Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 10-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Administrator
High Priestess - The Lovers - The Hanged Man

Hello

Did one of those "Free On Line Readings" and got three cards all Main Arcana.

High Priestess - The Lovers - The Hanged Man

I too got a main message from the three that fits....but I thought that I would like to see feedback here.

It is not the norm to get three main cards (even with an on line pull ).

Lynn
Old 10-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Deactivated Account

Ill take a stab at it.

I am going to take this in a sexual approach, the Lovers represent a couple, the High Priestess representing a very daring, highly confident individual with their sexuality including daring experiences, while the hang man may represent someone in the relationship who needs to let go and have a little more fun and relax,

alrighty than!

Thats one approach, the other approach I would say is that someone in a relationship that needs to let go of controlling an outcome, seeing the hang man at the end. HP, stop needing to second guess yourself and trust all is well in the uninon Relax, let go, breath!
Old 11-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Ill take a stab at it.

I am going to take this in a sexual approach, the Lovers represent a couple, the High Priestess representing a very daring, highly confident individual with their sexuality including daring experiences, while the hang man may represent someone in the relationship who needs to let go and have a little more fun and relax,

alrighty than!

Blushes away.....

In the Tarot I am the High Priestess so I rule the roost LOL , not really but I have been the driving force in moving things along in the path of getting Heart here with me, and starting up a business.

We are a couple yes, on so many levels. Hmmm are we 'daring' I like that, Heart being British he "was" very conservative when it came to sex when he got here, then realized that the kids we share "do not go out much" so it was "hang it if they hear us they hear us, have to get some sometime"

That all important down time is something that once can struggle with yes. So far he have not been "hung out to dry" so to speak.

I do like this approach to things....I can see how it "fits" the cards but it is not what I asked the cards. I like it though LOL.

Thats one approach, the other approach I would say is that someone in a relationship that needs to let go of controlling an outcome, seeing the hang man at the end. HP, stop needing to second guess yourself and trust all is well in the uninon Relax, let go, breath!

This does fit....Heart is used to being in control of things in being the provider and running the household. To come to marry a woman that can and did do all of that for a year before he arrived and still pays the house bills. So this too fits a part of it all.

Lynn
Old 11-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Ascender
My initial reaction to the Major trio was zero interest, null and void. Probably my feeling about online card generators and their random math algorithms ...
However, further reading of the thread stirred up a few ideas that led to a parent/child set of meanings within the arcana.

An alternative combination of the trio can show a differing effect when the Lovers card is seen in a neutral light. (My initial response tells me so!)
Therefore this places the High Priestess in a position of Nurture rather than Nature, giving her control of the neutral force. This throws the light of inspection on the Hanged Man.

So if the Hanged Man were considered to be in tune with the seasonal and celestial influences, Nature rather than Nurture, then an answer might be found at the root of what upholds and suspends him other than in the upside down world in which he sees.
The High Priestess is the governing force at the root of the Hanged Man -
and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks a lot for the feedback, Lynn.

and Ill keep that in mind for the British, heh ..
Old 11-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Seeker

Hi
I read the lovers in the old way as a choice. The High Priestess is the ultimate 'yes' card. The hanged man could be a sacrifice involved in making the choice or a delay in making it.

This interpretation depends on my way of reading the lovers and seeing as it's your reading the Tarot is more likely to work with your interpretation of the card.

inomminate