Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 04-03-2012, 01:33 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
And thats how you believe you know......

Again experience is always a belief of what you experience represents truth or reality.

A belief none the less.

Ask yourself why is it important to "know"?

..in knowing I simply accept it as just is....so in asking myself that question..the answer is clear...I dont place importance on knowing..I just know from experience that it just is...lol!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 AM
silent whisper

I must admit its a great day outside..the birds are singing...the cows are mooing...might be time to take this knowing with me to enjoy my life in a new reality...lol!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:39 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
..in knowing I simply accept it as just is....so in asking myself that question..the answer is clear...I dont place importance on knowing..I just know from experience that it just is...lol!

I am not disputing your belief.

The point is you say "you accept" now if you can understand how you accept, you will see that it is belief.

Not saying you have to. Not saying you need to.

But in the questioning of how you accept it can only logically lead to belief.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
I must admit its a great day outside..the birds are singing...the cows are mooing...might be time to take this knowing with me to enjoy my life in a new reality...lol!!!

Well its almost 2 in the morning here - you see we have two truths. Lol.

so I will say believe in reality and enjoy your day as I am going to bed. Lol.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:44 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
I am not disputing your belief.

The point is you say "you accept" now if you can understand how you accept, you will see that it is belief.

Not saying you have to. Not saying you need to.

But in the questioning of how you accept it can only logically lead to belief.

The answer to this may simply lay in the space of realization that you are a thinker...I am a feeler....you use logic....I use intuition and sense...

I accept that while our differences in processing may be completely different..I accept now that to the logical mind versus the not so logical mind...its logical to say....to you its all logic...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:45 AM
silent whisper

Goodnight Eagle....yes the light of day is my reality....the darkness is yours..lol!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 AM
silent whisper

thankyou for sharing to your hearts content...or is that your mind....never mind its all logic to me now...:)
Old 04-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:
i believe:

we can never actually know anything. we as mankind can never know truth. only believe in something that we think it truth. we believe so strongly in something that we think we know that we call it truth.

how do we get to knowing? logical deduction of experience? experience is individual. experience relies on information received from our senses so it is therefore flawed from the start.

what is reality but the accepted belief of truth?

is truth or reality important? - yes. lol. its important to believe in things we think we know.

keeping doubt part of wisdom is wisdom indeed.

Well, one thing is certain: If you do not believe you can know the truth then you never will.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Goodnight Eagle....yes the light of day is my reality....the darkness is yours..lol!

Lol. Well light is impermant so is darkness is the true reality!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
The answer to this may simply lay in the space of realization that you are a thinker...I am a feeler....you use logic....I use intuition and sense...

I accept that while our differences in processing may be completely different..I accept now that to the logical mind versus the not so logical mind...its logical to say....to you its all logic...

I think that would be a concept of "ceasing to seek"

To use senses doesnt exclude logic. To feel you still have to think. Intuition is a belief. Lol.