Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Pathfinder

Thumbs up How to deflect someone who I feel has negative vibes

There's a certain someone, well a friend of a parent I've known since childhood but I feel a negative aura around them.

They keep asking said parent for favors and for some reason I feel my parent is being "used" and being dragged down. I don't know exactly why I feel so strongly about this person but I just don't feel at ease or want my parent to be around them.

Told my parent to ignore their phone calls, well they did for over a year,. Then said person recently even wrote a card to our home address with a written message asking for help with a favor.

Somehow they got hold of our landline number and rang at midnight and woke everyone up in the house, phone kept ringing, absolutely no manners at all. I would never call someone at midnight and keep the phone ringing...This is just rude.

I could immediately feel something negative in the air even from just this phone call.

So what am I experiencing? Could someone explain what this feeling is? Possible energy vampire? I feel I have to protect my parent and family from this person but not sure exactly why I feel so distressed.

Thanks for any insight.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:38 AM
Lorelyen

Sounds like you're annoyed with the nuisance and are naturally cautious that someone seems about to fleece your parents. It's happening on the mundane so a mundane solution is where it's at.

Have you any reason to feel negative? How does this affect you? Assuming you need to get involved at all, two choices really - completely ignore the culprit (and leave the phone unplugged during sleeping hours (small risk of missing a genuine urgent call) or play them at their own game, often the best lesson. Prompt the recipient to pester the person to give some money or something. Feelings of negativity should lift. I'd probably feel the same under these circumstances. However, spiritual lessons are learned from people taking their own initiative. We don't help people by solving people's problems that they should be solving themselves.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Pathfinder

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Sounds like you're annoyed with the nuisance and are naturally cautious that someone seems about to fleece your parents. It's happening on the mundane so a mundane solution is where it's at.

Have you any reason to feel negative? How does this affect you? Assuming you need to get involved at all, two choices really - completely ignore the culprit (and leave the phone unplugged during sleeping hours (small risk of missing a genuine urgent call) or play them at their own game, often the best lesson. Prompt the recipient to pester the person to give some money or something. Feelings of negativity should lift. I'd probably feel the same under these circumstances. However, spiritual lessons are learned from people taking their own initiative. We don't help people by solving people's problems that they should be solving themselves.

The favor is filling in their tax returns since they are self employed, said parent's friend relied on them yearly. So there is this expectation to always do their favor.

My parent is aging, retired, and never had to fill in a tax return since their employer did this automatically. I just want them to have peace and enjoy retirement.

So I don't see why my parent should be taking in others people's responsibilities.

Also this one really bugged me, parent told me this:
A relative passed away due to "lung disease" and the friend said "oh he forgot to breathe". I mean this isn't a joke how could someone say this?
Old 06-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirituallyEnlightene​d
Also this one really bugged me, parent told me this:
A relative passed away due to "lung disease" and the friend said "oh he forgot to breathe". I mean this isn't a joke how could someone say this?
Yes, that's nasty. May this person meet their comeuppance.

Friend?
With friends (or fiends) like that, who needs enemies?
Old 06-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Pathfinder

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Yes, that's nasty. May this person meet their comeuppance.

Friend?
With friends (or fiends) like that, who needs enemies?

My parent said they are not really a friend, they initiate contact when a favor is required.

Is there something I could visualise spiritually to deflect them? They rang 30 minutes ago.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
My parent said they are not really a friend, they initiate contact when a favor is required.

Is there something I could visualise spiritually to deflect them? They rang 30 minutes ago.

Better would be a clear 'No we don't do tax returns anymore'.

I think once a No has been said all the tense and uncomfortable feelings will dissipate by themselves. You feel bad because you really want to tell this person to get lost but you're holding back.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Pathfinder

I am an empath and this person is stuck in my head. Usually before they call I already sense them. How to block this?
Old 07-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
I am an empath and this person is stuck in my head. Usually before they call I already sense them. How to block this?

In my opinion and experience they'll be stuck in your head until you act and express yourself. Why don't you? It's liberating.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:14 AM
Master
It might help if you found others who feel the same way about this person as you do, and if there are others, friends of yours or friends of theirs, etc., you can do an intervention. An intervention is when a bunch of people who feel the same way about a person, get together and confront that person on their behavior. It is often done with people who are drinking alcohol too much, etc., but it can be done on anyone who has undesirable behavior. If you can find others who feel the same way about this person, you will not have to go about this alone by yourself. An this person can be told by more than just one person to back off.

There are energy vampires out there who will suck all they can out of a person, it may be a mental or emotional imbalance, or it may be deliberate targeting of a person whom they feel they can con or get away with stuff on. Regardless, if you don’t do something that will have an impact on this person, like a harassment restraining order, or something else, their behavior will continue unabated. If a person does not respond to the soft approach then maybe it is time for you to have a more forceful nonviolent approach. Getting a restraining order or doing an intervention may bring up some unwanted feelings for you, but you have to weigh this situation and see what you are willing to go through to get it to stop. We should choose our battles wisely.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:20 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

You need to envision a bubble of white or golden light surrounding you starting at your head and building it larger to encompass the whole room with your parents included inside that light. This will help with the empath end and keep the energy sucking at bay.

On the other front as far as that bad behaviour they give off, what I would tell him making straight on eye contact..."As for your tax papers...We'll have your return ready for you I predict it should be ready by midnight three weeks from Tuesday....We'll call you then."