Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Just a few questions

Just a few questions
Everyone yearns to receive ADCs from their deceased loved ones, and as you will note from another post I wrote, my partner of 41 years passed in January 2017, so I am waiting for communications to find comfort in my grief. Over the long and lonely weeks since then, I have thought a lot about the afterlife and these questions came to mind:-
1. Are there rules about the types of ADCs the deceased can perform?
2. I am aware that because their vibrations are different to ours, we cannot see them rather like when the blades of an electric fan are spinning. Yet some spirits are seen, so why are there not more apparitions, and why do some speak and others don’t?
3. I believe that spirits can communicate using telephone calls and text messages. As it should be easier for spirits to communicate using devices like these, why are they so rare in this technological era, and have any of you ever experienced them?
4. Do you think our loved ones miss us?
I have numerous more questions, but this is enough for now, and many thanks to all of you who will reply.
Old 25-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Master

Many people get what is known as a dream visitation . I got one from a girl friend many years ago . As we all go out of body during deep sleep , but dont remember or remember as a dream , I think we are meeting up with that person on the astral plane . I think there just saying good by , or letting living people know that a soul really does live on . I think some people feel its unnessary to let still living people know and just get on with there after life .
Old 25-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Master
What spirits choose to do is different like what human beings choose to do. There is no uniform set of rules that will dictate how spirit A will behave himself. Spirits are with us at the speed of our thoughts, as soon as we think about them they are there, we may not feel them. Dreams are the best place to meet them also.
Old 28-04-2017, 02:06 AM
Ascender

Yes, dreams is probably the most common communication form. My grandma died last month in March and as soon as my mom told me I knew that my grandma would show up in my dream. It took 3 days and then she showed up in my dream and I know it was really her communicating. In the dream, we were looking at a menu and trying to figure out which food we wanted to order and we were looking at the options and talking about them. I didn't dream of her since, but that is ok, it's not like I'm expecting to.
Old 28-04-2017, 06:02 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marymartina
Just a few questions
Everyone yearns to receive ADCs from their deceased loved ones, and as you will note from another post I wrote, my partner of 41 years passed in January 2017, so I am waiting for communications to find comfort in my grief. Over the long and lonely weeks since then, I have thought a lot about the afterlife and these questions came to mind:-
1. Are there rules about the types of ADCs the deceased can perform?
2. I am aware that because their vibrations are different to ours, we cannot see them rather like when the blades of an electric fan are spinning. Yet some spirits are seen, so why are there not more apparitions, and why do some speak and others don’t?
3. I believe that spirits can communicate using telephone calls and text messages. As it should be easier for spirits to communicate using devices like these, why are they so rare in this technological era, and have any of you ever experienced them?
4. Do you think our loved ones miss us?
I have numerous more questions, but this is enough for now, and many thanks to all of you who will reply.

Hello Marymartina,

I think I posted on another of your threads about the loss of your partner,its a very sad thing the grieving process but it is necessary for your own peace of mind and to de stress your body and mind.
I visited my best mate when he died,it was the day of the funeral,you can read it in my thread which I think is called "my visit to purgatory inJuly 1993",maybe it will help but you can only try!

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 29-04-2017, 04:39 PM
Suspended
Why are you trying to bother someone who has passed on and may or may not remember your face? Do you think that your current existence is so memorable to them that when they return to the other side they retain an inkling of memory that isn't meshed with their soul from the other side? Sure you may meet as acquaintances back 'home' but don't say I didn't warn you if it's more platonic in nature like meeting a friend. And don't be miffed if they are somehow in a form that you don't like or find longing towards.

Also, how do you REALLY know you're getting who you're getting? What if it's just some spirit that knows they can act the part of your lover and get a nice, nutritious energetic snack? Are you really so inclined as to believe that the afterlife is somehow nice or kind? Well, some parts may be nice to your 'true' self when you cross over but kind maybe not. I know if I went 'home' in this body I'd surely be feeling it in the morning...
Old 29-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Master

Sometimes when someone crosses over they go into a deep hibernation if that previous life was a hard one. The hibernation is done in a hospital type setting, often times, with caring souls taking care of them. It gives them time to heal. This can last a few days or months.

