Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 10-04-2018, 01:40 PM
Knower
Rikei to someone who cant speak

I want to do reiki to my 90+ year old grandfather who is bed ridden and dosnt speak (only maybe once in a week or two he says hes tired or hurt somewhere etc - maybe it hurts him to speak or hard for him or maybe its dementia or maybe both)

so i cant really get hes acceptance to do rieki - to do reiki to him or not ?

(cause i understand you need to get a persons acceptance to do reiki to them)
Old 10-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Master
One doesn't need a verbal confirmation from someone to be yes, or no. There are other ways you can get his yes from him. Such as blinking twice for yes. Or even moving a finger.

So to get a yes of some sorts, would not be out of the question, unless they are in a coma of some sorts.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:01 AM
Guide

In a pinch you can even ask their Higher Self if it is allowable. Or meditate with your grandfather in mind and mentally ask him if he would like you do to reiki on him. You'll likely get an impression of his spirit smiling, or a positive feeling. As with any form of healing it is normally suggested to ask their permission first, but when the person is incapable of speech just be sure you pay attention to any motion they might make that make that could an indication of pain or refusal of healing.
Old 13-04-2018, 02:08 PM
Guide

Why make it so complicated? Just do it! Or is there some evil intent from your side?
In what world are we living when doing good requires permission?
I assume you are not asking him to lay there for half an hour while you do your hand-on body thing. If you do that then it would simply be the social norm to ask for permission and has little to do with Reiki.

I don't get why there is this mystique around Reiki permissions. It actually make me a bit angry. It is all simple and straight forward. There is nothing to it, be kind and courteous. That's all.
Old 30-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Seeker

I have practiced reiki on a random dog before that came over to sit beside me on a beach. It was kind of just like petting it normally only I was more conscious of my feet grounded in sand and my hands cupped and closed and my intention of energy. The dog seemed to enjoy it for about five minutes and then went away again. I mean to say this because I believe the dog gave me permission and naturally left when it was interested in other things again. Perhaps it is harder for a human to leave or to say but there may be other ways of telling. I actually find animals may be easier to understand and practice reiki on for these reasons as they are not living through intellect and so permission is in fact clearer through action than words in some instances. For example, a person may consent but still not enjoy it or their body will say otherwise. Therefore my advice would be to just care like a normal person and gradually introduce reiki and if there is any resistance then you can stop or go to another area. I don't think cupping your hand over someone's head who is sick is bad for example unless you pick up the feeling that they do not want it. Maybe they will respond less or more or need less time or more time.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Knower

My teacher had a very tangible experience of someone's higher self saying no -her hands were repelled like a magnet from her father after his stroke. You can feel free to Reiki because if the person means no, even when they cannot talk, you will be shown unequivocally. Generally, the spirit will always say yes but trust that it is not without control to show you if not.

If ever someone receives a no, please put those loving hands on yourself, to help that part of you that wants to share the healing and can't.
Old 14-08-2018, 01:20 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

You can try saying, "I send this Reiki to all those that need it or would benefit from it. I ask this to be for the Highest Good of All Concerned."