Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 10-05-2020, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple
hello and thanks for the idea but actually the back of their heads is the one place horses and pidgeons can't see. There is an official name for this way animals use the eyes : peripheral vision, and though i find it a messy description (see above) i could accept it, - but then peripheral listening and smelling sound mystical and very stinky.
If you noticed, I wrote "an eye in the back of their head' which was meant not to be taken literally. It is a 'knowing' and in some cases being able to 'see' without using the eyes.

See my other recent posit.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-05-2020, 12:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple
hello fellow animal lovers,
i am 68 yr.old, English, and living in Germany. I'm new to this forum and i have a whole series of ideas and no-one to talk with.

My interest is something i call broadband sensing. Animals use it all the time.

Broadband sensing evolved for the purpose of being receptive to and aware of sudden movements and changes with smells, sounds and sights, in the immediate environment.

Non-selective sensing is not a good word to describe it, because this fails to describe the actual activity of being on the watch or ready to be watchful.

Peripheral sensing, refers to the peripheries, humans use this to support a central focus point when driving or cycling, but animals sense everything, nearby and central as well.

I believe our culture dosen't have any word for this, ... So my question is, is there an official name for what i call broadband sensing?

And a couple of ideas to finish with :
Broadband sensing is a vital part of the oldest, original, most natural form of being awake and staying alive. We believe to find peace of mind and be awake in the present moment we need a mental shift of perspective. We only rarely associate this shift of perspective directly with our senses and how we use them.

more on howtobenow.online (not allowed to post links as newbie - hope its ok like that)

have an inspiring day ... and keepitsimple
There you seem to refer to going into altered states of consciousness, where you don't rely on your five senses, but on senses normally not accessible while in the awake state. There are people who believe that animals may use of them too.

Primitive men may have had access to those inner senses too, bot they got atrophied when human intellect substantially developed (Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge), and when human society took off, setting limits to independent individual perception and knowledge.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
There you seem to refer to going into altered states of consciousness, where you don't rely on your five senses, but on senses normally not accessible while in the awake state. There are people who believe that animals may use of them too.

Primitive men may have had access to those inner senses too, bot they got atrophied when human intellect substantially developed (Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge), and when human society took off, setting limits to independent individual perception and knowledge.

There are places were Native Americans would go, deep inside of caves, apparently with no means of light.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:02 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I didn't know that birds kept one eye open when sleeping.

I suppose us humans were/are like you describe when our survival is at stake? Sounds stressful to always be on alert like that. But it's just what animals do I suppose. What about the tribes people of the world, are they still able? I was just watching a video Australian aboriginal deep listening. I don't think that's it either.

Yeah that's the idea. Native peoples must use this ability, though like groups of animals, they only need a few of their members to keep look out. Every human baby is able to do what i'm talking about, before we encourage them to focus, learn and think.

---
I checked out deep listening : "Simply sit and look at and listen to the earth and environment that surrounds you." is exactly the idea, and this is closer to what i'm describing than anything else i've seen --- and as in many meditations, they are all good, wonderful practices which would help individuals and the world. But in the explanations i read, it is associated with focussing on specific things.

"Focus on something specific, such as a bird, a blade of grass, a clump of soil, cracked earth, a flower, bush or leaf, a cloud in the sky or a body of water, whatever you can see."

Source: Deep listening (dadirri) - Creative Spirits, retrieved from creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/education/deep-listening-dadirri

--------
Many aboriginal cultures may have a name for it, but if you'll play along with 'broadband' sensing for a while ..

And exactly yes it must be stressful. It is apparently stressful for a cabbage when his neighbour is torn from the roots. And it must be stressful for the blackbird to keep interrupting his delicious worm, but it would be more stress to get eaten alive. So rather than be vulnerable, or paralysed by fear, he stays alert.

Modern humans live in houses of stone, we're secure, and so we have no need for this way of sensing. But we could do it now without being motivated by fear. We could start enjoying all the positive side effects of just going broadband in the present moment.

I see broadband sensing as a balance, and it's used in coordination with any focussed activity, or when sleeping. It is evolutions safeguard, it secures every animals survival as a balance for anything they focus on.

I'm isolating the broadband sensing part of "deep listening". It's an extremely simple, non-mystical, practical way of stilling the mind and being awake and aware. It can be combined with any belief system, any focal point, or just anything anyone is doing. It's common to all creatures and people of all cultures.

howtobenow.online/links.html --- gives the best descriptions. (cant make links as a newbie - hope its ok like that)
Old 11-05-2020, 04:04 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I always was going to put a blindfold on and try driving a car............

What I would do is put a blindfold on and wait till I could 'see everything in the room'. I suspect most people get scared if they try this but once they get used to doing it, they come to realize they can 'see' without their 'eyes'.

Experimental souls are what the world needs and yours would be a very interesting experiment - i'm sure we could 'see' without our 'eyes' - and i wish you every success - ... but this is not what i'm describing - What i'm describing, or trying to, is very much opening our eyes and just looking without focussing, (and listening and smelling) in a broadband way.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:07 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you noticed, I wrote "an eye in the back of their head' which was meant not to be taken literally. It is a 'knowing' and in some cases being able to 'see' without using the eyes.

See my other recent posit.

Such heightened states of knowing and being would be wonderful - and i wish you every success in this, but my ideas don't cover such intuitive states.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:

Thank you, its always interesting to find out where I'm being misunderstood, but i've still no idea why, ... which is even more interesting :-)

I suppose i am referring to an altered state of consciousness, but it's absolutely nothing mystical or to do with inner or deeper senses. Ah i think i see it:

There refers to "We believe to find peace of mind and be awake in the present moment we need a mental shift of perspective. We only rarely associate this shift of perspective directly with our senses and how we use them."

I realise now that what i wrote was very complicated and has double meanings - (i do try and always follow my guide "keepitsimple" - sorry) what i'm saying is : We don't only need a mental shift of perspective, it's NOT all in the mind.

As to the atrophied senses and Adam and Eve, i totally agree, but first they had to focus to pick the apple. Maybe the root of all good and evil is focussing (?).
Old 11-05-2020, 04:11 PM
Pathfinder

Broadband sensing evolved for the purpose of being receptive to and aware of sudden movements and changes with smells, sounds and sights, in the immediate environment. - With reference to seeing :

'Looking with two eyes', is an idea which may help you get into the feeling quickly. Put your hands up between your eyes, so you block the central area. You will get an impression of how it is to see with eyes on both sides of your face. Then take your hands away and just imagine you have two separate eyes on the sides of your face. Then forget you've got two eyes and just look.

Look at everything you can see and see everything you're looking at. Wait until it all merges into the oval shape of your field of vision, then look at the whole picture – if you are outside, you will see lots of things moving, but don't look at them, just notice them, keep looking at the whole picture.

My experience is that instead of looking at the world like a T.V. screen, it feels as though i'm right up inside the T.V.. The normal feeling of subject looking at object is considerably different, it's a 'being with' what i'm seeing, instead of looking at it.

Source : The Perfect Blind Spot
howtobenow.online/links.html
Old 11-05-2020, 04:11 PM
Pathfinder

If anyone's following my daily rhythm in answering, please note i will be a few hours later tomorrow - thanks
Old 11-05-2020, 04:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Kind of makes one long for another full frontal lobotomy.