Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Ravenspirit

When I was a kid I used to see dead people all the time, have running conversations with them even, thinking they were real people. Until my Mom or someone would look at me like I was crazy and tell me there was nobody there if I tried to explain. I had a lot of imaginary friends when I was little, apparently. :P I grew up. I learned not to look so closely, to ignore. Mostly they leave me alone now. By choice my uh "receiver" is permanently off the hook and I do think they realize that.
Old 15-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Ascender

How clearly do you see them now? The landlady at my pub says she sees spirits just out of the corner of her eye. She says she comes from a spiritualist family. She also tells them to go away!
She just denies her gifts according to her sisters
Old 15-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
You know your loved one. You know the 'feel' of their character....their particular energy. It's like a unique scent (not literally of course, but that's the best word I can find to describe their energy-signature)
Okay, so you send out your love on that wavelength. Holding that loved one in your heart and mind in a strong but light way. That means you are not demanding that they come to you, you are not demanding of any result or do anything. You are just sending your love to connect with them heart-to-heart and to show them you know they still live and you still love them.
Unconditional. No conditions. Just because it's love and because you feel it. Do it, bless them, then let go and get on with something else, while not entirely shutting them out of your heart.

The next thing does not and cannot -always happen. But it sometimes does. And that is, some time afterwards you may feel/sense a 'response' from them. When that response comes it will feel like suddenly out of the blue, they are there, close to you. You sense them....you 'scent' them! It may only last a couple of seconds, or it may last for hours. But time doesn't really matter. You connected. Your heart will absolutely rise up and will probably want to come out of your chest. Bless them, tell them you will always be there for them, and will always love them. They will fade away most likely but may visit again.
And when that happens, there will be no shadow of a doubt.

That kind of connection is completely harmless to both, as it is from the heart and brings joy and hope.

Yes they can connect with you in dreams also. Those sorts of dreams are strong ones not easily forgotten, and they often wake you up at an odd time of night.

You see, Tobi, where I struggle is that we can all have warm, fuzzy feelings when we think of our loved ones...It's a big leap for me to identify that they are still sentient and trying to contact just because I feel that warmth.
Now if they appear visually then I may take that step..but how do I know that it isn't my own brain creating that image?
Old 15-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemw
Love what is here and when that soul disappears materially on this earth, have you been able to communicate beyond? If so how? If not, how do you try & how you received messages through another being? how does that make you feel? Are you ready?

Hello

I am of two trains of thought the Soul is a part of our being that is a separate part from the physical person we are. We have a Spirit that is the part of us that hold our essence after death of whom we were in life. The Soul has had many a different incarnation and it is with us for us to give it a path of more growth along the path to what is called Enlightenment. Upon death the Soul and the Spirit leave on separate paths.

I am a Medium and I fully embrace that in itself is open to great debate on being real and possible. I was not given the choice on this path I came in to this life on this path. Born into it all and I had to find my footings with it all and learn to accept it as possible and real to me. Trust me I fought it early on and I begged to have it all gone from me, to finally come to embrace there was a lot of good I could do for others (without profits) in bring them peace.

How does it work for me I have come to embrace its all energy its a vibration that is on a different dimensional plane that I have access too. That I can tap into and they can tap into with me. Its a flow back and forth and maybe in some ways a sharing of energy. I can work with those in Spirit with all the 5 senses in play and I tap into the 6th sense that what I call the Paranormal Sense to connect it all as one.

For me I have never had to try, I simply am that open portal so to speak that has no door to close it off. I am there for those that just pop in and out that say Hi or WOW you can see me and are gone. I am there to open to one's that ask in the living for me to try and get a message from a passed loved one. I am there for the passed that need help at times with their death event. At times to bring a family closure when someone is missing and at times bring home remains for that closure, or to solve at times the events of their passing.

How is it done communications on all the levels that we as the living can communicate things. The 5 senses are alive and well with the other worlds for us to tap into at times, but that is not always the nicest of gifts.

Interesting question how does it make you feel, its about being emotionally balanced as its not all love and light there is a lot of darkness out there too that we have to work with. We have be be able to know that there are not nice events out there that we will encounter and not claim it as ours. We have to be able to separate us from the events of the dead. So most times after a reading much is not remembered being said. That is how we do not get over burdened.

I remember my Son saying to me when he was 4 "man does some horrible things to his fellow man" and then telling me of a vision he had that was a real murder event. He had no trauma around what he say, like he came in with the understandings he was able to do this work. Now a teen he is fine with what comes to him as he says "it is not mine". I never had that as a child, I had the path of struggles but I bless that path now.

Are you ready, most trust me are not ready to open those doors as they feel its all good that comes with it. It is not a game it is a gift to be respected. It was not til I had children and was in my 40's that I fully took on the role of whom I am and what I can do. It is a gift I was given and with that it comes with a lot of respects I owe to it.

It take a lot of self confidence to be able to say honestly "I see dead people" and be open to those that accept and those that do not accept. To be able at times to stand in front of an audience and do readings. Knowing full well your going to have a heckler or skeptic in the audience and have to deal with that on a professional level.

Knowing too that sadly like all paths in life there are those that do not walk a nice path with what can be 'faked", but embrace that Karma is there to rule over that aspects.

Lynn
Old 15-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Ascender

Hi lynne

Please could you elaborate on the bit about souls & spirits on separate paths?
Old 24-07-2015, 05:19 PM
jakinthebox

I would be delighted if my mum would come to me in my dreams. And actually, even if it was just a dream I could draw comfort from it. Is there anything I can do to encourage contact of any sort. I would love to hear your different thoughts on this. I meditate and practise Reiki, but that is really the extent of my "spirituality".
Old 28-07-2015, 01:15 PM
teresa

Connecting with loved ones

I liked all your post's. I just lost my adult son on the 5th. He went to sleep and died I would like to hear from him
Old 28-07-2015, 01:21 PM
teresa

I'm in such grief. My son was fighting a mental illness for many years. For some time I was his only friend. We were so close and bonded. Why hasn't he contacted me.??
Old 28-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Ascender

Im sorry no one has come back to you yet; I can really empathise, only with me I am the son and it's my mother who has gone. Ive struggled at times with my mental health too. We often don't realise that our mothers & fathers are the best friends we will ever have.

Im at the start of a journey for answers so I cant offer much practical help but I would offer this; if you look at the forum for Books (lower down on the main forum menu) you will find a thread "a comprehensive list of afterlife books" that I started. Many of those books have been a great comfort to me and I am at least open to the idea of life after death. Have a look through, there some I have particularly recommended and Id be happy to answer further questions on any of the books. If I could recommend you just a few to start with it would be Julia Assante's Last Frontier, David Fontana's Is There An Afterlife, Bob Olsen's Answers About The Afterlife, Craig Hogan's Your Eternal Self, Michael Tymn's The Afterlife Revealed. And any of the Michael Newton books
Old 29-07-2015, 03:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Teresa I am so very sorry for your separation from your son. He will contact you.. As much as you need to hear from him, his need to communicate to you is just as strong. Love endures all obstacles .