Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Deactivated Account
@Op, enlightenment comes, when you stop trying to get enlightened.

The body does not need to be enlightened, and your spiritual being is light by its nature. It is it's light that gives the body the existence.

So, when you stop trying, and be your pure self, is the point when the recognition of enlightenment comes.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
@Op, enlightenment comes, when you stop trying to get enlightened.

The body does not need to be enlightened, and your spiritual being is light by its nature. It is it's light that gives the body the existence.

So, when you stop trying, and be your pure self, is the point when the recognition of enlightenment comes.

I stopped trying for 30 years of my life, not focused on it at all, and never got enlightened.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:13 PM
Deactivated Account

enlightenment only comes
to those who give up themselves

and if you give up yourself, there is no longer anyone there
to care about enlightenment.

giving up yourself, what that means and is...

is a secret well hidden door that few find...

and those who find it,
most often,
loose it again,

may even,
forget it's there

may loose interest in it,
may not recognize it's worth
may not recognize what they found

one cannot serve two masters,
yourself and truth
delusion and clarity

the more of yourself you put away
the more enlightenment can enter
and become you

a student complained to his master
that he could not find god...
the master pointed to the student's chest and said
there is no room for god in there
too much of you is in there
you will never find god while you are there
make room and the divine will fill it

it's not that you stop trying
it's not that you try

you put away the you that would try or stop trying

the only way to put away this self is to be fully awake and aware
in the now.. and keep ones awareness free of self
to empty all self that is perceived
to make a choice in what is perceived...

to no longer focus on self's story, interpretation, voice

in the full acceptance and experience of the now as it is,
empty of self in all it's forms
enlightenment ceases to exist
one realizes there was never anyone or anything to be enlightened

the student asks the master
"how can I reach enlightenment"
the master smiles and says you can't
neither can you experience it or taste it
as it has no form
but when you drop all forms,
when you are not,
there it is, a light in the darkness

a luminance in all that is perceived
Old 06-12-2019, 10:41 PM
Master
Well, well, well - Phaelyn

Why ask questions if you already have got the answers in the 'palm of your hand'?

Old 12-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Is it hard to become liberated or enlightened?

Another question would be is it hard for our creator
to make us liberated or enlightened?

Does it believe or know sending us into bodies over
and over will eventually lead us there?

Why reincarnate if it doesn't lead somewhere?
A lot was created to maintain all of this.

I guess we can relax and trust the process,
enjoy the ride, it eventually reaches the end
and we get off the human life ride.

Whatever created all of this is a lot smarter than me,
so it will eventually make me liberated or enlightened,
I just have to be the best I can be from life to life.
Pay attention in "class."
Old 12-12-2019, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
I've spent the last 10-15 years of meditation releasing resistance. I've had a Kundalini awakening and reached a point where I have felt the emptiness and bliss. I continue to "let go" and surrender and feel myself pulling inward into the absolute stillness. But my body has fears as it feels like dissolving or disappearing or like it thinks it's slowly dying.

But I'm not in a monastery. I don't work, but I have started going to a Buddhist Center just yesterday.

Is enlightenment about surrendering to the point where you dissolve back into the Quantum Field or absolute stillness? I have burned through much resistance over this last decade or so. I feel a peace inside, but I sometimes move too fast and can feel overwhelmed. When I was at that Buddhist Center, I was overwhelmed by the love and I cried.

I also have schizophrenia and bipolar which makes me hypersensitive emotionally if I had forgotten to take my meds.

Is enlightenment or liberation something you have to "try for"? Or am I doing it the right way through surrendering and trying to live by the 8-fold path?

You keep trying yes. You do the practices, you apply them when upset, eventually your life changes and the practices change from a doing to a being.

It's not an easy path but one that is worth striving for.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Master

I believe that spiritual practice should empower you. It should give meaning, and purpose, to your life here. It should unveil you the reason for why you are here, now. It should devictimize you, showing you the path and giving you the means to take your (soul's) destiny in your hands, now.

There is an important difference between thinking that your current predicament was inflicted on you, and thinking that your current predicament is a normal step in your (soul's) evolvement, that can be overcome only by you.

Your conscious (ego) and mind (subconscious) aren't enslaving you, but are parts of you, here to help you evolve your inner-self. Your inner-self doesn't need to be liberated from them, you don't need to be liberated from here. You need to evolve, as you evolved through all the pre-human forms of consciousness, but now you have a conscious that can work for you (for your soul), and a subconscious that can assertively work for you and not only react to what happens to you.

Trust only your inner guidance. Use all other inputs (books, gurus, ..) only informatively, as they are others' subjective interpretations, and inherently distorted!

Any spirituality that takes away your (conscious') power, and action, isn't truly on your (soul's) side.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.