Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 17-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Pathfinder

Tea tree Oil & Nail fungus infection

Apologies for the unsavoury subject...

For the better part of 4 years, I have had a toenail fungus infection. I have tried 2 different brands of 'orthodox' specific treatments and although both do work - neither of them seem to actually finish the job and permanently get rid of the infection. It is only one nail and fortunately doesn't spread at all to the others.

Recently (few weeks) I have been applying tea tree oil direct to the nail & within a few days there was a distinct difference; the fungus affected area went very dark brown. I took this to indicate that the fungus is being affected by the properties of the oil. I've long known that this oil has antiseptic qualities but seemingly it also has antifungal qualities too. As the tea tree oil is so cheap - I can apply a drop every morning and I do think it is gradually getting better. Nails grow very slowly & it will probably be a year before the affected area of the nail has grown out...

Your thoughts?
Old 04-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Pathfinder

I've found Tea Tree Oil to be beneficial for all kinds of infections whether they're bacterial or fungal. My niece developed a scalp allergy a few years ago and traditional medicine didn't help much. Somebody suggested we use tea tree oil and massage it into the roots to end the problem. The first application made a whole lot of difference. So I'm not surprised it helped you the way it did. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm sure your nail will grow back to its former glory again.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:56 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I get both the occasional fungal nail issue and also the occasional plantars wart, plus as a pedestrian my feet are often in rough shape in general. About a year ago I started soaking my feet a few times per week in hot water with tea tree oil, sea salt and cold pressed virgin coconut oil. Definitely a major improvement for my feet in all regards.
Old 18-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Deactivated Account
It sounds like you're doing a good job with the Tea Tree Oil. Keep applying it consistently and try not to wear socks much, let the toe breath. If you keep it under control you might be able to keep the nail. Best of luck with it.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Knower
Great job on recovery, but if it gets worse for whatever reason, please see a doctor.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 07-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Pathfinder

Sage oil is antifungal. That's what I would use.