in my brain lately, causing me to not be able to think straight or put thoughts into words either...as much as I would like to..and this has been quite annoying...sort of like pulling teeth.

With the whole 'descent of the water element", this is popularised in Hindu mythology with Lord Shiva bearing the brunt of the river Ganges upon his head...and also, wearing the crescent moon (the cooling element) upon His head too.

The reason for my reluctance to post this, is that it is assumed that the masculine energies are associated with the sun, fire, heat, light etc, while the feminine energies are associated with the moon, water, coolness, dark etc...but in my experience, this is quite the opposite! It is the other way around!

According to the quote from Kashmir Shaivism which I posted in #361
it says exactly what you have just said...however, because some people miss these important links, I will post it in full here:

Thread: The Triadic Heart of Siva View Single Post
#1 Report Bad Post
Old 20-03-2017, 01:14 AM
Master
The Triadic Heart of Siva
From the book The Triadic Heart of Siva.

The Heart of Siva

The Heart, says Abhinavagupta, is the very Self of Siva, of Bhairava,

and of the Devi, the Goddess who is inseparable from Siva. Indeed,

the Heart is the site of their union (yamala), of their embrace (samghatta).

This abode is pure consciousness (caitanya) as well as unlimited bliss

(ananda). As consciousness the Heart is the unbounded, infinite light

(prakasa) as well as the freedom (svatantrya) and spontaneity (vimarsa)

of that light to appear in a multitude and variety of forms. The Heart,

says Abhinavagupta, is the sacred fire-pit of Bhairava.1

The Heart is the Ultimate (anuttara) which is both utterly transcendent

to (visvottirna) and yet totally immanent in (visvamaya) all created things.

It is the ultimate essence (sara). Thus, the Heart embodies the paradoxical

nature of Siva and is therefore a place of astonishment (camatkara), sheer

wonder (vismaya), and ineffable mystery. The Heart is the fullness and

unboundedness of Siva (purnatva), the plenum of being that overflows

continuously into manifestation. At the same time, it is also an inconceivable

emptiness (sunyatisunya).2 The Heart is the unbounded and

universal Self (purnahanta).

The Heart of Siva is not a static or inert absolute, however. In fact,

the non-dual Kashmir Shaiva tradition considers it to be in a state of

perpetual movement, a state of vibration (spanda)3 in which it is continuously

contracting and expanding (samkoca-vikasa), opening and closing

(unmesa-nimesa), trembling (ullasita), quivering (sphurita), throbbing,

waving, and sparkling (ucchalata). The intensity and speed of this move

ment is such that paradoxically it is simultaneously a perfect dynamic

stillness.4

The tradition states that the Heart is the enormous ocean (ambunidhi),

the ocean of light, the ocean of consciousness. The waters of consciousness

that in man are broken by countless polarizing and divisive waves (urmi)

may be easily brought to a state of dynamic stillness by the process of

immersion or absorption (samdvesa) in the Heart.

Sorry I have had to post everything that was on that page, but my mobile phone has lost the option of cutting and pasting selected, highlighted text, without just "selecting ALL" and I am beyond frustrated trying to "reason" with what my phone WANTS to do automatically, despite any input I personally make today...I am over it and so, it will have to stay this way until I can afford to put more credit on my desktop wi-fi.

Mobile phones just are not designed for cutting and pasting, typing in a foreign language, inserting a .jpg image on this forum or looking at a page full of real estate pictures online without totally freezing up...and it is HERE where the Windows operating system has the distinct advantage over the Android one...my fault for thinking I could use a mobile phone in exactly the same way as a PC...over it!

Yes, you are right about the flipping of the Lunar/Solar principles in the Shiva/Shakti duality. It's just a guess, but maybe Shiva is Lunar/Watery/Cool, but his energy, which is Shakti, is Solar/Fiery/Hot.

Perhaps at this level, male and female make no sense any more and are actually flipped. Shakti might very well be the more masculine energy (it is Shiva's creative power after all) and Shiva the more passive, feminine one.

This is also symbolised by Shakti standing over and dancing on Shiva's body. Perhaps they enjoy a bit of Sexual Roleplay, who knows

:)