Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 29-03-2020, 03:59 PM
Jyotir Jyotir is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,846
 

Life, the Creation, the Cosmic physical has been described within various traditions as:
"a game (hide-and seek*)"* with God,
"a play (Lila)", and
"a dream (of God)"

Of course this is may imply that Source is really the game and that we are inescapably within it, the game, play, or dream in various evolving roles ultimately leading to the conscious experience that we are Source ourselves.

jmo fwiw

~ J
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 29-03-2020, 06:28 PM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,891
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I think it's stay in student mode that Lomax says. I think it's good advice.

Well there is no harm in being self assured within ones own experience, I certainly have made sense of the basics in regards to my realisations and experiences had .

Some make a point in that they don't know anything as they evolve for use of a better word but in a way this for some is like an elevated platform of beyond knowing lol ..

So it becomes a knowing beyond knowing which doesn't make a lot of sense because they still navigate through life just the same as if they admitted to knowing what they know


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 29-03-2020, 08:34 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 3,494
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Life, the Creation, the Cosmic physical has been described within various traditions as:
"a game (hide-and seek*)"* with God,
"a play (Lila)", and
"a dream (of God)"

Of course this is may imply that Source is really the game and that we are inescapably within it, the game, play, or dream in various evolving roles ultimately leading to the conscious experience that we are Source ourselves.

jmo fwiw

~ J


Except for the conflation (IMO) that may and often does result from peeps simplistically believing "that we are Source ourselves" instead of more appropriately/accurately (IMO) thinking. fee;ing and nbelieing that we are "extensions of or additions to Source". The 'swimming drop' is not the Flow of Life, IOW. What's more, as I have been attempting to make comprehensible as a logical proposition, depending on choices made and not made, aspects of said 'we' may and many do 'go down the drain' and 'vanish', i.e. become 'nothingness', such that they are no longer part of said Source.

I think those who aim to emotionally 'detach', and so 'retreat', from whole-hearted relational engagement with others and Life on earth are 'head'ed in the direction of such 'destiny' - hence my caveats in relation to any and all 'teachings' which may be interpreted in ways which 'justify' and 'advocate' that ('that' being less than whole-mind-n-heart'ed - i.e "with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength" (Mark 12:30) - embrace of and co-relational engagement with Life in one's here and now (here, 'in' and fome the 'base' of one's body, not just in some other-than-here-and-now-worldly realm or hereafter).

I think teachings such as "The highest teaching in the world is silence. There is nothing higher than this. A devotee who sits with a sage purifies his mind just by being with the sage. The mind automatically becomes purified. No words exchanged, no words said. Silence is the ultimate reality. Everything exists in this world through silence. True silence really means going deep within yourself to that place where nothing is happening, where you transcend time and space. You go into a brand new dimension of nothingness. Thatís where all the power is. Thatís your real home. Thatís where you really belong, in deep silence where there is no good and bad, no one trying to achieve anything. Just being, pure being." (which you repeatedly endorse) therefore merit being repeatedly 'warned' against therefore.
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 29-03-2020, 10:35 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 1,927
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
"The highest teaching in the world is silence. There is nothing higher than this. A devotee who sits with a sage purifies his mind just by being with the sage. The mind automatically becomes purified. No words exchanged, no words said. Silence is the ultimate reality. Everything exists in this world through silence. True silence really means going deep within yourself to that place where nothing is happening, where you transcend time and space. You go into a brand new dimension of nothingness. Thatís where all the power is. Thatís your real home. Thatís where you really belong, in deep silence where there is no good and bad, no one trying to achieve anything. Just being, pure being."

Thank you, David. An excellent summary.

Peace
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 30-03-2020, 09:45 AM
JosephineB JosephineB is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 3,402
  JosephineB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Well there is no harm in being self assured within ones own experience, I certainly have made sense of the basics in regards to my realisations and experiences had .

Some make a point in that they don't know anything as they evolve for use of a better word but in a way this for some is like an elevated platform of beyond knowing lol ..

So it becomes a knowing beyond knowing which doesn't make a lot of sense because they still navigate through life just the same as if they admitted to knowing what they know


x daz x

I take student mode to mean staying open to learning. I don't think it means they know nothing. Just not closed off to possibilities.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 30-03-2020, 02:12 PM
Jyotir Jyotir is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,846
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

"The highest teaching in the world is silence. There is nothing higher than this. A devotee who sits with a sage purifies his mind just by being with the sage. The mind automatically becomes purified. No words exchanged, no words said. Silence is the ultimate reality. Everything exists in this world through silence. True silence really means going deep within yourself to that place where nothing is happening, where you transcend time and space. You go into a brand new dimension of nothingness. That’s where all the power is. That’s your real home. That’s where you really belong, in deep silence where there is no good and bad, no one trying to achieve anything. Just being, pure being."

I have to say that I do agree with and endorse this particular excerpt from your treatise...a profound utterance... in both the content as having merit; inspiring and useful for spiritual seekers, which clearly communicates and is absent the usual problematic stylistic sputtering, choking, and gasping that often makes so much of it hard to read. This passage is inspiring.
Thank you davidsun.

~ J
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 30-03-2020, 10:21 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 3,494
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Thank you, David. An excellent summary.

Peace
Tongue in cheek - because you subscribe and embrace what I am criticizing and being miss-leading and so 'warning' against, I assume (because you actually don't 'come out' and say that you are 'razzing' what I said).

Your 'Peace' shtick is 'phony', IMO. 'Thank you' for the stimulus - in return.
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 30-03-2020, 10:34 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 3,494
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

I have to say that I do agree with and endorse this particular excerpt from your treatise...a profound utterance... in both the content as having merit; inspiring and useful for spiritual seekers, which clearly communicates and is absent the usual problematic stylistic sputtering, choking, and gasping that often makes so much of it hard to read. This passage is inspiring.
Thank you davidsun.

~ J
'Simplicity' can be very seductive, spiritually speaking - watch out!

Ditto my 'thank you' to iamthat, J.

I reiterate my care-full deconstruction of the quotes text presented by way of this post: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=962

The audience here is thereby 'given' a clearly alternative evaluation to contemplatively consider.

'Truth-Service' is thereby 'done'.

P.S. I completely accept your 'criticism' of and expression of 'distaste 'for the style of my verbal expression. It certainly doesn't suit everyone tastes! I invite you to responsively relate to the content of my above-referenced deconstruction (and associated reconstruction) If should care to engage in rendering further 'Truth-Service' to the audience here in said quoted text's regard (other than simply proclaiming its simplicity to be criterion which establishes its 'Truth-Value', that is.) Are you willing and able to deal with the 'message' (as I did in my deconstruction) instead of just rejecting it by impugning the messenger's style?
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 30-03-2020, 11:29 PM
davidsun davidsun is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Arizona, U.S.A
Posts: 3,494
  davidsun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
'Simplicity' can be very seductive, spiritually speaking - watch out!
Let me provide readers with some statements (both by Jesus) which illustrate what I mean by simple versus complex (hence more comprehensive) declarations pertaining to the dynamic of what is essentially the same 'Truth':

Example of Simple: "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?" (Matthew 7)

Example of Complex: "For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25)
__________________
David
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-04-2020, 07:08 PM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,891
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I take student mode to mean staying open to learning. I don't think it means they know nothing. Just not closed off to possibilities.


I think that being open to learning is a wise reflection to have ..

I said what I said however because there is spiritual platform for some to attain that is beyond knowing and learning and this is for floating guru types .


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums