Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yes, BUT ... only for NOW.

Not all of us are 'evolving' (spiritually) speaking.

Some 'souls' (spirits) are moving 'forward', some are moving 'backward' (i.e. 'devolving'). Some are headed for (spiritual) 'extinction'. No 'secret' here.

Mind is but the 'eye' of the 'soul', so the 'universes' (plural) that soul's 'see' i.e. ex-peer-ience (along evolutionary and/or devolutionary teir journey) differ. No 'secret' here either.

My first thought is that I try never to speak of 'souls' as it is completely unclear of what we are talking about, as is the word 'god'. Both words, along with others mean different things to different people. 'Spirit' is another. Fishing in these waters is confusing to the utmost. I cannot be convinced that we have a 'soul' but am convinced that our individuality is reflected in our subjective consciousness. These individualities whether existing in Mexico or Syria are the results of life's bufferings and have nothing to do with morals or ethics. 'All the world's a stage' said Shakespeare understanding life's tribulations.

The idea that we should all be moving 'forward' as if there were some sort of target doesn't work for me. I don't believe that there is a God who wants us to be 'good', thus setting up a goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians, God versus the Devil scenery. For me there is no heaven and no hell, all of this stems from religions, man-made to cover those fears which abound in our individual minds as our exposure to the outside world becomes clear.

IMO the reason for living is so that the Mind, the one of which we are all a part is able to experience the ever present totality of knowledge, a totality which will never be reached as atoms push and shove themselves into new forms and creations. What is also clear to me is that all conscious beings, in their grades, strive for knowledge (as opposed to goodness) and each is appreciated by the whole. There are no stragglers and no-one denied access, everyone of us (whatever) has a role to play.
Old 24-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
My first thought is that I try never to speak of 'souls' as it is completely unclear of what we are talking about, as is the word 'god'. Both words, along with others mean different things to different people. 'Spirit' is another. Fishing in these waters is confusing to the utmost. I cannot be convinced that we have a 'soul' but am convinced that our individuality is reflected in our subjective consciousness. These individualities whether existing in Mexico or Syria are the results of life's bufferings and have nothing to do with morals or ethics. 'All the world's a stage' said Shakespeare understanding life's tribulations.

The idea that we should all be moving 'forward' as if there were some sort of target doesn't work for me. I don't believe that there is a God who wants us to be 'good', thus setting up a goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians, God versus the Devil scenery. For me there is no heaven and no hell, all of this stems from religions, man-made to cover those fears which abound in our individual minds as our exposure to the outside world becomes clear.

IMO the reason for living is so that the Mind, the one of which we are all a part is able to experience the ever present totality of knowledge, a totality which will never be reached as atoms push and shove themselves into new forms and creations. What is also clear to me is that all conscious beings, in their grades, strive for knowledge (as opposed to goodness) and each is appreciated by the whole. There are no stragglers and no-one denied access, everyone of us (whatever) has a role to play.
Different strikes for different folks.

Whatever turns the 'Spirit' of Life (which is Love and Joy IMO), on is 'good' because it 'works' for 'good', i.e. for Life (in my mind's knowledge-view). Whatever turns it off (i.e. away from Love and Joy) is 'bad' for like reason.

I have shared my shtick in this regard, as have you yours.

Salut, Bro!
Old 11-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
True clarity is when we have cleared our consciousness, and that clearing process goes deep within our own sub-conscious nature to things which we may have long buried there. ... I am having a wonderful time communing and interacting with my own consciousness, and grateful for the awareness to recognize what I have put in my consciousness, some of those things going back decades. ... I do love the silence that I experience when I quiet my mind and I have come to realize that the closer I get to the source of any experience the stronger that experience becomes. Silence has a source which we humans may refer to as a “void.” People often associate the word “silence” with the word “peace. “ Well, when we quiet our mind there is a “peace which surpasses understanding.”
Speaking of silence:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/mindful...gods-presence/
Old 10-02-2022, 06:43 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Why this thread is so short and ended I have no idea!
It's brilliant!
Pls, continue with just anything, Starman...
Bringing this thread up again from 6/'17, ha, as I did years ago, I see in 2018!

I wonder what people think holds them together or the table and chair.
We have gravity holding us on the ground...what about our bodies?
For me, I have NO question, no doubt at all that it's thought, spirit, God.
That's why it's so fun to sit still, in silence and feel the power or love or presence all around and in you!!!

It was funny to see what it used to be like before the Admin asked us to only quote 2-3 sentences;
the poor people that had to scroll thru all the repeated quoting on their Smart phones!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2022, 06:54 PM
Master

Quote:
chair.
:
Miss Hepburn,

Now that you mentioned ‘chair’ I could not help but think about something that probably belongs in the faith and belief thread but interest is waning there….:)

We study and examine how a chair is made and come to the belief that it will support us….when we walk over and sit on it…that is faith ����
Old 10-02-2022, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
We study and examine how a chair is made and come to the belief that it will support us….when we walk over and sit on it…that is faith.
I know, right?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Master

Quote:
I know, right?
Miss Hepburn,

I assumed you did…..it was for the benefit of all ����