Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 09-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Pathfinder

Sigil Magic?

(I know that this sounds like something belonging to the Wicca section, but I decided to post it here because I find that it sounds like a form of affirmation. ;) )

Has anyone here had experience with sigil magic before? I'd like to know if it's effective or not, or if the results were too ambiguous for you.

For those who haven't heard of it, it's basically done by writing your wish on a piece of paper, crossing out repeating letters and creating an abstract image out of the remaining letters. Then, you memorize and meditate on the picture. The last step is to forget the image. This is to let it become one with the subconscious mind, so that it may bring about the result.
Well, that's what I got from reading about sigil magic online.
For more details you can check out some of these links (I can't post links yet, so cancel the spaces if you want to look at them):
http: // www .boudicca. de / max9-e . htm
http: // RowanLewgalon . deviantart . com / journal / Sigil-Magic-214169616

Maybe you'd like to try it out and post your experience here, hehe.

Last edited by qwerty : 09-06-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: -
Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Knower

Hey qwerty, I don't really have any experience in this area, so I can't say for sure how effective it is, why don't you try it out let us know how it turns out?
Old 09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Pathfinder

I've tried it once - as a fun experiment - but I thought it was a little ambiguous :p
I asked to see a real cat of a specific colour. And on that day itself I did see one, but it was in a picture, lol... Perhaps some people might say that it worked in this case. But I saw it as just a co-indence... I have plenty of questions about the law of attraction itself.

Then again, once is probably not enough, so maybe I should try it more often - Besides, drawing sigils is fun (although you're supposed to forget the image or burn it to perform sigil magic), and that's what interested me in the first place D
Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Master

I love your name qwerty :) -sry that was was a bit random
but I have done this, didn't know it had a name though. We did it in class when I was younger. Everything has come true for me, how it came about though is not always how we expect. I wanted to be able to take care of and heal animals when I was older, and that was one of my wishes. Now I have healing and can give to whoever needs it, I am able to spread it to all. I was surroundsd by animals up till I got on my path, then wildlife and everything else came to me and my pets began to dissapear (not in death but I can no longer see them anymore due to certain things.) And now, I know I am following my path and making my wish come true, and many other wishes :)

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 09-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
I love your name qwerty :) -sry that was was a bit random
but I have done this, didn't know it had a name though. We did it in class when I was younger. Everything has come true for me, how it came about though is not always how we expect. I wanted to be able to take care of and heal animals when I was older, and that was one of my wishes. Now I have healing and can give to whoever needs it, I am able to spread it to all. I was surroundsd by animals up till I got on my path, then wildlife and everything else came to me and my pets began to dissapear (not in death but I can no longer see them anymore due to certain things.) And now, I know I am following my path and making my wish come true, and many other wishes :)

Don't worry; I approve of your randomness
Wow, what kind of class was it? Just curious, hehe. And that's really wonderful, what you're doing! I wish you all the best for your chosen path
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 PM
NekoTheCat

this type of magic works. well, it did for me in the past
its more like manifestation magic, but the affirmation magic term can also work.
i think one has to be really specific in this type of ritual: like you said "i want to see a complete orange cat, passing the street across, by 8pm"
now if you were to analyze this situation, you actually manifest the said cat, by the mentioned time.. but if you leave out*passing the street across" you might see the picture of the cat, or you will see it in the tree, or at some window - the result will be ambiguous because the request is not very specific either.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoTheCat
this type of magic works. well, it did for me in the past
its more like manifestation magic, but the affirmation magic term can also work.
i think one has to be really specific in this type of ritual: like you said "i want to see a complete orange cat, passing the street across, by 8pm"
now if you were to analyze this situation, you actually manifest the said cat, by the mentioned time.. but if you leave out*passing the street across" you might see the picture of the cat, or you will see it in the tree, or at some window - the result will be ambiguous because the request is not very specific either.

Interesting!
But I have questions... Do you still have to take into consideration the probability of that certain event happening, if you're going to be that specific? How realistic should one be? Say, I want to see an orange cat... But where I'm living there are no orange cats to begin with. And then I specify that the cat will walk into my living room at 8pm... But my house is all closed and locked up. Will such an event occur anyway? Or are there exceptions that should be noted in performing the ritual and manifesting its results?
Sorry if it sounded like I was thinking too much, lol... But I'm curious :p Anyway, it's cool to hear that it worked for you before!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 PM
NekoTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Interesting!
But I have questions... Do you still have to take into consideration the probability of that certain event happening, if you're going to be that specific? How realistic should one be? Say, I want to see an orange cat... But where I'm living there are no orange cats to begin with. And then I specify that the cat will walk into my living room at 8pm... But my house is all closed and locked up. Will such an event occur anyway? Or are there exceptions that should be noted in performing the ritual and manifesting its results?
Sorry if it sounded like I was thinking too much, lol... But I'm curious :p Anyway, it's cool to hear that it worked for you before!

hm, i didnt think of all that. i think it might still work - maybe there arent any orange cats in your area, that you know of. if you have a house and if you have a fire place it could fall in by the chimney ;)
i thing that if a spell works, it will work in unexpected ways. but after you cast the spell you definitely cant think about it anymore. AT ALL. you must forget about it completely.
i also don't recommend messing with the universe trying something out just to see if it works, because there is a saying that goes "you make plans and God laughs" - so, try it out when you truly need something.
when you make your sigil, concentrate on the thing you want to accomplish.
never use words like "i want, i wish for" instead use words like "i got" "i received" "i saw"...

ps..as i was typing the thing with the cat falling through th chimney i was thinking that what if something falls in my house? and then the rail of my thoughts changed to something else..next minute about 3 boxes fell from atop of a closet..my flatmate said the cats did it, bu they were both next to me..
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Interesting!

Very interesting topic qwerty ! Maybe I should finish reading before I reply to this ...but what if a friend stops by at say 8pm and brings you a gift with an orange cat on it ? Would that count ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Master
i've made 2 sigils to date and both have happened as i wished, whether they would have done anyway is difficult to say of course. i also mixed it with feng shui which teaches that certain parts of the living space relate to different aspects of one's life, i.e. finances, children, health etc etc and so i placed the sigils in the corresponding position that best fitted the aspect of ihtent of the sigil.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."