Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
In the near 100 odd books I have read re the afterlife, I have never seen even a single sentence that posits cremation as a negative. Sounds like ill judged superstition, my friend

One of two things happen, either we simply cease to exist or we don't and consciousness leaves the body. Irrespective the body is no longer required and it makes no difference whatever happens so long as its respectful

Personally, I prefer cremation - I have a fear of being buried alive!! So that will make sure!!

I am far more comfortable with the idea of my mum and dad's bodies reduced to ash than I am them in coffins decomposing BUT at the end of the day, this is more for me than them - 'They' certainly aren't there - they are nowhere or they are elsewhere but they are not in their remains!
well first of all. I'm not lying. I never told you or anyone else that I read this in a book. I join apps, groups and some of them feel that creamation is a horrible thing to do. I just came on this group to find out what you all thought about it. So I really don't care how many books you read. I'm just trying to learn like everyone else. I never would make something like this up. Hope you have a nice day😒😒
Old 14-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeithbaker
I'm just trying to learn like everyone else.

And that is about the best you can do. Find the standards that resonate best with you. Discover your own inner thruth.

Step by step.

And there is always room for improvement.

Always.

Old 14-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Ascender

What a disgraceful reply to my well meaning response! How bloody rude!
There isn't a single bit that I say the poster was lying or making stuff up AT ALL. I was just trying to reassure that's all

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!
Old 01-11-2023, 03:51 PM
Knower

Not wanting to die intestate and being middle-aged, I thought it was about time I got around to having a Last Will & Testament drafted by a legal professional, and so it was that back in the Spring I contacted a law firm to do just that.

As I gleaned from this experience, part of being a will-maker involves deciding what is to be done with your body once rigor mortis has set in, and making sure to state said wishes somewhere in these estate planning documents.

For a brief moment, I considered having my corpse cryogenically frozen, until I learned upon researching this modern practice of it being not all that common a one, not to mention not all that feasible. Would I really want to awaken, say 50 or 100 years from now, to a world far more technologically dystopian than this one, anyway?

That I do not want my cadaver donated to science for study left basically two options open to me: burial vs. cremation. An intense study of both of these cemeterial customs thus began for me, all the while as I went about weighing the pros and cons of each of these after-death avenues.

What I was surprised to learn with regard to cremation is how polarized cultures are in their opinion of it -- commonly practiced and thought highly of in the Orient, for example, whereas within the Jewish religious tradition it is generally regarded as a grave taboo.

This latter idea of cremation, as being the equivalent of a slap in the face of God, should a believer chose to incinerate His holy creation upon their passing, can be found within the Christian faith as well.

Interestingly, however, not every Bible-believing theocrat is in agreement on this, with some Christians thinking nothing of having their ashes thrown to the wind; their feeling being that the body is simply a container and, according to Scripture, a sinfully contaminated one at that, most deserving of being reduced to fine dust once the spirit has left nothing but an empty shell behind. God, these ones reason, is more than capable of bringing back to life a cremated believer as He is an interred one.

Despite this theological debate being an issue with some people, it is no concern of mine, although I am curious, having been brought up a Demiurge worshiper: If, indeed, the faithful are given a new (glorified) body at the time of their being restored to a paradise earth, can this supernatural act really be considered a true 'resurrection'? This sounds to me more like re-creation, rendering what allegedly happened on the cross a moot event.

Whatever the case, a sibling of mine, a woman whose mind is focused on inheriting the Kingdom, has opted for scattered cremains; a personal decision which has caused great distress to my mother, who would like very much for her daughter to have a localized resting place and a memorial marker and thus a better chance of being resurrected.

As for myself, after much careful consideration, I've ruled out burial, and not merely on account of cremation being less expensive. Another reason I've chosen a funeral urn over a pine box is so as to prevent me from being reanimated, uneasy I am with being doomed to wander the earth as a zombie; a worry of mine that has now been laid to rest thanks to my decision to go with the crematorium.

I've also specified to the mortician that I do not want a 'showing.' The thought of morbid voyeurs coming to visit me at the funeral parlor, if only to brush my bangs to the side, makes me quite uncomfortable.

The only question left for me is whether I should want to spend the money to buy a fancy vase-like urn for my cremains to be kept in or if this is simply an unnecessary expense.

All my funeral costs have otherwise been pre-paid, including my graveyard plot (it's always good to plan for the future), and as such it's a comfort to know that my cadaver won't be disrespectfully tossed into a mass pit.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:02 PM
I registered with a Cadaver - Medical Univ Facility that will be anywhere in an hour to get the body...
hospital, morgue, my home.....
Info is on my refrigerator.
You don't even have to register.
You can google places.
After they are done with the body ...usually in a month the ashes are sent to whomever.
Cost $$ nothing...no muss or fuss for those left behind.

Now, if the body is mangled in a car accident - that invalids that plan.

So in my city $495 - they come to get the body and cremate.
Easy peasy...they make more money with all the fluff they try to sell you.

I think I will type out a Notarized paper saying all this...and make copies.
Forgot about that...ya wanna simplify things for people.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2023, 06:14 PM
Guide

Ive stated in my will that I wish to be cremated and my ashes put in a flowerpot on my (real) fathers grave.
Cremation will be paid for from the sale of my house with everything else going to my half brother.(Easy,peasy).
Old 01-11-2023, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Ive stated in my will that I wish to be cremated and my ashes put in a flowerpot on my (real) fathers grave.
Cremation will be paid for from the sale of my house with everything else going to my half brother.(Easy,peasy).
Well, pls tell your imp people to read the Will fast then...and where it is.
''A will can be examined roughly two weeks after the character dies. This is on average..."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2023, 07:26 PM
Guide

My Will is with my solicitor who my half brother knows about.

My solicitor has been instructed but TBH I'll have passed away so it's not my problem.
Old 06-11-2023, 06:29 AM
Ascender

Cremation does not prevent the soul from crossing over. The soul leaves the body shortly after death. The physical body becomes just an empty shell that begins to decay after death.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:56 AM
chongjasmine

I am a Christian, and find nothing wrong with cremation. God can easily give me a new body, even if my old one was cremated. Nothing is impossible with Him.