Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-02-2020, 10:56 PM
Master

All the chakra colors

I experienced in these last days all the chakra colors, all of them, and I keep seeing them. They appear in my mind sometimes like a rainbow, sometimes like fireworks, sometimes like smoke and sometimes like flashes of colored light.

I was also able to see purple with my open eyes, I saw this color 4 times, it happened few days ago, at first I thought that it's just my imagination but then I saw it clear 3 more times.

Now, almost every time I meditate, I see purple, it's the main color that appears, then I start to see green, blue, red, yellow, orange and so on. Red is the color that I see less than the other colors.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:41 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Kundalini Yoga -- as Envisioned by the Ancient Yogis

Here's a good video on Kundalini Yoga and meditative practice. It's worth watching to the end as some of the early criticism of westernization of the practice is reconsidered, but within a context of both discernment and individual practicality.

https://youtu.be/3ODfwJBDgBs

What I wholeheartedly agree with is the admonition against experience seeking, and that's from personal experience. It certainly constrained my practice at one point and only after I put it aside did I again begin to progress. Expectation and experience seeking are diametrically opposed to the purpose of a meditation practice.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Here's a good video on Kundalini Yoga and meditative practice. It's worth watching to the end as some of the early criticism of westernization of the practice is reconsidered, but within a context of both discernment and individual practicality.

What I wholeheartedly agree with is the admonition against experience seeking, and that's from personal experience. It certainly constrained my practice at one point and only after I put it aside did I again begin to progress. Expectation and experience seeking are diametrically opposed to the purpose of a meditation practice.

Hope whoever reads follows this advice ... cannot be overemphasised ... employing artificial techniques is outright dangerous

Old 06-02-2020, 03:52 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Hope whoever reads follows this advice ... cannot be overemphasised ... employing artificial techniques is outright dangerous

Yes. Even from a practical perspective and a simple technique like Calm Abiding if one desires the intended benefit one has to honor the essence of the technique as originally intended.

https://www.vipassanaforum.net/meditation/Shamatha.pdf

i) Breathing and Relaxing.
Breathe in paying attention to bodily sensations as you breathe and calming the body as you breathe. Breathe out paying attention to bodily sensations and calming the body as you breathe. Notes: Do not intellectualise where you pay attention to or try to "follow the path of the breath in the body" or any other such thing - these are fabrications. Pay attention to the actual sensations in your body, wherever they are. Do not interfere with the natural breathing pattern, just pay attention to the sensations in the body as you breathe.

ii) Thoughts: Let thoughts be. Notes: Do not try to suppress them yet do not follow them. Let them arise and fall like waves coming up on the beach and flowing back into the sea. Artificially forcing quiet on your mind is another form of fabrication. It may make you feel OK but it will be a subtle form of self-hypnosis and contrary to the core of this practice which is seeing things as they are. Thoughts will happen - a lot at first: expect to notice how busy your mind is all the time - you just started paying attention to yourself and much that was going on automatically in the background will progressively come into your awareness.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Master

@ JustASimpleGuy ... well, since we are on this topic, let me say that even breathing or meditation as a process is not the way as I know it.

For a moment, let us forget kundalini, manifestation, oneness, void ... let us maintain focus on our search for joy in permanence. That requires not a doing but a becoming. We change in thought, word and deed. Voluntarily. Small things. Do something for someone who can never repay us. Cheerfully. Anonymously. Then extrapolate. Stop negotiating. Let the other win. Yield not because we cannot win but because of love. Prioritise the divine connection by internalising attention in a prayerful aspect. Not for attainment. Solely for connection. For the embrace.

We become empty within. The emptiness is a void, a vacuum that must be filled. With what? For we do not seek. The magnetism draws in the divine energy. Automatically.

That’s all there is to it. Which is why it is called the pathless path.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ JustASimpleGuy ... well, since we are on this topic, let me say that even breathing or meditation as a process is not the way as I know it.

