Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-07-2011, 04:10 PM
SenyxPanda

"Old Souls" and Past Lives

Okay. Yeah. Thanks for reading this in advance.

My friend (who shall not be named until otherwise) has told me before that I have an "old soul" and I don't really know what that means. I think it means that I've been in many previous lives than others. Can someone tell me what it means?

And the other thing. Past lives. I believe I might have had a past life in an asian country. Why? Because I'm OBSESSED with culture, animals, clothing, and so forth that has originated over there. So could that be one of my past lives?

Thanks again. Rachel.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Enlightener

Hi Rachel,

I've heard it said that if you are an old soul it simply means it has taken you longer to learn things, to evolve. Depressing eh? I've been told I am an old soul, but then again I can be quite thick! haha.

Basically it has taken you longer to evolve to this level.

I also have the fascination with Asian culture, and believe I had a past life there. If it feels true for you then it is. Unless it isn't. Your choice ;)

I thought you're name was Sexy Panda, and I was like mmmm, then I was disappointed that it wasn't that. lol
Old 09-07-2011, 05:43 PM
SenyxPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
Hi Rachel,

I've heard it said that if you are an old soul it simply means it has taken you longer to learn things, to evolve. Depressing eh? I've been told I am an old soul, but then again I can be quite thick! haha.

Basically it has taken you longer to evolve to this level.

I also have the fascination with Asian culture, and believe I had a past life there. If it feels true for you then it is. Unless it isn't. Your choice ;)

I thought you're name was Sexy Panda, and I was like mmmm, then I was disappointed that it wasn't that. lol

lol :) Maybe we knew each other in a past life.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Experiencer
Hi Panda,

I think that usually, when someone uses the phrase "old soul", they use it to mean a soul who has lived many lifetimes and gathered a kind of soul-level spiritual wisdom which shines through. I am sure this is what your friend meant, and that it was intended as a compliment.

In reality, there is no such qualification, because the number of lifetimes we have had as a soul really doesn't mean anything. As Enlightener said, having had many lifetimes doesn't necessarily mean we are better or wiser than anyone else - indeed, we may have had many lifetimes because we failed to successfully complete goals or lessons and kept having to repeat them. Some highly evolved spirits I have come across have had only a few lifetimes on Earth while others have had hundreds, and our goals for Earthly life as well as our capacity for learning and our desire to return or lack thereof can all affect the number of lives we have.

And yes, I think if you find yourself very in love with a particular culture, that could very well be an indication that you have lived in it before. I feel that way about a particular time period and I know that I spent a previous lifetime there.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM
SenyxPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Hi Panda,

I think that usually, when someone uses the phrase "old soul", they use it to mean a soul who has lived many lifetimes and gathered a kind of soul-level spiritual wisdom which shines through. I am sure this is what your friend meant, and that it was intended as a compliment.

In reality, there is no such qualification, because the number of lifetimes we have had as a soul really doesn't mean anything. As Enlightener said, having had many lifetimes doesn't necessarily mean we are better or wiser than anyone else - indeed, we may have had many lifetimes because we failed to successfully complete goals or lessons and kept having to repeat them. Some highly evolved spirits I have come across have had only a few lifetimes on Earth while others have had hundreds, and our goals for Earthly life as well as our capacity for learning and our desire to return or lack thereof can all affect the number of lives we have.

And yes, I think if you find yourself very in love with a particular culture, that could very well be an indication that you have lived in it before. I feel that way about a particular time period and I know that I spent a previous lifetime there.

Thanks Westleigh for that information. :)
Old 10-07-2011, 06:14 AM
spiritmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenyxPanda

My friend (who shall not be named until otherwise) has told me before that I have an "old soul" and I don't really know what that means. I think it means that I've been in many previous lives than others. Can someone tell me what it means?

And the other thing. Past lives. I believe I might have had a past life in an asian country. Why? Because I'm OBSESSED with culture, animals, clothing, and so forth that has originated over there. So could that be one of my past lives?

Thanks again. Rachel.

Hi SenyxPanda,

From my understanding of souls, the concept of an old soul is on that has been "around the block" of times. That is to say one that has lived 10, 15 or more lives before actually being attached to the beings that we are today, but more important than the number of times is the lessons learned during those lifetimes.

Old souls may seem wise beyond their physical years, may have less concern with possessions (I don't need the Mercedes as the Ford works for me), may be looking to help others develop in life, and are generally understanding that we are all on this planet together and that we are just humans (at this point) regardless of status.

As for past lives, I believe that certain things may resonate with us because of the experiences of our souls. You may be drawn to Eastern Culture because your soul experienced something that made an impact during that time. For me, it's the Civil War era and Germany during World War 2.

Just my point of view on it.

With Love,
Spirit Monk
Old 10-07-2011, 01:17 PM
mattie

Multiple Incarnations

An ‘old soul’ is one that has had many incarnations. These can be many more than we might imagine!!! These may have occurred places other than this planet.

It is very likely that you’re recognizing a past link w/ Asia. TRUST your gut feelings about this.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM
moke64916

Quote:

Thanks again. Rachel.
I'm 21 but I feel a lot older than 21. I have wisdom and experience that most people my age do not have, unless they do. An old soul does not necessarily mean how old your soul is, but how much you have learned through your soul life. There can be two souls born the same day with the same number if past lives, but one might progress further than the other.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
SenyxPanda

Thanks everyone! ^__^

Thanks to my pendulum, I've figured out that my most recent past life was in Japan, he (or should I say I?) was male and was born into royalty!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
spiritmonk

Quote:
Thanks everyone! ^__^

Thanks to my pendulum, I've figured out that my most recent past life was in Japan, he (or should I say I?) was male and was born into royalty!

Please tell us more about how you learned about your recent past life. What specific things in your current life resonate with you and your past life?

With Love,
Spirit Monk