Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 06-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Experiencer

Can psychics make scientific discovery?

Can you use your psychic abilities to uncover the mechanisms of physics/science, and learn about how things work? This would be such a profoundly valuable thing when it comes to medicine.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Master
I think this is a confusing question.

A scientist uses observable means to discover things and to quantify it.

A physic does not use observable means.

Therefore it's an oxymoron, or a phemenonological approach to science.

Basically it's a bum desire. Something that seems awesome because it hasn't been done yet. But the fact is it hasn't been done because it's not possible in a literal sense. We could re-define the terms and make it work, but as it stands, modern scientists would scoff and publishers would not allow such studies in respectable magazines.

One could theorize using any psycic abilities they have.

To make scientific discovery one must use the tool we all have, observation of the real world.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse
Can you use your psychic abilities to uncover the mechanisms of physics/science, and learn about how things work? This would be such a profoundly valuable thing when it comes to medicine.
Yes, I can use my 'psychic abilities' to uncover 'mechanisms of physics'. Those ideas that later become part of science knowledge have to come from somewhere, doesn't matter where.

There is no need to use my 'psychic abilities' to uncover 'mechanisms of science'. One can read about how science works on-line or in a library.

Even with the greatest discovery/insight, don't forget that someone has to do the 'science' to contribute to 'scientific knowledge'.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:18 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Therefore it's an oxymoron, or a phemenonological approach to science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse

With respect, your logical conclusion is flawed because your base of assumption is just that - an assumption. You work off of the premise that psychics don't use observable means. You are incorrect.

Being a real genuine psychic is rare. Most believe they are psychic, when in actuality, everyone has psychic abilities, just as everyone can play a sport, cook, or drive but there is a clear difference between those that do so for leisure, and professionals of the craft that have surpassed a level of expertise that emerges into the realm of true paranormal mystery.

That being said, yes you can in theory OP. However, good luck, I doubt any would be gifted enough to pull it off in the finite amount of time they have as a human. I heard of a psychic who did provable mathematical theorems that were extremely rare. They would channel the past, find some scientists and write on a chalk board the formulas discovered. There agenda was to help re-discover some lost principles for modern day scholars.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
With respect, your logical conclusion is flawed because your base of assumption is just that - an assumption. You work off of the premise that psychics don't use observable means. You are incorrect.

Being a real genuine psychic is rare. Most believe they are psychic, when in actuality, everyone has psychic abilities, just as everyone can play a sport, cook, or drive but there is a clear difference between those that do so for leisure, and professionals of the craft that have surpassed a level of expertise that emerges into the realm of true paranormal mystery.

That being said, yes you can in theory OP. However, good luck, I doubt any would be gifted enough to pull it off in the finite amount of time they have as a human. I heard of a psychic who did provable mathematical theorems that were extremely rare. They would channel the past, find some scientists and write on a chalk board the formulas discovered. There agenda was to help re-discover some lost principles for modern day scholars.

Ok. show me how they work through observable means, list one example.

also can you state some definitions too.

psychic
real psychic
fake psychic
psychic ability
observable means
non-observable means
Old 07-11-2016, 04:23 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Ok. show me how they work through observable means, list one example.

also can you state some definitions too.

psychic
real psychic
fake psychic
psychic ability
observable means
non-observable means

Google can find anything if one is determined enough.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
Google can find anything if one is determined enough.

thats funny but im asking for yours because they dont match what i google.

like fake psychic, is dependent on which definition a person chooses for psychic.

and real psychic is related to the same things, and the opposite of fake, etc.

lots of subjectivity between the words of google, and the way you use the words.

ergo. asking you is the only way to solve this riddle. no amount of determination is going to make google give me these answers.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:04 AM
Master
I'm asking where do you draw the line in the sand.

What is called psychic for you?

What does it take for something paranormal to be observable?
Does it have to be photographed?
is eyesight good enough?
etc. etc. etc.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:06 AM
Master
and what do you mean when you say, everyone has psychic abilities?

What do you mean when you say they can be trained to the point that they are "real"?

if we all have them, are they not real until they are trained to a certain level?
they are not observable until they are trained to a certain level?
At which point they become real?

Im just trying to follow your logic sir.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

You asked a lot,of questions and to be honest I don't feel your intentions are genuine of self-improvement. It feels more ego driven. The classic desire,of proving one wrong in order to satisfy one self. I'll put aside my belief for now, and answer some questions for you if you care that much.

1. Humans create artifical barriers and believe that they are real. There are no borders that exist,under universal law, only social conventions fabricated by a evolving species. You ask where I draw a line at in the sand, to me, there are no lines - just fabricated syntax that gives way to a depth of true meaning. If you look at a map, you will find plenty of segregation, but look at the real thing and you only see the true universal law at play - the law of one.

That being said, I still recognize who I am conversing with, and adapt accordingly to deliver whatever message that I am capable of at the time to deliver by proving whatever language that is needed, after all that's what makes us human.

2. Googles definition works.
3. Scientific method through experimentation, empirical evidence that is taken from a qualatative, quantative base.
4. No.
5. To a degree. Darwin ism is an empirical truth. One can stIlll challenge the notion that sight itself is a flawed system, and plenty philosophers do, let us not join in on their charade.