Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Toolite

More Information Please.

Im understanding that some believe that Higher Beings are without Gender and since this is my second time hearing it I was wondering where this originated and what was this based on? Experience or told by someone.. etc..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 PM
confusedforlife1

I dont know for sure. I have heard this to. But my understanding is that the higher beings are just that higher beings. They are there to guide us etc. Not to specificly have genders etc. But then also heard they appear to people to look like male/female beings. so i would also like information on this:) very interesting
Old 03-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Quintessence

Lots of beings in general have no sex. The overwhelming majority of the universe, really, is completely nonsexual. Given that, it isn't hard to see why some would find the otherworlds operate the same way.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
Im understanding that some believe that Higher Beings are without Gender and since this is my second time hearing it......

Perhaps one answer can be found by looking at matters in a different way?

The great spirit, the creator, God etc. has no gender. As sparks of that 'creator-energy' we all began our individual existences with a similar lack of gender. But in this dimension most distant and dissimilar from our origins we experience many situations not found elsewhere. Gender and sexuality are just two of them, along with the joy of procreation but also the tensions that often accompany that potential.

Some higher beings, therefore, either en route to this physical experience or away from it, will indeed be as we have been and will in future again be - individuals without gender.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Perhaps one answer can be found by looking at matters in a different way?

The great spirit, the creator, God etc. has no gender. As sparks of that 'creator-energy' we all began our individual existences with a similar lack of gender. But in this dimension most distant and dissimilar from our origins we experience many situations not found elsewhere. Gender and sexuality are just two of them, along with the joy of procreation but also the tensions that often accompany that potential.

Some higher beings, therefore, either en route to this physical experience or away from it, will indeed be as we have been and will in future again be - individuals without gender.

Respectfully.. Since I disagree and disagree about gender because The Angels can come to me in their purest form so therefore there is no gender.. I dont even feel male or female but, that doesnt mean they are without gender.. I've been before God more than once and He has a gender. My Angels when they take Angelic form its in gender and when they take human form its in Gender.. Even the extra terrestrial being was in gender I felt male and the dimensional being was in gender..

So please share the experience that supports theres no gender. In living different lives (past lives) we change gender and race but, there is still a gender.. Loved ones who have crossed over and comes back to visit they are in gender.

So what experience supports that statement?

All the Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Lots of beings in general have no sex. The overwhelming majority of the universe, really, is completely nonsexual. Given that, it isn't hard to see why some would find the otherworlds operate the same way.

thank you for responding.. What beings are you referring too? How does these beings operate what do they produce or what can they do spiritually?

Old 03-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedforlife1
I dont know for sure. I have heard this to. But my understanding is that the higher beings are just that higher beings. They are there to guide us etc. Not to specificly have genders etc. But then also heard they appear to people to look like male/female beings. so i would also like information on this:) very interesting

I think its interesting too.. I was just wondering where this view originated..

Old 03-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
thank you for responding.. What beings are you referring too? How does these beings operate what do they produce or what can they do spiritually?

By "beings" I was deliberately being general. Pick any aspect of the universe. Doesn't matter what. Rocks. Clods of dirt. Stars. Bacteria. Trees. Dark matter. Kittens. Study a little astronomy and recognize that as far as we know, Earth is the only planet with life on it and is thus the only place where sex exists. Earth is a minuscule little pinprick in the universe. Sex, thus, is also a pretty minuscule aspect of the universe. Humans fixate on it because we're creatures of sex and we tend to be very anthropocentric. Meanwhile, the milky way continues to not have a penis or a vagina, nor do the incomprehensibly vast stretches of intergalactic space.

As aspects of the otherworlds mirror this-world, an awful lot of the otherworlds are going to be non-sexed also. The stars you see in journeys to the otherworlds don't have genitals any more than our own sun does. It seems, though, that most people are quite anthropocentric in their forays in the otherworlds. Because of that, they tend to only work with things that are human-like and thus are sexed creatures. I guess most just relate to that better. People get uncomfortable if they can't tell if you're a man or woman. It's sad, but we carry our biases with us when we work with the otherworlds.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:56 AM
mac

Gender and sexuality are necessary for humankind's procreation - we need sexual interaction to produce the bodies needed for others to experience life in-the-body. Outwith of this situation gender has no relevance.

The importance of our physical lives may be debated at length but while we're living as humanity our thoughts and ideas are governed by our physical nature and our nurture. The impact of that seems to shape us - literally as well as figuratively - for quite some time after corporeal death and also shapes how we think about the worlds before and after this physical dimension.

It's to be expected, then, that contact with 'those who have gone before' will find individuals who present themselves as they used to be in the body, including their gender. (albeit sexuality no longer applies) Other entities may choose to present themselves in a form which is familiar to the recipient even when they have never lived in that form. Hence angels may present with human appearance.

Using the principle of expectation influenced by our experience and upbringing, God may well appear as a male to those who expect that. For me neither angels nor God have human appearance or gender.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
By "beings" I was deliberately being general. Pick any aspect of the universe. Doesn't matter what. Rocks. Clods of dirt. Stars. Bacteria. Trees. Dark matter. Kittens. Study a little astronomy and recognize that as far as we know, Earth is the only planet with life on it and is thus the only place where sex exists. Earth is a minuscule little pinprick in the universe. Sex, thus, is also a pretty minuscule aspect of the universe. Humans fixate on it because we're creatures of sex and we tend to be very anthropocentric. Meanwhile, the milky way continues to not have a penis or a vagina, nor do the incomprehensibly vast stretches of intergalactic space.

As aspects of the otherworlds mirror this-world, an awful lot of the otherworlds are going to be non-sexed also. The stars you see in journeys to the otherworlds don't have genitals any more than our own sun does. It seems, though, that most people are quite anthropocentric in their forays in the otherworlds. Because of that, they tend to only work with things that are human-like and thus are sexed creatures. I guess most just relate to that better. People get uncomfortable if they can't tell if you're a man or woman. It's sad, but we carry our biases with us when we work with the otherworlds.

how does the milky way not having a penis or vagina have anything to do with beings? I dont want to draw conclusions by what you say.. dirt in essence can be equated to our flesh but has nothing to do with our soul nor is it equal in any shape or form.. Im looking for how you are tieing the concepts together but, I also havent heard one experience mentioned as of yet.. Speak to me by experience.