Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 06-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Guide

Cat Dealing with crazy clients!

I have no experience with dealing with any clients as I only read tarot for myself. However, I regularly talk to a very nice lady who works at a store near my house about psychic readers. She told me that everything a local reader predicted for her was coming true and she asked me to try to call the psychic because she wasn't answering her calls. I took the number and said I would… but I truly felt that if the lady wanted to do readings she would get back to her clients. So I said a white lie and that I got no answer. The lady then drove to the woman's home and knocked on the door and set up an appointment. She also gave the reader my phone number to schedule a reading but she hasn't called. No surprise there.

Anyways, I am wondering if anyone has any stories of dealing with clients who have overstepped boundaries?

I also apologize for using the term 'crazy,' as I know a lot of times when people act out it is because they are emotionally/mentally distraught and are seeking help.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Your fine, it's not out of the ordinary for people to overstep their boundaries.

I currently have no interest to monetize in tarot, Its just a hobby for me at the moment, however, its not out of the ordinary to get someone who is in desperation, and I can understand that sometimes, I mean with all that new age solicitation online today with headlines ' Talk to psyhic, meet your TF". There is so much misconception and misleading information in what tarot/reading actually does. Also, psychics may entice a client with words to keep them as a client, after all, it is a business, and in business you want returning customers.So I think in many cases there is personal responsibility needed from the reader when offering a service to the client. Be honest with them, maybe write out a contract or terms of agreement to take appropriate disciplinary action on a questionable client.

Giving a reading sometimes a gift from spirit, accept gracefully and move on. No one knows you more than you...
Old 08-10-2016, 01:15 AM
Guide

Yeah, I have been on the client end where I've had a reader "tell me" that a partner's ex gf was attempting to cast spells and curse me. I didn't buy into it… Lost respect for that reader actually. That was four years ago and my partner and I are still together.

I have had a reading done before while someone was frantically calling the reader. He had to tell her he'd call her back and told me that she calls him multiple times per day. I can only imagine how hard that can be sometimes.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Newbie ;)

they are wrong most of the time....I do not believe in tarot
Old 07-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Master
I think it's an isolated incident. Most people have the common sense to not push it when a person doesn't reply.

It could also be that the tarot card reader is not a good businessman/woman, or that they do not have discipline & diligence. Ergo, they are lazy about calling people back.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Your fine, it's not out of the ordinary for people to overstep their boundaries.

I currently have no interest to monetize in tarot, Its just a hobby for me at the moment, however, its not out of the ordinary to get someone who is in desperation, and I can understand that sometimes, I mean with all that new age solicitation online today with headlines ' Talk to psyhic, meet your TF". There is so much misconception and misleading information in what tarot/reading actually does. Also, psychics may entice a client with words to keep them as a client, after all, it is a business, and in business you want returning customers.So I think in many cases there is personal responsibility needed from the reader when offering a service to the client. Be honest with them, maybe write out a contract or terms of agreement to take appropriate disciplinary action on a questionable client.

Giving a reading sometimes a gift from spirit, accept gracefully and move on. No one knows you more than you...

If you did monetize it you could specialize your skills and become the best tarot reader of your ability.

I think that's why people specialize in anything, to become the best they can be. People pay those people for their skills because they realize if they support that person then they can get better
Old 07-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Master
My business partner offers psychic readings (she reads the energy of the situation/people involved), and I offer tarot readings and spiritual counseling through my website. She gave a client a reading about this man she had just met. It was really positive. There was a lot of potential with this man. About a month before, I had worked with her to manifest a romantic partner. And this was the guy. Things were going well until this woman just went off the rails and blew up at him and made some mistakes, which caused the man to distance himself. However, there was still hope if she could stop acting so irrational and crazy.

She booked another reading on how to draw him back in, and my partner gave her specific directions on what to do and what not to do, including a timeline such as "contact him this Wednesday but no sooner." She couldn't help herself, so she contacted him sooner, and he wasn't ready to talk to her. He needed a little bit of time to miss her, and she didn't give him that. She came across too strong and turned the guy off.

A couple weeks later, she messaged me on social media and she was completely incoherent. Something was seriously wrong. I thought she was either on drugs or having some type of mental break. She disappeared off social media for a couple of months. She messaged me when she came back and told me how she had a huge argument with her mother and ended up in a mental institution. If I had known she was that mentally unstable, I would have never worked with her in the first place. Manifesting a relationship was the last thing she needed. Sometimes you think you're dealing with somebody perfectly normal, but they have serious mental issues. It was a good lesson for me in how to recognize those signs.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Guide

Wow Awakened_Queen that would be kind of scary. I like to use etsy psychics and tarot readers sometimes and make sure to always read reviews. Even for the really good readers, who get 4/5 out of 5 reviews, every once in awhile there are really negative people who post reviews about how things did not go their way even though something different was predicted. The reader always replies to the review and will say they offered to help clarify a situation but you can tell just by reading that the client went off the handle.

I can imagine that the people who lose their temper over a $10.00 etsy reading are suffering from some sort of mental instability.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
Wow Awakened_Queen that would be kind of scary. I like to use etsy psychics and tarot readers sometimes and make sure to always read reviews. Even for the really good readers, who get 4/5 out of 5 reviews, every once in awhile there are really negative people who post reviews about how things did not go their way even though something different was predicted. The reader always replies to the review and will say they offered to help clarify a situation but you can tell just by reading that the client went off the handle.

I can imagine that the people who lose their temper over a $10.00 etsy reading are suffering from some sort of mental instability.

If you're interested, you should check out The Tarot Lady's #TarotRap on Twitter, where she brings up different topics related to reading tarot for clients, and people chime in with their experiences.

With any type of service you provide, you need to set up boundaries with clients. You can't let anybody take advantage of you, and you have to learn that it's okay to say no to people, even if it means refusing service to somebody. Reading for somebody who is mentally unbalanced is always a bad idea. I feel bad for readers who have bad reviews because of nightmare clients.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Guide

I will check that out! Thanks! :)