Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 26-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste, Honza.

"God", "I AM" and "Consciousness" are ALL interchangeable terms. It represents the feeble attempts by the human mind to try and "understand" that which exists beyond all thought, when doing that is pretty much futile anyway.

The human mind is governed by labels, concepts and comparisons due to cognitive bias through living a conditioned existence...but all "God" is... all "Consciousness" is, is a tool to help us go beyond that... until it becomes the lens through which we see and not the perception in and of itself.

It is also highly individualized and personal...no two snowflakes are alike and yet they are all snowflakes by definition... and yet, if the word "snowflake" did not exist, they would be perceived differently.

Whatever we are, is only a part of that which everything is, no matter WHAT it is called, yet the whole only exists as the total sum of its parts yet there is are no increments...no diminishing, because the universe is a closed system.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Great explanation by Shivani Devi. I enjoyed reading this.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 07-09-2018, 06:00 PM
dattaswami

Pure Awareness (Soul) requires existence of 2 items. One is inert energy that is obtained from digestion of food (Annat Purashah- Veda). Second is nervous system, which alone can convert this inert energy into awareness on functioning. So, awareness is dependent on these two items but God is independent & does not depend on any other item.
Old 20-10-2018, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Namaste.

God exists at once both as us and also separate from us.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Well said. That is EXACTLY what we were discussing in another thread about "The Transcendent One Who Is Immanent". Well said.
Old 21-10-2018, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Well said. That is EXACTLY what we were discussing in another thread about "The Transcendent One Who Is Immanent". Well said.
Namaste and pranams.

I can mentally understand "The Transcendent One Who Is Immanent" yet trying to hold both concepts at once is difficult for me though, but maybe that is the ultimate in Non-Duality - to realise there is no distinction between the Jivatman and Paramatman...even though there is.

In actuality, there is no Immanent, when the Transcendent totally incorporates it in its own transcendence...and I believe they call this the vimarsha (reflection) of purusha (consciousness) into existence.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 21-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Master

Prajñānam brahma - Brahman is pure consciousness (Aitareya Upanishad 3.3 of the Rig Veda)

This ancient teaching of the Rig Veda points out that Brahman or pure consciousness pervades everything.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 21-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Namaste and pranams.

I can mentally understand "The Transcendent One Who Is Immanent" yet trying to hold both concepts at once is difficult for me though, but maybe that is the ultimate in Non-Duality - to realise there is no distinction between the Jivatman and Paramatman...even though there is.

In actuality, there is no Immanent, when the Transcendent totally incorporates it in its own transcendence...and I believe they call this the vimarsha (reflection) of purusha (consciousness) into existence.

Aum Namah Shivaya

My difficulty also was with the "mental" and the "concept". One can understand the concept intellectually, as I did, and yet not "know" through direct experience.

My spiritual mentor frustrated me considerably as she shook me out of my intellectualism and triggered my having the direct experiences beyond thoughts and concepts. This cannot be described in words as the words bring one right back into the realms of thoughts and concepts.

Om Namah Shivay ---> OM ---> I AM ---> (indescribable)
Old 21-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Prajñānam brahma - Brahman is pure consciousness (Aitareya Upanishad 3.3 of the Rig Veda)

This ancient teaching of the Rig Veda points out that Brahman or pure consciousness pervades everything.

The soul-sister of my spiritual mentor was Anandamaya Ma, who revealed herself with the words "I AM the all pervading Reality". The Isha Upanishad also states that quite clearly. That is my understanding as well.