Yes, my mother in law left a message on a telephone answering machine to her son. I was shocked, to be truthful, because when she died she went kicking and screaming (not literally, figuratively). I wouldn't have thought she had the know-how to contact him on this side. In the message, it was her voice and she told him she was fine.

Many relate there are "mediums" on the other side that offer their services in contacting those whom they left behind. They can lower their vibration enough for those here incarnate can communicate with them (the medium) and the medium can then transfer the information on to those in your position.

I don't ascribe to the thought that our loved ones don't care a dittle about us when they cross over. On the contrary, I've read countless accounts of those who have passed on who were deeply concerned about those they left behind.

There are many reasons why your partner has not contacted you. The best you can do is not obsess about it. Go on and live you life. Rest assured he or she is fine and doing well. There are a myriad of reasons why they have not contacted you and none to do with not caring about you.

If you absolutely feel you need to contact them you might seek out a spiritual guide aka a medium (on this side).
Old 30-04-2017, 04:10 AM
Knower

I experienced an ADC three days after my best friend died in December 2000. I was sitting at my desk in front of a window, alternately paying bills and staring out at the rain. I was just exhausted and wrung-out with grief, and just wanted to go crawl back in bed.

Then--for lack of better words, as I can't adequately describe it--I became aware of his presence, as if he was standing behind me, but at the same time filling the room. And then he (for lack of a better description) leaned over and "embraced" me--I was just wrapped in this energy that I recognized as essentially him, but all the accumulated heavy, negative, earth-bound stuff was gone. In that moment, I understood that once he'd changed state, all of that stuff had simply fallen away because it belonged to the limited perceptions of the body, and not the soul. And since he now had the soul's perspective, he had a higher perspective on his entire life, and our experiences together, and if there had been any unfinished business here between us, it was all forgiven because he had a higher understanding of it all.

I also received the words, "I love you; it's okay." I didn't so much hear them as feel them pressed upon me. And then it was over. It took no more than 30 seconds, start to finish, but completely and fundamentally changed my view of reality.

I wasn't expecting that experience; there was nothing in my life before it that would have led me to believe it was even possible. Occasionally I've tried to deny it, and come up with logical reasons why my brain was playing tricks on me, but each time I get this intense feeling of resistance, and sometimes feel the word "NO" being pressed upon me. I can't escape the truth that this event actually happened, or talk myself out of it. And it's changed my life in some deep, profound ways, without my even trying to make that happen.

Now, all of that said--after it happened, I expected to have similar experiences in the future. When my grandfather died, then my grandmother, then my father--these were cornerstone relationships in my life; certainly they'd make contact, especially since I was now open to it?

Nope. It's been 15 years since my grandfather died, seven since my grandmother went, and my father's been gone for four years, and I haven't heard so much as a peep out of them. Same with other friends who have passed. The only being who has come through--and it was over a year after his death, and totally unexpected--was one of my cats, who came through to tell me I was a "good human" when I was having a period of intense heartbreak and guilt.

So why didn't these people I was so close to (or, in the case of my father, who I had a difficult relationship with) come through? Probably because I didn't need them to.

And why did my friend come through so intensely? As the years go by, I've come to believe that it was part of our soul contract together. He was going to pull aside a corner of the Veil and give me a fleeting glimpse of what was on the other side--because I needed it. Not to feel better (even though I did), but to give me a perspective on life, death, transience/permanence, and existence that I was going to need in order to carry out my own goals for this lifetime.

There are so many things I wouldn't be doing now if I didn't have the perspective I do. Not being afraid of death, not seeing it as an evil to be avoided, beginning to understand the soul and its purpose here, and having the ability to handle loss and grief from that perspective have changed everything. And I'm sure that in the future, as I keep developing an even deeper understanding of what I experienced, there will be some other work for me to do here, that will present itself when I'm ready for it.

