Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummon
Wait, if you can reincarnate into the past then could I be my own grandfather? O.0 my own grandmother? O.O could I be the dinosaur that ate my mammalian rat like progenitor? This is too spiritually incestous for me.

If you reincarnate into your own past, then it becomes another Parallel life where "you" don't exist. And, yes, if the dinosaur ate your mammalian rat-like progenitor, perhaps one of the two don't exist--in which case you would have picked a different Parallel LIfe where you (and rats and dinosaurs) did exist!

It's all about infinite possibilities. Wrap your head around that!

Lora

Last edited by IsleWalker : 18-01-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 18-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Master
if you can reincarnate into the "future", then you can definitely reincarnate into the past. The universe is full of infinite possibilities.
Old 21-01-2014, 06:43 AM
justjim

This is a good question and there are lots of interesting opinions addressing it.. Myself, I am rather inclined to say that its quite possible... we must be mindful not to fall into limited thinking wen pondering the likes of such things.. There are possibly,numerous "alternate dimensions" etc that could exist along side ours,even occupying the same space... perhaps they are very similar to our own experience here and now,and perhaps also they are not on the same "time line" as we find ourselves here... So for instance,perhaps in some other dimension... etc it may be 1492.. so yes, theoretically, I would say its possible that you could reincarnate back though time,so to speak ;) Bright Blessings :)
Old 27-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Yaoughta

This is a rather interesting question. Can you reincarnate to the past? Certainly, if you can reincarnate you should be able to reincarnate to any place and or time. All things are possible if you believe an if you believe in reincarnation, it should be possible. However, you still probably wouldn't as it wouldn't serve any purpose. Let's assume that you have lived sine time began in one form or another. Your non-physical self would already have access to all those experiences and I would assume would want to experience something new and different. If you've already experience a life in the 1500's then why would you do it again? Life lessons can be experienced in any time period and often are if they're not learned. Sure, the faces and places my change, but the underlying scenarios remain the same. For example, you're born in 1525 with the soul purpose of experiencing a life of hardship to learn inner strength and perseverance. If you then commit suicide in 1550 because you found the hardship you were experiencing to difficult to bear, then you didn't learn the lesson, but you can you experience hardship in any time period. You wouldn't need to reincarnate back to 1525.
Old 28-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Guide
I agree with Yaoughta. I feel like no one here could possible KNOW but it is possible that it's true!
Also though time doesn't exist on the other side or whatever you choose
to call it, it does here so I don't know.

But I do think it wouldn't make much sense to go back
Old 06-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Wandering Soul

I am going to argue this one for fun. :)

Why would you not be able to go back in time and experience things in a previous year? I believe that the astral plane has no comprehension of time and the soul has no limitation of time and place. If I am needed on Venus in the year 100 ad why should I not be there? Likewise a far away galaxy many many eons into the un known. You cannot think of time as a viable concept because it is only within the physical plane and the ego.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:47 AM
Experiencer
In my heart I feel that to God EVERYTHING is possible.
If the past, present and future exist in the "now".
And if God is everything and nothing at the same time.
And I am an expression of "God".
Then why not?
Why is there so many blocks?
God just is right?
Then if I want to be incarnated in the "past" then why not?
And how do you know this "present" right now is the future?
What if in reality we are living in the past?
I'm pretty sure I exist in "future" Earth at this very moment.
Just because you think we are living in the future doesn't mean we are in the future.
To me everything is possible to "God".
Old 09-02-2014, 05:48 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul
Why would you not be able to go back in time and experience things in a previous year? I believe that the astral plane has no comprehension of time and the soul has no limitation of time and place. If I am needed on Venus in the year 100 ad why should I not be there? Likewise a far away galaxy many many eons into the un known. You cannot think of time as a viable concept because it is only within the physical plane and the ego.

I absolutely agree with you Wondering Soul :)
Old 10-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Knower

Interesting question, never thought about it.

In my honest opinion, I think you could be able to reincarnate into past, but not in this plane of existence. As you know time is subjective, but you cannot deny the flow of life. Life flows and it cannot be stopped it goes and goes...but yet again we live in multi dimensional world, there are parrarell dimension, maybe if you could reincarnate into dimension that is currently in the age you want it to be, than you could reincarnate into "past". But in my opinion reincarnating or travelling back in time, in this plane, in your plane is not possible, but it is possible by going into different dimension, but I may be wrong and I would like to know the truth.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy92
Interesting question, never thought about it.

In my honest opinion, I think you could be able to reincarnate into past, but not in this plane of existence. As you know time is subjective, but you cannot deny the flow of life. Life flows and it cannot be stopped it goes and goes...but yet again we live in multi dimensional world, there are parrarell dimension, maybe if you could reincarnate into dimension that is currently in the age you want it to be, than you could reincarnate into "past". But in my opinion reincarnating or travelling back in time, in this plane, in your plane is not possible, but it is possible by going into different dimension, but I may be wrong and I would like to know the truth.

I question whether life "flows". I think that we only feel it is continuous, but that our consciousness comes in and out of these lives. It only seems contiguous within the same vibrational plane. So, theoretically, we could be experiencing as a consciousness in many "places" at the same time. Each would seem continuous within that dimension.

If you've read the Seth books, the entity called Seth could pick up sessions that were weeks apart as if it were just a break in sentences. He would know exactly what was "just said" and what topic he intended to cover next. This makes sense to me.

This idea allows many, many "lives" at the same time, including past and future (where there is no time).

Lora