Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Burntfruit

Can you watch movies after death?

Can you hang around in movie theaters and watch films?

I was reading a book by Gretchen Vogel:
Choices in the Afterlife: What We Can Do & Where We Can Go After Death. She says that some deceased hang around on the earth plane?
Old 20-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Suspended

l believe they have everything over there that you can find here. Astral explorer's have confirmed this.
Old 20-04-2015, 07:23 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
l believe they have everything over there that you can find here. Astral explorer's have confirmed this.

That's not what the original posting asks about, though...
Old 20-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Master

I guess one could chose to hang around as a earth bound ghost and watch movies . I would think there would be more interesting to do .
Old 22-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa

My take on this is that the Astral Plane is a condition, not a place. In other words when we are perceiving our environment with our physical senses while the soul in incarnated in the body, we call this "living on the Earth Plane". However, when our soul breaks contact with the body at the point of physical death, we start perceiving our environment with our psychic senses, and we call this "living on the Astral Plane". But we are still in the same physical location, so yes, they have everything over there that you can find here ... but that's because "there" and "are" are the same place.
Old 20-04-2015, 07:21 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
Can you hang around in movie theaters and watch films?

I was reading a book by Gretchen Vogel:
Choices in the Afterlife: What We Can Do & Where We Can Go After Death. She says that some deceased hang around on the earth plane?

It's a recurrent discussion point that some discarnates don't move far from this dimension. It would be a mistake, though, to think that they can still interact with the physical dimension as much as they could while still incarnate. Can they 'hang around' and watch movies or perhaps even TV? I think it's a possibility for some but to a limited degree. Whether any/many actually do it for long is difficult to nail. I don't know if it's important anyway although I have often wondered about similar issues.
Old 22-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Knower
You can do the same and way more, as above probably more interesting and fascinating things to be doing :)
Old 22-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Experiencer
Yes, spirits can hang around in a movie theater and watch movies, but that's not actually a good thing. Spirits that hang around in our physical dimension do so because they are overly attached to something here, which gets in the way of their spiritual development. But it's not a bad thing either. There may be, for instance, a haunted theater with ghosts that love to much to act that they are perfectly happy staying there for as long as they wish (and that can be pretty darn long. lol!). So the way I understand it, a spirit may be so attached to movies and movie theaters, that they hang around there watching movies, one after the other, not contributing much to their conscious or spiritual development. Hospitals, night clubs and other places with lots of people tend to also have lots of spirits hanging around who are attached to these places.

On the other hand, in the higher spiritual realms, spirits not only do spiritual work based on helping other spirits, charity and so forth, spirits also have their relaxing time. So there are musical concerts, movies, arts, etc. to inspire the soul.

A spirit who is developed enough doesn't need to go to a physical dimension movie theater to watch movie, they have much more grander things to inspire them or more important things to occupy their time. Or so I believe...
Old 23-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Administrator
Hello

There are two levels of hanging around. One is being Earth Bound that is where they miss going over to the light and get stuck here til someone like a Medium can help them. The other is that free will we have to stay or to come in and out from time to time.

Many choose to stay to finish something or to see their funeral then go over. Others at times do not know that they have passed and stay around.

Lynn
Old 23-04-2015, 02:58 AM
Experiencer
I sure hope so! Now that Mark Hamill has agreed to being in the new Star Wars - The Force Awakens - I am longing to see him star in the sequel "Corvette Summer II"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9pmT6JTO4

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung