Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
It's just those little, personal, intimate details that are the most evidential of contact with the great beyond, Keiko.

It always makes me laugh when someone disparages a medium's statement, such as, "The spirit, your grandmother, remembers how you loved Tony, that toy pony with the polka dots: and she called you Mr. Marvel!": when the recipient is 72 years old and there's not a single person alive who knows about the toy pony, or that "Mr. Marvel" was a nickname only his long-deceased grandmother ever called him!

Jim

when i last went to the spirit church, the medium who was speaking that particular night must of said similar wording to everyone she spoke to (but added in a tiny few extras) a couple of my friends were like "Wow" but i just looked and wasnt convinced at all, she must of told at least 5 people. "Cause your not the type to just sit around are you, you like to be busy" using the same line to everyone isnt going to convince people. i prefer intimate details that no one else could possibly guess - sadly you seldom here those details though.

saying that had my gt granny called me Mr Marvel and i had a polka dot pony called Tony, and a medium came out with all those details id be jumping about ecstatic thinking Houston we have contact
Old 30-01-2012, 04:42 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
when i last went to the spirit church, the medium who was speaking that particular night must of said similar wording to everyone she spoke to (but added in a tiny few extras) a couple of my friends were like "Wow" but i just looked and wasnt convinced at all, she must of told at least 5 people. "Cause your not the type to just sit around are you, you like to be busy" using the same line to everyone isnt going to convince people. i prefer intimate details that no one else could possibly guess - sadly you seldom here those details though.

saying that had my gt granny called me Mr Marvel and i had a polka dot pony called Tony, and a medium came out with all those details id be jumping about ecstatic thinking Houston we have contact

Just as telling people information that's in the public domain - what college they graduated from, for example - is far less evidential than telling them what their dog's name was, or the nickname their grandfather called them, when they were 5 years old.

Jim
Old 30-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Master
I am sorry for your loss too Keiko. I would hope that a way is found for you two to come in contact with each other because it means so much to you and your dad meant so much to you, but in the meantime maybe if it is hurting you too much perhaps you can employ another method to your practices, such as eft, which can help us be more accepting of ourselves and our current world positions I guess you could say.. it's wonderful for a great many things, even often seeming to enlighten us with answers we didn't know we knew.. there's a whole section of it here on the forum or a thread about it in the Healing section too
Old 30-01-2012, 04:43 PM
SaraSeeker

LOL LeftBehind, love your post "houton we have contact"!!!!!!

I agree with you, I think being aware of this helps because we can trust in our own feelings when being given info by a medium whether it is real or not. Too many people that don't really understand this are desperate for a connection with a loved one are unfortunately hoodwinked into believing the medium is for real when they are not and that is so wrong.

There are so very many gifted mediums out there that truely wish to help people out.

peace out in unity and respect
Old 30-01-2012, 07:00 PM
deepsea

Keiko,your dad is close to you.
Don't think because you cannot see him,he is not with you,hun.

Try what I do,I visualise my husband as I remember him when he was healthy and funny. He always made me laugh.
Talk to your dad,I talk to hubby,his armchair is still in the corner so I look at it,talk as if he was still sitting there.
While I am doing this,I can visualise (not see him) but his face as he looked the last time we had a good laugh together.
Amazing how that works.....
Deepsea. xx
Old 30-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Pathfinder
thanks everyone - oh dont worry about me, im doing fine now im pretty focused on having a much happier year this year. grief just bogs you down and takes you to this "not very nice place" and when you have kids its not fair on them, so onwards and upwards, perhaps it is my beliefs that does make me feel like this - im just holding out that one day i will get what im after.

what does eft stand for sapphirez please?
saraseeker - couldnt agree more thats why i do always look for specifics, i never go to church wanting a message as id never lost anyone but i was intrigued with what they were telling my friend because like you say they focus on the 2 positives and forget about the 8 negatives they were told.....
Deepsea, im sure he is close and one day he will knock one of his many pictures over i have of him. we always talked about signs yrs before he was ever ill so he knows what im after and i trust him.
thanks all
Keiko :-)
Old 31-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Celeste

i find when we are still in the "rawness" of grief, our loved ones can't communicate with us. it's like any psychic phenoma, the more we breathe and relax, the more they come to us. when i work (in the nursing home where my mom was before she passed three years ago march 1s) if i am working with someone, chatting, rushing to get done, nothing happens. but when i work alone, taking my time, not getting flustered, i see ghosts.

the day before my mom died, i told her to please go to heaven, because i couldn't take seeing her suffer anymore.

i think when a person has a hard time of it before they die, it gets them to heaven (the next level) quicker, AFTER they first go to the healing temple. also, some people, after they pass, stay for their own funerals (my mom did) before they go. then others, when they pass, they go asap! everyone's different.

just know your dad is exactly where he is supposed to be, and he will visit/communicate with you when the time is right. when you go to bed every night, tell him (or any other relative/friend that has passed and you love) that they are welcome to visit you in your dreams. and a rule of thumb for those visiting, if you have a nightmare about them, it is your own subconscience coming to terms with something. but if it is a happy dream, it is them

you have my sympathy, and remember, IT IS ALL GOOD.
Old 31-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Celeste

by the way, they are "good" ghosts. one is a nun who passed, who worked in dietary, a loving soul, who comes to supervise me every once and a while, lol, and i don't mind it!

also, sometimes they have a bit of trouble adjusting to the new energies. the way it is sometimes hard to adjust to new eyeglasses.
Old 31-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
i find when we are still in the "rawness" of grief, our loved ones can't communicate with us. it's like any psychic phenoma, the more we breathe and relax, the more they come to us. when i work (in the nursing home where my mom was before she passed three years ago march 1s) if i am working with someone, chatting, rushing to get done, nothing happens. but when i work alone, taking my time, not getting flustered, i see ghosts.

the day before my mom died, i told her to please go to heaven, because i couldn't take seeing her suffer anymore.

i think when a person has a hard time of it before they die, it gets them to heaven (the next level) quicker, AFTER they first go to the healing temple. also, some people, after they pass, stay for their own funerals (my mom did) before they go. then others, when they pass, they go asap! everyone's different.

just know your dad is exactly where he is supposed to be, and he will visit/communicate with you when the time is right. when you go to bed every night, tell him (or any other relative/friend that has passed and you love) that they are welcome to visit you in your dreams. and a rule of thumb for those visiting, if you have a nightmare about them, it is your own subconscience coming to terms with something. but if it is a happy dream, it is them

you have my sympathy, and remember, IT IS ALL GOOD.

Excellent advice, all around, Celeste!

Jim
Old 01-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Celeste

thank you! interesting name, left behind.