Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-07-2018, 09:34 PM
Master
Success in positive and healthy endeavors is a beautiful and lovely thing to actualize. Enjoy it and share it with others. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 15-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
The conflict to spirituality is when your attachment to success drives your actions rather than being who you are (expressing your inner nature).

Its subtle
Great explanation. And yes, it is subtle. Even as I read your comment, I could imagine people excusing their attachment to success as, "I'm just expressing my inner self!" Very subtle indeed.
Old 16-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Master
While we are here, we have duties. We need food on the table, we might have children to care for or other people. And for some, they are born with gifts, music, art, business whatever. Utilising your gifts whilst still retaining your spiritual intent is the highest order of human living. So go and be successful, watch your pride and be generous, retain your love even when others get jealous or try to bring you down. But if you have skills...use them, stand out (as it says in the bible) like a house on the Hill, be an example to others. Successful people feed the world, never forget that !
Old 17-07-2018, 01:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey
Would we still be spiritual if we want to be someone successful in this world? It's a worldly desire. But what if there's someone who wants to be as successful as, for example, a famous musician or artist... is it wrong to work hard for that goal? I feel really conflicted these days regarding my own aspirations, wondering if I am falling into a trap.

success is good and in success of a spiritual practice is how one attains what one was looking for.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-07-2018, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Would we still be spiritual if we want to be someone successful in this world? It's a worldly desire. But what if there's someone who wants to be as successful as, for example, a famous musician or artist... is it wrong to work hard for that goal? I feel really conflicted these days regarding my own aspirations, wondering if I am falling into a trap.

Success is not good and not bad, it is just what it is.
What you do during this time of being successful what matters.

If one is an entity like yourself who came into this reality to be of service, you have to know you will pay a price for wandering of track.

Leonard Cohen was an angelic wanderer as well as Beethoven
Old 17-07-2018, 04:14 PM
Seeker
Doing what society and your culture expects of you will result in a better life than trying to go against it.

It's a "be in the world, not of the world" case where you can be a radical business venture capitalist but still follow a "personal" spiritual journey; without having to force everyone else to travel along the path with you
"The Godhead is never an object of it’s own knowledge. Just as a knife doesn’t cut itself, fire doesn’t burn itself, light doesn’t illumine itself. It’s always an endless mystery to itself." - Alan Watts

http://www.enlightenedpursuits.com
Old 17-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
While we are here, we have duties. We need food on the table, we might have children to care for or other people. And for some, they are born with gifts, music, art, business whatever. Utilising your gifts whilst still retaining your spiritual intent is the highest order of human living. So go and be successful, watch your pride and be generous, retain your love even when others get jealous or try to bring you down. But if you have skills...use them, stand out (as it says in the bible) like a house on the Hill, be an example to others. Successful people feed the world, never forget that !

a healthy outlook

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Master

Quote:
is it wrong to work hard for that goal?

I have always found that spirit doesn't work hard for anything. It plays and enjoys itself. Follows inspiration. Is successful in its every breath. But it is not wrong to work hard; you might just find it more enjoyable to do it (com)passionately You are spirit, so the more successful you are (feeling really good about yourself), the more spiritual you are
Old 19-07-2018, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen

Absolutely!!!

Success in the business world has allowed me to live life on my own terms!

Success has allowed me to travel the world and explore other peoples and cultures expanding my own spiritual horizons

Success allows me to put my kids and grand kids through private school giving them all a leg up with an above average education.

Success has allowed me to give back to my community...think about it...whens the last time you saw a broke and destitute person able to help others.....like never!

Every person owes it to themselves to seek financial success and NOT be a drain on everyone else because the world does not own you a living!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 04-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Balance...be successful in the world..and successful spiritually...many
people are...tho, they keep it to themselves so we don't realize how
many beautiful wealthy people are out there.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru