Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 24-05-2020, 02:10 AM
ketzer ketzer is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,938
  ketzer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I appreciate your reply.
I appreciate your reply of appreciation of my reply.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 24-05-2020, 02:18 AM
ketzer ketzer is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,938
  ketzer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
They censure information, and distribute misinformation.
Yes, they would argue that the are trying to censure misinformation while distributing information, but that is a matter of perspective and perhaps a discussion for a different thread...would be an interesting one though.

Anyway, I still don't see how Google and Facebook's censuring and filtering activities would prevent a university from adding something to its required curriculum.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 28-05-2020, 08:12 AM
OPVerma OPVerma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 405
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Do you have any statistics on the percentages of vegetarians and vegans that have gotten this virus vs the meat eaters?

A lot of universities do include spiritual science classes.

Do you think that your post indicates that you are also experiencing some pride and prejudice relating to people who have different views than yours?


Better You should check on TV . They report Death toll of each country every hour. In India where the population is mostly veg, has Corona toll probably just about 2000 whereas in America and Europe the figure is above 100000 despite less population.

Harvard University has Department of Divinity that does not teach about 'Nature's Bio-Laws' . Prof Diana LaK ? is following century old syllabus.

What matters is not our personal views, but Nature's View. Nature crushes our personal views if it is different than its own.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 28-05-2020, 08:16 AM
OPVerma OPVerma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 405
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I guess the OP suggests that it should be mandatory for every student. That would be a stretch.

Anyway, google & facebook wouldn't allow it.

Yes, Knowing the rules of the game of life is the first and foremost lesson we must learn, otherwise we would play foul and suffer.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 28-05-2020, 08:33 AM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,982
  Altair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
Better You should check on TV . They report Death toll of each country every hour. In India where the population is mostly veg, has Corona toll probably just about 2000 whereas in America and Europe the figure is above 100000 despite less population.

Some countries have better means to keep track on figures than others. India is also not exactly a paradise of health care.

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...1901421_1.html

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/india/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_India

I suppose poorer countries, such as many African ones, do even better because they don't have as many officially recognized cases??

You are using incomplete data for your own Hindutva belief.

Last edited by Altair : 28-05-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 28-05-2020, 08:43 AM
OPVerma OPVerma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 405
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Sadly people may use this coronavirus as an opportunity to find support for their own beliefs. As great as it would be if the global population ate less meat ((because of space required)), there is no support that meat eating or no meat eating makes one more or less susceptible to this disease. Of course OPVerma's posts are clearly Hindutva and also of a Vaishnavist nature.

I would take the stuff from Hindutva perspectives with a grain of salt. Behind the pride and prejudices against anything that isn't India/Hinduism(particularly Vaishnavist) there's something else ((ideological)) going on ((he particularly targets Europeans and Americans)). OPVerma calls his posts ''science'' yet he never proves anything. Apparently he also has NASA change their views. I think he's just trying to make people buy his books.

Of course OPVerma's posts are clearly Hindutva and also of a Vaishnavist nature.

You are right . I am NO violence Fanatic Hindu and Jesus is my hero.

Regarding Targeting America and Europe I must tell that we all are grateful to these countries for bringing the level of civilization and comfort to such a high level that they were never been before. I get enchanted with their discoveries and inventions, arts, science and music, beautiful and clean cities, universities and all.

However, animal violence and free sex are the two major elements that I am concerned about. They threaten the future of this civilization that is going to be washed out by the 5th stroke of Ice Age soon. The study of 'Spiritual Science' in Universities would please Nature to become protective and show them the right path.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 28-05-2020, 11:09 AM
OPVerma OPVerma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 405
 
The COMMENDEMENTS 9 & 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Some countries have better means to keep track on figures than others. India is also not exactly a paradise of health care.

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...1901421_1.html

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/india/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_India

I suppose poorer countries, such as many African ones, do even better because they don't have as many officially recognized cases??

You are using incomplete data for your own Hindutva belief.


Despite poor health care facilities in India the Corona death rates are definitely far less than the US and Europe because of the higher animal violence there. What would you say to the following Commandments :

“Thou shalt not kill.” ...
“Thou shalt not commit adultery.”

Do they impose Hinduttwa?

They are Nature's Laws, violation of which result in severe penalty. People all over the world have been ignoring these laws due to lack of scientific understanding. The 'Spiritual Science' Course would give this understanding and would convince people that no one can escape by violating the Nature's Bio-Laws and would compel them to follow and by doing so they can live in peace and prosperity.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 28-05-2020, 03:16 PM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,731
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Vitamin D is actually a hormone and active in all sorts of immune response biochemistry. My wife is in the medical field and has an autoimmune disease and has reviewed many different studies about the role of Vitamin D in immune system regulation. There are apparently a number of studies linking adequate Vitamin D levels to better outcomes and reduced mortality in Covid-19 cases, that said, I have not looked them up myself. I don't know just how much we can get from eating meat though, I also supplement (only one I take actually). Vitamin D deficiency appears to be a unintended consequence of going from the fields to the factories and office buildings. That, and perhaps a side effect of sun screens as well.

See, you can't hide from ma nature, she will get ya back in the ground one way or another.

The amount of Vitamin D obtained from animal products isn't very high, but in general that family of consumables is the best dietary source. Of course Sun exposure is the best source.

As for the studies, there are several out there indicating a blood serum level above 30 ng/mL results in a ten fold increase of a better outcome (avoidance of pneumonia and ARDS) than one under 20 ng/mL.

Here's one video talking about one of the studies. https://youtu.be/aXw3XqwSZFo
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 28-05-2020, 04:34 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 5,669
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
What would you say to the following Commandments :

“Thou shalt not kill.” ...
“Thou shalt not commit adultery.”

Do they impose Hinduttwa?

They are Nature's Laws, violation of which result in severe penalty. People all over the world have been ignoring these laws due to lack of scientific understanding. The 'Spiritual Science' Course would give this understanding and would convince people that no one can escape by violating the Nature's Bio-Laws and would compel them to follow and by doing so they can live in peace and prosperity.

Have you studied those two laws?

Do you really know what they mean?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 28-05-2020, 05:28 PM
ketzer ketzer is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,938
  ketzer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The amount of Vitamin D obtained from animal products isn't very high, but in general that family of consumables is the best dietary source. Of course Sun exposure is the best source.

As for the studies, there are several out there indicating a blood serum level above 30 ng/mL results in a ten fold increase of a better outcome (avoidance of pneumonia and ARDS) than one under 20 ng/mL.

Here's one video talking about one of the studies. https://youtu.be/aXw3XqwSZFo
I know that guy.
Thanks, Medcram has a bunch out there as well, in fact youtube has lots of this sort of stuff. Plenty to convince me to keep up the supplements.

Well, even if the book of Ecclesiastes says there is nothing new under the sun, this is still a good reason to spend some time there. Kind of poetic, shun your time under the sun and you end up harming the body and maybe even shortening your life. Coincidence?
IDK, for those who think there is nothing new under the sun, I suppose they might not want to stay under the sun as long and hence, they don't.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums