Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 20-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Guide

Jaroon, I see where you're coming from asking this question. There are some great explanations above. I was also attuned to Reiki level one so far, because after my first session I felt something change in a positive way. Then I suffered dizziness for a month. Then I decided to take reiki level one to better help myself and others. I was told by my instructor/reiki master that I have a ton of energy at my crown and that I'd make a great healer. It has been two and a half months that I have practiced on myself most everyday and I believe I'm changing slowly for the better. It has opened my eyes to a whole world of energy healing in all different modalities. There are even some great energy healers that are not reiki attuned.

The story behind reiki is beautiful. However, I agree with you in a way that when I persist with questions...but how? But how? I don't feel fully satisfied with the answers I'm getting. Until I know these answers, I personally don't feel so empowered to go into business taking on reiki clients if I can not fully answer any and all questions regarding "how" it works.

Also, the more I google the subjects of reiki and energy healing it seems I am led to thousands of different "healers" marketing themselves with their own websites, selling their courses, tools, kits, books and retreats as well as a promise to transform your life for the low cost of $500.

I don't know the answers yet, but I suppose I'll continue my journey.
Old 20-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroon60
It does help. I know the energy. And love. Difficult to admit that. Because it feels like floating. Reiki people feel like they can help people. I have a problem with that. I do not know why exactly.

Most people do not know how energy really works. They never went that far. In the study of reiki they teach students many things that are not true. I learned this after my personal spiritual awakening and working with a guide on the other side. I have been shown this too. For one thing in reiki they teach you that it is a universal energy or source energy. But in actuality the energy comes from the person. In true healing the energy comes from the heart because that person has an open heart. They have empathy through the heart. This is how they heal at the deeper levels. However there are healers out there who do not have empathy, they heal for a sense of personal power. They may be born with feeling energy but it is not deep, it is superficial. They feel energy not from their heart but from some other part of their body. You asked about feeling spirits. It is through my inner work, spiritual awakening for example that I feel the other side. It is through my heart. I was not born with this ability. People not born with abilities, who heal or feel spirits are feeling it because they have opened their hearts through inner work. Other people born with this ability do not necessarily feel the other side with their heart and they are not in contact with people of a high vibration. I'm not sure how much truth they get either. Its complicated to explain. Hope this helps!
Old 20-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Master
I agree that to heal the healer needs an open heart, my issue with reiki is that an open heart is not required to get attunements, only money is necessary. This leaves presumably many thousands of paid up reiki healers not then being true healers, while they are convinced themselves and try to convince others that they can heal. It makes for a hell of a mess really.
Old 20-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroon60
Reiki people feel like they can help people. I have a problem with that. I do not know why exactly.

Hi Jaroon60,

I get the sense that the issue you have with any healers, not just reiki, would be an issue of hubris. What I mean is that, in your logical approach to the concept of healing, any one who performs healings on others would then be considered "god-like." And I get the sense that such a notion is offensive to you--that a human could have "super-human" powers.

But it is possible. I have a son with several disabilities. I got attuned because those disabilities are, according to medical society, incurable. I don't believe so. I perform reiki on him regularly in order to prevent/minimize the symptoms and discomfort of those disabilities. He's a very happy child and I know that the reiki is working. My reiki is probably strong with him, as a mother's love for a child is acute.

I know with all my heart that he will be healthy and strong one day.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 20-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Guide

Django and Vespa, I'm so happy I joined in on this discussion although I wasn't the one to start it. Both of your comments are confirming what I already knew in my heart, however closed it may be..haha. This all makes more sense to me now, having been attuned to reiki level one with nowhere or no one to go for continued support. I'm an empath and do have a deep desire to help others, but I'm also not too proud to say I definitely have some inner work to do on myself. I'm at the stage of information overload with an insatiable desire for more knowledge, all while trying to discern what is real and what is a bunch of woo-woo. I love popping on here and reading these threads and finding realistic views like you both have posted.
Old 20-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Guide

This is an analogy.
Heat exists throughout the earth/universe, but it accumulates in certain places.

Energy also exists everywhere, and it can also accumulate in places, through some facilitator, action or some other attractor.
The Reiki practitioner is such an accumulation facilitator and by doing it well the energy then also spreads to the client.
No mystery
Old 20-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I agree that to heal the healer needs an open heart, my issue with reiki is that an open heart is not required to get attunements, only money is necessary. This leaves presumably many thousands of paid up reiki healers not then being true healers, while they are convinced themselves and try to convince others that they can heal. It makes for a hell of a mess really.

I had to learn this the hard way too. Reiki is a money making thing really. There are a ton of phoney healers out there who cant answer any questions about what they are doing. My own reiki master could never answer my questions and decided not to be in contact with me anymore because of my questioning. I think someone can actually open their heart from a few things out there. Although I think meditation is one of the best. Actually if someone does go to a true healer for a healing then in theory the attunement is included in the price.
Old 20-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi Jaroon60,

I get the sense that the issue you have with any healers, not just reiki, would be an issue of hubris. What I mean is that, in your logical approach to the concept of healing, any one who performs healings on others would then be considered "god-like." And I get the sense that such a notion is offensive to you--that a human could have "super-human" powers.

But it is possible. I have a son with several disabilities. I got attuned because those disabilities are, according to medical society, incurable. I don't believe so. I perform reiki on him regularly in order to prevent/minimize the symptoms and discomfort of those disabilities. He's a very happy child and I know that the reiki is working. My reiki is probably strong with him, as a mother's love for a child is acute.

I know with all my heart that he will be healthy and strong one day.

I see the danger. I do believe in people who can. I am sure you do not put your son at risk.
Old 20-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Knower

I think that we talk about different kinds of energy. Maybe yours as reiki is totally different from what I know.
Old 20-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Knower

What is the thing with your son? How do you help him?