Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Experiencer
What's the 'problem' with using grounding stones/crystals?

Might have an idea how high vibration crystals can make you feel. Sometimes ungrounding can have a good effect for seeing the big picture. Could be wrong here, maybe you can be a in a very high frequency and also grounded (successful person), although the vast majority of people I see around me and throughout my life are grounded but with low vibration/frequency: the typical 9-5 job, come home stressed, pop a beer, watch tv drama news, eat some random food and some sweets after, popping another bottle of wine or such.. complaining to other fellows about this and that, always trying to 'fix' things etc (I am using stereotype generalizations).

I am a bit confused in a way. I have this misconception~ that if I use high vibe crystals, I may get a lot of ideas about what to do and have a better understanding of why things are the way they are and what I can do and so on. What if I use only lower chakras association crystals, smokey quartz, black obsidian, hypersthene, garnet, bamboo leaf jasper, bracelet of tourmaline/pyrite/bronzite etc etc

The way I imagine is that I will stop having all these great ideas, but I'll have less great thoughts and ideas, but at least, I will be able to manifest?! As for me is very important to be able to manifest. What do you think happens if you focus more on the first 3 chakras crystals, and even more on the first root chakra. I've been told, a tree can grow on as high as its roots allow it. What do you expect the journey with grounding crystals to be like? What if on top of grounding crystals I mentioned, I 'slip' a little piece of moldavite or some small clear quartz or a blue kyanite?

Could anyone provide some example from their life or just examples in the context of working more with grounding crystals/stones? Do you think that when I meditate, to use only my upper chakra crystals/high vibration stones, and keep the grounding ones for my desk work and just around me? Grounding stones could be excellent for shadow work meditation... but that's another topic... No idea what I am asking exactly, but if you read so far, I think you might know what is it that I am asking. Thank you in advance.
Old 20-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Experiencer
cleansed water and sage smudge , then left in the sun for several minutes. during this time, I found myself cleaning my entire room hmmm... I made up this. never really knew if there was a 'correct' way to build an arrangement, although this isn't exactly the typical grid. however I read that it matters the way it makes you feel. and by looking at this, I like it. there's some blue kyanite and selenite in the other corners of the room, but what you see in the picture is going to be here on my desk for quite some time. I shall see.
top POV
I didn't add carnelian for some reason... carnelian makes me want to have lots of fun and do sins maybe malachite could replace moldavite, but I'll leave it like this for now.

I am curious what's gonna be like. I know it takes a bit of time for the entire 'situation' to get accustomed. Will report back.
Old 21-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Master
Grounding stones do just exactly that--ground you so that you can manifest those ideas and concepts into reality. They are often excellent protective stones that keep negative entities from bothering you. Obsidian and smoky quartz are great for that.
Old 21-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Experiencer
Hi, thanks for replying

Yes, I know about the concept of negative entities/leechers , energetic parasites, we attract with our own thoughts and emotions or vibration etc... good, because for me manifestation is what brings me joy. Might be odd for some, but for me to manifest means progress which means productivity and a step forward, at the end of the day, it makes me happy. So I will stick with working more with grounding stones for the time being. I can temporary use in meditation some other crystals if needed, but most of the time I'll stick with these.

I am wondering if there is a downside for become too grounded? I mean, I sure hope to get that 'problem'. Could it mean that being too grounded would mean to spend all time in work and forget about spiritual side or other things? Well, maybe I will figure out for myself
Old 22-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Master

That is an interesting question. Different pieces of the same stone variety can have different effects. A grounding stone may do more than just ground you. I think it depends on how you feel around certain pieces. Personally, I find clear quartz gives me the best of both worlds: clarity, protection, new ideas and grounding. Some pieces of amethyst are very grounding even though they are supposed to work more on the crown and third eye. I have had interesting experiences with certain green stones like fluorite and amazonite and aquamarine. Calcite too I find very versatile especially clear calcite.
Then there is a gold sheen obsidian I like to look at that is less grounding and more changeable than a black obsidian. Turquoise (Tibetan)works quite mysteriously and unpredictably too. Maybe the intention setting and programming may get more varied effects from a stone than just grounding or higher chakra work. An amethyst pyramid or raw piece of a dark colour inspires creativity, brainstorming as well as manifestation and focus. Hope you enjoy discovering!
Old 23-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Master
It's not like when you're higher chakras have been activated they close again or get blocked again because you get grounded.
You need to be grounded in order to be able to manifest the ideas in reality so they don't remain dreams and thoughts.
I don't think there is such a thing as too grounded, cos people who are living the way you speak of, usually aren't grounded at all. They haven't got their higher chakras activated, but also aren't all that grounded. Typically they have a lot of blockages on the lower chakras. Many people don't even have their root chakra open and activated. I clearly remember when I did my intuitive development courses. We went over all chakras for healing and activating, the root was the one that out of 21 people only 1 could vaguely feel.

I don't think you can be too grounded. Your first three chakras an be unbalanced, yes. The case with most people as most only focus on the top chakras, eager to feel/hear/see things.

Apart from that, why think about it so much. The way you talk about it indicates fear and lack of trust in yourself, otherwise you wouldn't think/fear you'd lose your ideas and insights when you get more grounded.
Just feel. if you feel drawn now to working with these crystals, go with it. That is your intuition telling you you need this at this point in time.

Also make the distinction between grounding and the first 3 chakras. Working on the first 3 chakras is not the same as grounding.
If you feel drawn to now working with these crystals you likely need cleansing on those chakras, doesn't mean to say you will get more grounded as well.
I sometimes turn to such crystals too, intuitively, then I need to cleanse deeper layers of those chakras. I find this mostly happens with the sacral.
I've found myself needing, craving, fire agate, ruby, almandine granate, carnelian and so on.
Had nothing to do with my grounding as I was properly grounded. It was my sacral chakra needing work.
Don't mix these two up.
And no, when you work on those chakras and/or with such crystals, your ideas and dreams don't go away. It's not like you can only have either one of the doors open.
If nothing else, if your foundation (first 3 chakras) are stronger you will be able to open the door from the higher ones further.
If those first 3 aren't cleansed and activated more, you hit a glass ceiling.
At some point you will be able to anchor higher energies into your lower body and ALL chakras. Then the lower chakras have to be ready for this.
Old 23-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Experiencer
@moonincancer I think it also matters what kind of activity the person is doing. If one is focusing on tasks and creativity in front of a computer can be different from someone doing gardening or writing a book or taking care / babysitting etc. These are the minor yet essential differences between us all when working with crystals, why some crystals may seem to be working in a certain way for some but feel differently for other, although an Amethyst is an Amethyst.

@FairyCrystal Hey hai hoi! "It's not like when you're higher chakras have been activated they close again or get blocked again because you get grounded. " Yes, this is what I needed to hear. I mean I had a sense that this might happen but I didn't thought exactly that lol.

I still don't know what I really means, at least in laymen terms, for someone to have root chakra opened and activated. I mean open can mean is not closed/blocked. But activated? What is this about?

I think all my problems is because I think too much, and because of that I don't do what needs to be done and then I think why I don't do this, and go on a search, research, experiment, ask, find, text etc spree. This is a trap I fell into, it is a loop. Today this, tomorrow something related, illusion that I get closer to the 'fix', but then I take a big step back and see the big picture which it is that I spend the last couple of x-days/weeks/months not doing anything really but just reading. One night I had enough of all of it. Took my Black Obsidian, when alone in a room, dark, I put headphones music, closed yes, and went on thinking and thinking. Got many answers and epiphanies... and so things were surfaced and made clear to me, but then, what the Obsidian (I think) show me in a thought, by the end of the night, is that all these thoughts I had were still part of a loop, still part of me not being grounded and manifesting. Sure you can say that this was a session... but similar to this there are endless excuses I could come up with. You see, you are right... thinking too much. The way I used to make a lot of money in the past and still can is by shifting my flow of energy/attention to the right things. To calibrate it. But... but.... my momentum is not the one I used to have, my momentum is quite sad actually. Always reading, caught into all these spiritual things. I love meditation, I love my crystals.. but even some days I doubt if the crystals are actually helping me in a positive way... (i'm not talking about placebo). I mean, I used to be pretty great before I started working with crystals, but maybe that's just an unfair coincidence to point out.

As you said, intuition can be key. But isn't intuition linked to 3rd eye and crown chakra? What happens when you have a block on both of them and also entity attached on solar plexus and crown chakra? Isn't the intuition affected? I won't go offtopic much...

You are right, I should not confuse the two, first 3 chakras with grounding. Although there's a connection obviously... there are different things too. You are right.

"If nothing else, if your foundation (first 3 chakras) are stronger you will be able to open the door from the higher ones further."

---No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. - Carl Jung

Again you are right :)

"At some point you will be able to anchor higher energies into your lower body and ALL chakras. Then the lower chakras have to be ready for this."

This is something I asked before and I keep seeing it written by different people. Anchoring higher energies in lower body. What does this mean exactly??? Is it like if my lower chakras are strong~ and ready... it is like instant manifestation, that whatever good ideas you have from the 'source' can be applied with no blocks and fast...? Maybe I got it wrong, I'm trying to figure it out in laymen terms as you see..

Thank you all for replying!
Old 24-08-2018, 03:25 AM
Administrator
Hello

Very strange reaction when I scrolled down and say the first image posted. I instantly had a reaction in the Root Chakra and that pulling down feeling of grounding. This was odd to me while I am well "protected" as I so travel in the two worlds of the living and the non living, I am not always grounded in that rooted feelings.

I went back to the image and no reaction so I guess I needed to be a bit more on the Earth Plane.

It was an interesting experience. Not one I have had before from an image.

Lynn
Old 24-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Master
Difficult to read as the board has exploded with the huge photos.
But in any case, don't expect miracle just by using crystals. They can help and support, but you will still have to do the work on the chakras and deal with issues related to them
It sounds like you do have some things to deal with indeed. Work on these. Try to find out why you feel this way, and try to find moments in your past where you felt the exact same way. That way, try to find the first time you felt that way. That's the root of the problem, almost always to be found in (early) childhood.
If you know the cause and nature of the issue, you can begin working on healing it. Crystals can aid in this, not do all the work for you. You got to do that yourself.
So in this case, was there a time where you had an idea and did do something to manifest it? When is the first time you stopped acting upon ideas? Why? What happened?

Go do some soul searching and deep-diving in your life, asking why, what, how, who, over and over again.
Old 25-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Experiencer
@Lynn i think that some 'effects' of grids or crstals builds up in time, it's not like all i can feel from them can come all in one day. i don't know why I am saying this, but I am just replying :3

@FairyCrystal yes I can related very much to what you say there, for example I attempted once to do a show work meditation as carl jung concept... and I did the very things you suggested. what's more incredible is that after about an hour or maybe less, when the mind ws so quiet and I was asking those questions... I was very surprised to see that I get an answer. it was like a voice, it was like either my subconscious, shadow self or I don't know exactly.one might confuse this with an entity, although I did not feel a presence per say ... so it was maybe one of the two. I think I should go back on doing that. In other words, it is like I can reach to a state of mind where I can see clear what's going on. The problem is when you don't even start..

Am curious to read the Read Book of Carl Jung, which is said to be one of the most important books of XX century, it wasn't published until year 2009~ or so, nobody* knew about it in the first place. Shall see.. I have the pdf formats, but I'd rather get the book.