Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 24-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Pathfinder

Placebo effect ?

I was just asking myself all these questions about healing and whether they actually work or are they just the ‘placebo effect’. Like i know belief plays a mjoy part in healing but what if you dont have that belief. I heard that some people who started EFT didnt believe in such practices but once they started doing it, it changed their lives. But when i try them they dont seem to work? I feel stuck sometimes and i wonder if i will ever heal from traumas. I feel this strange feeling in my tummy when i think that this is all just a placebo effect and not real, it makes me feel very sad
Old 24-05-2018, 04:32 PM
Pathfinder

Continued.. even believing in angels. What if its just what i want to believe and isnt true but weird thing is i have been facing a lot of issues with trauma coming up and past habits and then i recieved a grey and white feather whicj was unusual hahahah
Old 25-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Master
Hi Blossomingsoul, welcome to the forums. What a beautiful name you have chosen for yourself.

I have seen this conversation before. Where energy healing such as Reiki is just placebo, and it doesn't really work. You can't heal cancer with it. It's a fraud. People are scamming. Blah blah blah.

So I will take a moment to reply to you. The problem people have with healing is that they do not understand what healing is. The confusion itself lies in the terminology. The assumption on healing is that it's the same as curing. Well they are not one and the same. Curing is finite. It's black and white. It either is, or it isn't.

Healing is a bigger, more complex word, in the sense that it covers a much broader spectrum of being and health. Because we are complex individuals. We are more than our physical shells. The body is only a part of ourselves. There is the mind. The body. The spirit. The energy body, such as the aura. Healing encompasses all of them rolled into one. As we are all of them, rolled into one. Healing covers them all to bring balance to a body that maybe out of balance, and then when it goes into balance, healing is used to maintain that state and help keep the body in optimum wellness. Western medicine likes to only focus on the topical symptoms as they come up, and not at the deeper root of the issue to begin with. It's why so many don't truly get better health.

And it's important to note that healing is not curing. Sometimes something can't be cured. So healing helps the person find peace, and helps them get out of the internal struggle of having the issue, and find ways and strength to live with it. While it doesn't run or control their life life anymore. Through healing they become able to take back their life. Shifting from victim mindset to empowered. At the same time, it is also possible to achieve a cure of something too. When the being is in harmony. Miracles can truly take place.

If something is "placebo" and helps you feel better just by the fact that you took it, and you know it will help you. Then it is still healing. As much as western medicine looks at placebo as a dirty word. As the mind is a big part of healing, and changing thoughts can bring about real lasting healing.

Which brings this to things like EFT, which are about using affirmations to change the thought patterns of the individual so they can change their negative thinking, that is holding them down, and help them affirm they are loved, and create a positive mindset. EFT is going to work more on the mental aspect of things first, before it works on the physical. It will also work on the physical at times as the tapping works on the meridians that send Chi/prana/energy all through the body clearing them out from blocks in energy.

Hope this helps, and if there is anything else you want to know, feel free to ask. I don't normally bite.
Old 25-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Hi Blossomingsoul, welcome to the forums. What a beautiful name you have chosen for yourself.

I have seen this conversation before. Where energy healing such as Reiki is just placebo, and it doesn't really work. You can't heal cancer with it. It's a fraud. People are scamming. Blah blah blah.

So I will take a moment to reply to you. The problem people have with healing is that they do not understand what healing is. The confusion itself lies in the terminology. The assumption on healing is that it's the same as curing. Well they are not one and the same. Curing is finite. It's black and white. It either is, or it isn't.

Healing is a bigger, more complex word, in the sense that it covers a much broader spectrum of being and health. Because we are complex individuals. We are more than our physical shells. The body is only a part of ourselves. There is the mind. The body. The spirit. The energy body, such as the aura. Healing encompasses all of them rolled into one. As we are all of them, rolled into one. Healing covers them all to bring balance to a body that maybe out of balance, and then when it goes into balance, healing is used to maintain that state and help keep the body in optimum wellness. Western medicine likes to only focus on the topical symptoms as they come up, and not at the deeper root of the issue to begin with. It's why so many don't truly get better health.

And it's important to note that healing is not curing. Sometimes something can't be cured. So healing helps the person find peace, and helps them get out of the internal struggle of having the issue, and find ways and strength to live with it. While it doesn't run or control their life life anymore. Through healing they become able to take back their life. Shifting from victim mindset to empowered. At the same time, it is also possible to achieve a cure of something too. When the being is in harmony. Miracles can truly take place.

If something is "placebo" and helps you feel better just by the fact that you took it, and you know it will help you. Then it is still healing. As much as western medicine looks at placebo as a dirty word. As the mind is a big part of healing, and changing thoughts can bring about real lasting healing.

Which brings this to things like EFT, which are about using affirmations to change the thought patterns of the individual so they can change their negative thinking, that is holding them down, and help them affirm they are loved, and create a positive mindset. EFT is going to work more on the mental aspect of things first, before it works on the physical. It will also work on the physical at times as the tapping works on the meridians that send Chi/prana/energy all through the body clearing them out from blocks in energy.

Hope this helps, and if there is anything else you want to know, feel free to ask. I don't normally bite.

Thank you and i really appreciate your reply ☺️ I am quite new to this spiritual journey. I’ve always questioned things since i was a child but recently ever since i discovered this journey, i’ve questioned a lot more. Don’t want to bore you at all. Somedays all my past issues or traumas come up and i just allow them to be there with the mindset that i am healing myself. I’ve always been attracted to healing methods but i am still unsure whether it is the right path. Not sure how to explain the way i feel
Old 25-05-2018, 11:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingsoull97
Thank you and i really appreciate your reply ☺️ I am quite new to this spiritual journey. I’ve always questioned things since i was a child but recently ever since i discovered this journey, i’ve questioned a lot more. Don’t want to bore you at all. Somedays all my past issues or traumas come up and i just allow them to be there with the mindset that i am healing myself. I’ve always been attracted to healing methods but i am still unsure whether it is the right path. Not sure how to explain the way i feel

One of the things I have learned over the years, interacting and talking with people. Is we all get to where we choose to be when we are ready to do so. In other words today, tomorrow, next month, it may not be the right path for you at that time. It may not be the right time for you for quite some time. When you get there, you will know when it is the right time. We all go at our own pace.

You're still starting the journey of this life. There is no rush. Explore. Be adventurous. And use this time to learn. Soak it all up. Just enjoy life. Then when you find what you are looking for. You will be ready to start that journey.
Old 27-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
One of the things I have learned over the years, interacting and talking with people. Is we all get to where we choose to be when we are ready to do so. In other words today, tomorrow, next month, it may not be the right path for you at that time. It may not be the right time for you for quite some time. When you get there, you will know when it is the right time. We all go at our own pace.

You're still starting the journey of this life. There is no rush. Explore. Be adventurous. And use this time to learn. Soak it all up. Just enjoy life. Then when you find what you are looking for. You will be ready to start that journey.

Thank you it is quite exciting because i find peace in this path. But also no path has ever made me face the traumas i have suffered from or the habits that once used to help me survive. Now i just want to be free and live a life full of love. Just find myself facing quite a lot. I feel like once i heal all of this then i will ne able to find my purpose in life. Is it okay if i ask if you have healed the traumas you may have suffered from or the bad habits? Is so, how ?
Old 27-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you it is quite exciting because i find peace in this path. But also no path has ever made me face the traumas i have suffered from or the habits that once used to help me survive. Now i just want to be free and live a life full of love. Just find myself facing quite a lot. I feel like once i heal all of this then i will ne able to find my purpose in life. Is it okay if i ask if you have healed the traumas you may have suffered from or the bad habits? Is so, how ?

When we start to heal the baggage in our lives, the chains that hold us down, we will start to find purpose and open up to so much more in our life. Our baggage/chains limit us, and our perspectives. We don't see clearly when we are blinded by it.

It is OK to ask those questions. It is how we learn and grow, by asking things we are unsure of. To hear another person's take on it. I don't think there is ever an end to the journey of healing. We are always healing and growing and changing. It's part of life. I'm nothing like I was 5 years ago. And I am far removed from who I was 10 years ago. 10 years from now, I won't even recognize the person I am today. Life is so mysterious and ever changing.

As such my healing work I do on myself, and help others with, is ever changing and growing. There isn't one thing I do for it. It encompasses so much. The biggest things that have helped and really started me on the journey of healing, was working with crystals. Carrying them with me. Sitting with them. And just letting their energy infuse me, and help me on my journey of healing. Crystals then expanded to attending crystal bowl meditations. And those, are fantastic, and they played huge parts in clearing up the body and helping me heal.

On top of all of that, I started working with Reiki. While I have been a Reiki master for 11 years now, I was able to around 2 years ago, have Reiki done on myself in person. That was wow! And really helped me to see how powerful and wonderful energy healing and Reiki truly is. Reiki has been life changing for me.

From there, I was able to meet with a shaman, and have a soul retrieval done on me, and that was extremely powerful in my healing. And working with the shaman, I have been able to do lots of shadow work on myself, and that has taken my healing of self to deeper levels than I even knew about.

Lately, I have been working with affirmations, EFT, to help change negative thinking, and mindset, into a more positive and uplifting.

My healing journey is ever evolving, and ever changing, and I am enjoying the ride. It's been incredible, and I am able to step more into my authentic self, and it has been so worth it.
Old 27-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
I was just asking myself all these questions about healing and whether they actually work or are they just the ‘placebo effect’. Like i know belief plays a mjoy part in healing but what if you dont have that belief. I heard that some people who started EFT didnt believe in such practices but once they started doing it, it changed their lives. But when i try them they dont seem to work? I feel stuck sometimes and i wonder if i will ever heal from traumas. I feel this strange feeling in my tummy when i think that this is all just a placebo effect and not real, it makes me feel very sad
When I worked as a licensed psychotherapist, I am now retired; I used an eclectic approach; which means I employed a number of techniques and not just one or two. Most psychotherapist become married to one approach, they are Freudian psychotherapist, Gestalt therapists, behavior therapists, NLP therapists, and recently EFT therapists, etc.

There are literally hundreds of different schools of psychotherapy worldwide all using different methods and techniques. In my opinion, most therapists who only employ one or two methods usually fits the patient to those one or two methods. But as an eclectic therapist you use a allot of methods, using the best one's that fit’s the patients personality, etc. Society generally uses behavior techniques on everyone, reward and punishment, but that does not work for everyone.

Yes, I am bias towards using an eclectic approach but I also see the benefits in a singular approach. Although to me, the singular approach says one size fits all. This is not something that I embrace. I believe that each person has an individual, and unique, puzzle that they need to unravel, or put together, and each person needs a unique approach to their unique puzzle.

Now I applaud EFT’s for many reasons, not the least is that it seems to be helping some people, and also it is an “affective” approach, which is different from a cognitive approach. Most psychotherapies use cognitive techniques. But people have to find what works for them, and just because it works for others does not mean it will work for me. I believe that combining allot of different techniques is most beneficial.

I used to teach classes on various psychological techniques at the University of Colorado; including behavior modification techniques, rational emotive therapy, psychoanalysis, humanistic psychology, existential psychology, transactional analysis, etc., etc. An I also embrace spiritual development from an eclectic approach. But I do not consider myself an expert on any of what I’ve just mentioned. I am still learning.

Most patients heal themselves and the therapist just acts as a mirror. It is the same with spiritual teachers. I do not believe that one form of treatment will work for everyone; this is also true in the medical profession. One popular medical treatment does not work for everyone. This is also true in spiritual development, and that is why there are so many religions and spiritual approaches to spiritual development.

We look at other people for clues of what we should do, or should not do, but if you develop a good working relationship with your own deeper being, it will guide you true, and in no certain way tell you what you should do or not do. Human beings have more in common than they do that is different but we all still have our very own uniqueness. Finding what will work for you is part of the search in your spiritual journey.

Any approach to therapy, in my opinion, should include a background analysis, or patient history, and you can do this by writing your own autobiography. Doing that in an of itself will shed some light. Take a month or so to write a thoughtful autobiography, and then look for the patterns in what you have written. If you decide to go into therapy share your autobiography with your therapist. For most of us, the journey of self-transformation can be life long.
Old 27-05-2018, 09:12 PM
Master

"placebo effect" is conventional medicine's way of disparaging what they don't understand.

Each one of us creates their own reality, including health and sickness. Your subconscious builds it for you from the blueprint of your beliefs, thoughts, emotions.

If you truly believe something, that doesn't contradict physical laws, it gets to your subconscious who starts building it.
Old 28-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
When we start to heal the baggage in our lives, the chains that hold us down, we will start to find purpose and open up to so much more in our life. Our baggage/chains limit us, and our perspectives. We don't see clearly when we are blinded by it.

It is OK to ask those questions. It is how we learn and grow, by asking things we are unsure of. To hear another person's take on it. I don't think there is ever an end to the journey of healing. We are always healing and growing and changing. It's part of life. I'm nothing like I was 5 years ago. And I am far removed from who I was 10 years ago. 10 years from now, I won't even recognize the person I am today. Life is so mysterious and ever changing.

As such my healing work I do on myself, and help others with, is ever changing and growing. There isn't one thing I do for it. It encompasses so much. The biggest things that have helped and really started me on the journey of healing, was working with crystals. Carrying them with me. Sitting with them. And just letting their energy infuse me, and help me on my journey of healing. Crystals then expanded to attending crystal bowl meditations. And those, are fantastic, and they played huge parts in clearing up the body and helping me heal.

On top of all of that, I started working with Reiki. While I have been a Reiki master for 11 years now, I was able to around 2 years ago, have Reiki done on myself in person. That was wow! And really helped me to see how powerful and wonderful energy healing and Reiki truly is. Reiki has been life changing for me.

From there, I was able to meet with a shaman, and have a soul retrieval done on me, and that was extremely powerful in my healing. And working with the shaman, I have been able to do lots of shadow work on myself, and that has taken my healing of self to deeper levels than I even knew about.

Lately, I have been working with affirmations, EFT, to help change negative thinking, and mindset, into a more positive and uplifting.

My healing journey is ever evolving, and ever changing, and I am enjoying the ride. It's been incredible, and I am able to step more into my authentic self, and it has been so worth it.

You are so inspiring 😭 i dont really feel as lonely or lost as i used to now so thank you. Yes we are always evolving. I am not who i was used to be and i completely love and accept that. I’ve been wanting to work on shadow work and i think a lot of my past issues were coming up because of this and ive been trying to heal myself with love but some days it does get difficult because i can get impatient but i will learn. I have one crystal: snow flake obsidian. I remember holding it in my hand when i was feeling very anxious and i just felt all of my worries melting away. It was truly amazing. There are some days i do not feel like meditating or anything like that as i get quite lazy but maybe its just because i’m uncovering something and so my mind is resisting this. Hm.