For a moment, let us forget kundalini, manifestation, oneness, void ... let us maintain focus on our search for joy in permanence. That requires not a doing but a becoming. We change in thought, word and deed. Voluntarily. Small things. Do something for someone who can never repay us. Cheerfully. Anonymously. Then extrapolate. Stop negotiating. Let the other win. Yield not because we cannot win but because of love. Prioritise the divine connection by internalising attention in a prayerful aspect. Not for attainment. Solely for connection. For the embrace.

We become empty within. The emptiness is a void, a vacuum that must be filled. With what? For we do not seek. The magnetism draws in the divine energy. Automatically.

That’s all there is to it. Which is why it is called the pathless path.

I practice both focused and open meditations. Mostly breathe and sound on the focus side and choiceless awareness/resting in awareness on the open side. Oh, then there's the emotion techniques too but that's altogether different.

The focused techniques are very useful beginner techniques for focusing and concentrating mind and for me was a gateway into the more challenging open technique.

However here's something interesting, and I am aware of the 'observer trap' of focused techniques which, by the way, open techniques are a good way out of. Anyway, I can sit in mindfulness of breathe or sound and witness those and any distractions, external or internal, as events in the field of awareness and that does include thoughts. It's a very different perspective than being inside the 'observer trap'. So the focused techniques are in fact open techniques once free of the observer trap, or so it seems to me.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

You assume that when I meditate, I expect things to happen? No, I do not, when I started to see these colors I had no idea that it's possible to see colors in your mind, while wide awake, as if you are watching a digital screen where the image stays there. When we imagine things, what we imagine stays there only if we focus on that particular thing, but think about seeing colors that appear in your mind and they stay there effortlessly, as if you are in space, in a nebula.

And when you reach a deep trance, if you do not try to do some tests, then it's your loss, that is when the subconscious mind is listening so you can influence it for your own good, this is how I escaped 6 years of depression, this is my 7 day of no depression, 7 days in a row, this never happened before, I barely had 1 "normal" day sometimes, once a month. I did it, I did it on my own, after more than one year of meditation and I am still meditating even after I've been healed!

I told you some time ago about doing this and I did it
Old 09-02-2020, 06:11 PM
Master
Color is to light what sound is to vibration. Sound is vibration, color is a reflection, or refraction, of light.
Every color has a particular sound that is inherit in it. By humming the musical note associated with a particular color,
and visualizing that particular color along side the sound of that particular musical note, the quality of that color and
sound can be readily a full bodied manifested experienced. Every color has a particular quality, and so does every sound.

The colors of the chakras are very interesting, and they also have a sound, or musical note, as well as a particular
quality associated with each chakra or color. It is my belief that all of matter has chakras, or energy conduits,
like small black holes, or like the white holes at the center of some galaxies, spewing out matter. We live in such a
cosmic dance. A dance of shadow and light; that has quite a script, quite a drama. We have the entire universe within us.
We are that and that is us.The drop is in the ocean but the ocean is also in the drop.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Color is to light what sound is to vibration. Sound is vibration, color is a reflection, or refraction, of light.
Every color has a particular sound that is inherit in it. By humming the musical note associated with a particular color,
and visualizing that particular color along side the sound of that particular musical note, the quality of that color and
sound can be readily a full bodied manifested experienced. Every color has a particular quality, and so does every sound.

The colors of the chakras are very interesting, and they also have a sound, or musical note, as well as a particular
quality associated with each chakra or color. It is my belief that all of matter has chakras, or energy conduits,
like small black holes, or like the white holes at the center of some galaxies, spewing out matter. We live in such a
cosmic dance. A dance of shadow and light; that has quite a script, quite a drama. We have the entire universe within us.
We are that and that is us.The drop is in the ocean but the ocean is also in the drop.

Beautiful words!
Old 16-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
It is my belief that all of matter has chakras, or energy conduits,

It's more than just a belief Starman,

Beautiful as says ThatMan