Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Master
Until you have truly Awakened, you cannot answer that question.
Old 17-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Master

Time ain't tomorrow, today, or yesterday. Wakati works in strange ways. (I call time Wakati) it's not that it's a living in the now, it's the living in all moments simultaneously. It's knowing we can change any moment, we can influence and have complete control over our lives.
And as for being in a no minded state.. it's more of being in an all peaceful state, which, at first, some may flip flop out of. You don't stop caring, you just don't allow your emotions to rule and take control of the situation better. As time goes on, many see the advantages of this and continue practicing it, bc it helps them. Having clear minds when approaching new and different situations is good for you, and allows you to get the most out of your experience, you take in and hold the most, and aren't overwhelmed..

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 17-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Dr.Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I'll know when I arrive there..... how it truly feels.
Except I won't be there!

Than again maybe I've experienced it somewhat...
and it just remains truly ineffable.

cool discussion

Ah, yes...

the old "if you travel to infinity your ego won't survive intact"

Nonsense if you ask me.

There is no escaping the great "I".

As Xan said there are various side-effects of spiritual practices and "gurus" will try to explain how they feel but I think people are taking it all too literally.
Old 17-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Dr.Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
I'd consider sitting down with your ego for a little chat :) either that or talk to your mind (not your brain) and it will tell you how it is. Or you can channel one of the many plants, spirits, creatures, or animals around you. They know it too.

I consulted my higher self a few nights ago about the whole enlightenment/where am I going thing and the response was basically to just keep going, keep living and simply enjoy the mystery.

I wasn't given any concrete answers.
Old 17-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Neville

My Bad Dr.Truth

Quote:
I don't think number 3 is possible. How can one realistically go through life without seeking to make things better?

I took you to have meant the end of seeking enlightenment.
Old 17-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Dr.Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
It may be more efficient to take an attitude of "I don't know."

Maybe it's not a permanent state of "nice feeling" or "bliss." Personally, I think it's a disservice to promote it that way-- it only encourages forever seeking. Maybe you've touched it already, but you didn't recognize it because you thought and assumed it would feel a certain way?

The joke is we're all enlightened. That's why there's never been anything to seek or to find. You have already achieved permanent enlightenment. We all have.

Hi SerpentQueen, I like your style!...

Quote:
It may be more efficient to take an attitude of "I don't know."

Well yeah, in a sense thats what I've done. I've just cast away all these expectations and all these ideas that I used to have about "enlightenment".

Quote:
Maybe it's not a permanent state of "nice feeling" or "bliss." Personally, I think it's a disservice to promote it that way-- it only encourages forever seeking. Maybe you've touched it already, but you didn't recognize it because you thought and assumed it would feel a certain way?

Good point.

Quote:
The joke is we're all enlightened. That's why there's never been anything to seek or to find. You have already achieved permanent enlightenment. We all have.

Wise words my friend. Wise words.
Old 17-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

As opposed, presumably to have been falsely awakened , when the answer to the question may be as false...presumably.... I get a bit suspicious about awakened people...well we only really have their say so don't we. Unless of course we can recognise it through being awakened one self and know what the signs are.. But then again how can we know if we really are truly awakened. after all our individual perspectives are plainly limited to the eyes ears , mind and some might try and kid heart... Knowing something in your heart ..A very odd expression...I digress.

I have a nagging suspicion that even when my Alarm Clock goes off that I am not truly awake because the conscious world I experience is only a proportion of my existence at this time.

Before going on much further, I really must apologize in advance if you got your succinct and almost throw away response from the back af a cereal pack or in some book somewhere..and thought it merely an apt qoutation for this thread.

I do think it fair to say that whatever we know or think we know, we are always going to be limited to the borders of the minds furthest reach or whatever Xans word for Mind is

We will be allright though, because it's playing out according to natures and creations grand, rich , and mysterious pageant. Which dictates that wherever in this life that you find yourself, there you'll be..

Geez, I ought to go on Master Mind, I can see it now..

Name ....Neville

Subject......The Bleedin Obvious

I'll get me Coat, No need to show me out , I know where the door is .
Old 17-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

I don't think that if you are enlightened, you are even concerned about questions, however and you know it already my friend, this is a concept, but Psychoman, questions and concepts are still quite lovely playgrounds. Doesn't mean you have to allow them to trouble you, or even that you have to entertain them, but more so that you are free to use them or not at your whimsical desires. Ain't it all laid out so perfectly?
Old 17-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
As opposed, presumably to have been falsely awakened , when the answer to the question may be as false...presumably.... I get a bit suspicious about awakened people...well we only really have their say so don't we. Unless of course we can recognise it through being awakened one self and know what the signs are.. But then again how can we know if we really are truly awakened. after all our individual perspectives are plainly limited to the eyes ears , mind and some might try and kid heart... Knowing something in your heart ..A very odd expression...I digress.

I have a nagging suspicion that even when my Alarm Clock goes off that I am not truly awake because the conscious world I experience is only a proportion of my existence at this time.

Before going on much further, I really must apologize in advance if you got your succinct and almost throw away response from the back af a cereal pack or in some book somewhere..and thought it merely an apt qoutation for this thread.

I do think it fair to say that whatever we know or think we know, we are always going to be limited to the borders of the minds furthest reach or whatever Xans word for Mind is

We will be allright though, because it's playing out according to natures and creations grand, rich , and mysterious pageant. Which dictates that wherever in this life that you find yourself, there you'll be..

Geez, I ought to go on Master Mind, I can see it now..

Name ....Neville

Subject......The Bleedin Obvious

I'll get me Coat, No need to show me out , I know where the door is .
Yes, but again this will only be truly known when one is coming from the Source of their Being, all else is in duality.
Old 17-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
I don't think that if you are enlightened, you are even concerned about questions, however and you know it already my friend, this is a concept, but Psychoman, questions and concepts are still quite lovely playgrounds. Doesn't mean you have to allow them to trouble you, or even that you have to entertain them, but more so that you are free to use them or not at your whimsical desires. Ain't it all laid out so perfectly?
Yes that is true, all i am doing is playing your game with you, i do like playing games also.