Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 03-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Truth

Knowledge and truth

Knowledge is available to all mankind. You will find what you seek if you sincerly seek it. Truth is written everywhere in the world especially in our own hearts. Truth is not what you make it. That's like saying that everyone is right because they believe they are when truth cannot contradict itself. The truth is the truth even if no one believes it to be true. Faith can lead you to truth. Like I have faith that what the one said about dinasours walking alongside man is true. I've never done the research but I can feel it's validity. Truth can be felt. I've learned things in the past like this and confirmed what I already know later. Faith is in knowing. The truth is lies can be uncovered. Once you know what truth is you know what it isn't because truth isn't foreign to itself.
Old 25-05-2012, 11:08 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth
Knowledge is available to all mankind. You will find what you seek if you sincerly seek it. Truth is written everywhere in the world especially in our own hearts. Truth is not what you make it. That's like saying that everyone is right because they believe they are when truth cannot contradict itself. The truth is the truth even if no one believes it to be true. Faith can lead you to truth. Like I have faith that what the one said about dinasours walking alongside man is true. I've never done the research but I can feel it's validity. Truth can be felt. I've learned things in the past like this and confirmed what I already know later. Faith is in knowing. The truth is lies can be uncovered. Once you know what truth is you know what it isn't because truth isn't foreign to itself.

if someone felt "in their heart" that there was no god and another person felt "in thier heart" that there was a god. what is the truth?

truth has to either be:
- individual in this case if we are to each know truth by this method.
- both of the two people have to assume the other doesnt feel it in thier heart.

which side do you want to be on? - the one calling someone a liar with just your own feelings as provication - or the one who can agree to both truths?

the idea of saying this is this method of getting to truth is useless when someone else, using the same method as you comes up with the exact opposite answer.

therefore the idea of getting to truth via this method - can't be truth.
Old 25-05-2012, 11:22 AM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chraeloos
Everything we know, everything we say is based on language. Language in itself is a metaphor. The only thing we can know for sure is math, and even that is subject to our minds metaphors. So, in that way, yes nothing we know is "truth", but it's the closest we can ever get. We have to change things into metaphors because its the only way our brain works.

Have you read Descarte's Meditations? I think you'd get a lot out of it.

Not sure if i have read that or not Will have to check it out thanks!

maths is just another language we use to describe the universe. the set rules of maths do not apply when we actually apply them to the universe.

how about this - can something be truth if it has never existed?

for instance can we say a circle has ever existed? whilst we cant say that a circle has never existed for sure - the figure as far as we "know" is something like 99.999999% sure that it hasn't.

if we say the definition of a circle is true - then we are saying pure theory is considered truth. well... thats calling a belief truth.