So maybe the reason you're not receiving any kind of communication from your late partner is because it's not in the cards for you. It's not part of your soul's contract. Maybe there's an intentional lack of communication because there's something to be learned by not getting it. What that might be, I couldn't tell you--and you'll only know what it is after you've learned it.

And I know that isn't very uplifting and encouraging, and probably isn't helpful to you right now. I'm sorry; not every piece of insight or advice I have to offer is going to be what people want to hear. But by waiting, and waiting, and waiting for that communication so you can find comfort, and needing it to happen, you're keeping yourself trapped in your grief, and that's not helping you.

And I'm not saying "get over it," or "move on." My best friend, who died and paid me a visit? To this day, almost 17 years later, I wish I could just call him up for one of our marathon phone conversations, or hang out and drink coffee with him, or go on a road trip together. I've never stopped missing his presence here on earth, not for a single day. I'd even love to have another fight with him, where we both have to get over ourselves and make up! So I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a partner after 41 years, and the life you two created together.

But waiting for them to finally come through--how long are you going to wait? What are you going to do if that contact never comes?

What would you need to do for yourself to start building a life on your own, in which the gaping dark hole of absence gradually moves away from the center, and out toward the periphery of your daily experience? Because there will never cease being a hole. Even if the loved one show up in a miraculous vision and tells you it's all wonderful, the hole will still be there. And that's okay--you can't possibly fill the hole, and you don't have to. You can go to the end of your life saying, "Yes, there's a hole, and it's a big one, and it's never got any smaller." But taking up permanent residence in the hole won't make it any smaller, or the edges less jagged, or ease your pain at its existence. And it won't bring your beloved back.

If your partner could see you--waiting, waiting, still waiting--and for whatever reason they knew they couldn't contact you to give you relief, what do you think they would want to tell you? Would they want to see you like this--or would they want you to do something else? What might that be? Could you do that? If not for yourself, could you do it for them?

As a parting note, I have no idea if or when you will ever receive an ADC from your partner. I can't claim to know why some people get them and others don't (even though I think I know why I got mine, I can't speak for anyone else). It could still happen. But I think that if it's going to, it will happen when and how you least expect it--and probably long after you've stopped waiting and hoping for it.

(Oh, and stay away from mediums; I've yet to meet one who wasn't a fraud, whether intentional or not, and the intentional frauds are the worst kinds of predators.)
Old 30-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascophore
Why are you trying to bother someone who has passed on and may or may not remember your face? Do you think that your current existence is so memorable to them that when they return to the other side they retain an inkling of memory that isn't meshed with their soul from the other side? Sure you may meet as acquaintances back 'home' but don't say I didn't warn you if it's more platonic in nature like meeting a friend. And don't be miffed if they are somehow in a form that you don't like or find longing towards.

Also, how do you REALLY know you're getting who you're getting? What if it's just some spirit that knows they can act the part of your lover and get a nice, nutritious energetic snack? Are you really so inclined as to believe that the afterlife is somehow nice or kind? Well, some parts may be nice to your 'true' self when you cross over but kind maybe not. I know if I went 'home' in this body I'd surely be feeling it in the morning...

Hello,
Geez that's a bit rough,this poor woman has come here to share her grief,you talk to her in your post like its nothing?

Show a little courtesy to the poster please,she is having a hard time of it coming to terms with the loss of her partner, the last thing she needs is someone telling her her partner won't recognise her?

How the hell do you know that??
Tell me how you gained all this experience on these matters,
Leave her alone,don't post here,be considerate please!

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Master

This is an open forum , advice is for free , its coming from different people with many different belief systems . One may take or leave advice as they chose . For some people adc is out side there belief system . There just not open to it Maby grand maw Marry ( the names have been changed to protect the inocent , form dragnet ) is having too much fun hanging out on the astral plane to report back .