Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 18-06-2017, 06:33 AM
Experiencer
Question on modern astrology,original Constellation etc...

I just know about constellation lately, there r 13 zodiac,
and there r more symbols numbers can be found on personal chart.

do u have a play on both?
r they similiar in most ways?

how to find the symbols for personal lore and more of the lore?

thank u.
Old 26-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Master
Western astrology uses 12 signs. It is Geocentric.

If you google what you want to know about there are many sites that talk about astrology. You could learn about your own chart and the important points that are commonly used in Western astrology.

There is heliocentric astrology that is less common and that might be the 13 sign one. That is not accepted as standard Western astrology.

Vedic astrology is a little different and they do use a heliocentric view and the constellations but I think only 12...I am not sure but their signs are different, the dates.. The interpretation must take that into consideration. I don't know much about it. It works for them. It isn't what I prefer and I don't know much about it.

The 13 sign kind of astrology is a mystery to me and not something that I would use.

Geocentric means you are the center of the universe, and from your view this is what the sky looks like. We look at the planets in our solar system mostly. There are many stars in the sky and some people use fixed stars. That is quite common but I don't. There are asteroids also.

I am sure everything has an effect but a person has to limit what they consider important because every star in the sky and celestial body cannot be analyzed.

A practitioner chooses what system they prefer and that is what they use. In Western culture, Western astrology is the standard. That is what I use and know about. It works.

Other systems might work too but you would have to study all about that in order to know what it is that you would like to know. It is very complicated and you have to do your own research.

Most people aren't that interested in doing the work, but that is the only way to learn.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 PM

Dear Rozie
Well said!

Dear Starnight1
That 13th constellation has been known about for a long time and it seems to be brought up in the news regularly at relatively distant intervals of time.
The 13th constellation, although it does exist, is intertwined within 2 other constellations (Scorpio & Sag. if I remember correctly)

I hope this is ok to write in the SF forum without being flagged; here goes:
Personally, I believe there is much fear mongering by the powers that be (on and off world) through what is declared as 'news'.
I believe this constellation is reported to add doubt to the efficacy of Astrology

This is not to say that we know all there is to know, yet, about astrology and that there isn't a great deal more to learn...
Also, as I mentioned "I believe" ~ beliefs can and do change so, just opinions ~ take what fits, i.e. sits solidly in your heart/gut, and leave the rest

The way I learned astrology was by getting my chart 'pictured', then going to a bookstore (remember those?!) and flipping through different books until I found one that spoke of one of my planetary aspects (=the geometrical relationship one planet in one's chart has to another). I was dumbfounded by the accuracy and so my study in astrology began.
I Am still learning 30 years later...