Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 17-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Knower
Unattainable

I did a guided meditation that had you walk on a path at a chosen location.
I always choose a forest in the mountains..

On this path you could see a tunnel. At the tunnel there were gates, on the other side of the gates was you guide.

...now, Im not very good a visual meditations.
but I walked up this path and got to tall iron gates with a chain wrapped around.
I kept picturing someone in a brown cloak. While I couldnt see his face, for whatever reason I kept getting a picture of an ancient type of Chinese man (you know, the ones with the long thin mustaches?)

The guide said all I had to do was wish the gate open and it would..
Only mine wouldnt.
My chest started to feel weird. Not like I was panicking, but kind of like an anxiety thing.

The word 'Relax' has been coming to me lately, because in all honesty I have been wound tight as of late.

So I took a few steps away from the gate and sat on a rock.
I saw a hand touch my shoulder. I couldnt really tell you anything about the hand, only that it was hand. It was as if it was there just to calm me.

The gate never did open.

I dont know if I should take it as I need to learn to relax and have patience before I can move on..
or maybe Im just not good at meditation.

Its been a couple years since I have meditated or since I have tried getting in touch with my guide.
I never could get in touch with my guide, even back when I could heavily meditate.
This is actually the first time Ive gotten a picture of a face, even though I dont know if it was the face of my guide or something that my mind just made up.

Having a Chinese man as my guide would completely catch me off guard because Ive never even had that kind of inkling.
Maybe hes a new guide?

My guides never really have come to me in the form I would like them to.. Saying, yes, here I am, your guide.
I really dont know what to make of it all.
Old 17-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Have you ever had a heart awakening? If not then I think that's why it's closed, and why your chest felt weird. The heart is the opening to higher consciousness and contact with higher dimensional beings and guides.. so maybe do some guided meditations that target opening that instead.
Old 17-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Ronin; The gate you conjured was LOCKED against you..YOU made the gate,the lock and YOU are key...Yes,persevere - it is telling you indeed,relax properly before you can proceed..Go back to the forest,follow the path again - be prepared to wait patiently sititng on that rock,and know for sure,when the itme is right,the chain wil simply fall to the ground,the gate wil swing open...It may take many visits - just sut patently and wait...

Or try a new approach entirely..For my Self,this sems to work - if I need a quick answer,wish to meet my brethren in their domain - to commune directly - visualise and create for your Self,a Tabernacle - a secret place within the mind,specifically FOR this commnunion - exactly as if it was a specific room in your home..Enter this place,this mode within the mind..Place here all manner of things of comfort,as if it was your "man cave" or "pamper palace" - but place there specificaly TWO seats,or more..Make your Self comfortable,and INVITE your guide to come and sit with you here in this place..

Your mind will soon get the message - this place is a Holy place - and whenever you enter this room,this mode,you will immediately adopt the correct attitude,the INTENTION to commune is made clear,the INVITATION is sent out clearly - again,patience,wait and persevere - but this aspect of INVITATION,I find is pretty crucial..After a while of course,you wont even need the visualisation at all,but the Presence will be clear and tangeable..Hope this helps..
Old 17-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Knower
I really like the idea of creating my own room.
I think song this room up over a couple sessions would help put me at ease a little more with the situation
Old 17-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Master
It's said young penantents who desire to enter the Lamasary Life and become monks must often sit many days in front of the Lamasary before someone inside deems them ready for monastic life.
I find it interesting that you perceive your guide as being Asian and in robes - it goes well with the lamasery protocol for entering into the monkhood. It could be something you know something about from a past life inside monastery or lamasery walls.

Perhaps imagine what it would be like to be a young man who's family had decided his was to enter the monks life and now you are before the giant gates, knowing you much achieve a state of abiding patience and no want/no desire before your aura changes to the right colors for the gates to open and permit you into your life's training.
Old 17-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Romin; Interetsting,should have mentioned it earleir realy - you dont BELIEVE you have any oriental conection - but surely you realise - your name - Ronin - is actually japanese,and comes FROM Chinese language originally - it means vagabond originally - and the japanese it means a samurai who has no lord...Here then is a definate oriental input..Who chose the name here for you..?..
Old 17-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
Hi Folks..

Romin; Interetsting,should have mentioned it earleir realy - you dont BELIEVE you have any oriental conection - but surely you realise - your name - Ronin - is actually japanese,and comes FROM Chinese language originally - it means vagabond originally - and the japanese it means a samurai who has no lord...Here then is a definate oriental input..Who chose the name here for you..?..
Ronin is the name of a horse I rode as a child.
There was always a special connection with him.
It sounds odd maybe, but he holds most of my fondest memories
Old 18-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Master
from your description it sounds like you are actually pretty good at the visualization side of meditation. We spend so much time second guessing ourselves and it is pointless.
Keep trying, working on that same visualization, until it changes.

I would say what stopped you from going in was the physical discomfort you felt in your chest, and that sort of thing can happen. Has it happened since?
Old 18-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
from your description it sounds like you are actually pretty good at the visualization side of meditation. We spend so much time second guessing ourselves and it is pointless.
Keep trying, working on that same visualization, until it changes.

I would say what stopped you from going in was the physical discomfort you felt in your chest, and that sort of thing can happen. Has it happened since?
No..
And maybe I do second guess myself a lot.

Its like I can see these visions, but is not like my physical body is there and I can feel the breeze that might blow through, or hear the leaves brushing..
its just kind of like it's floating "out there".

I don't know.
I feel like I've had some very real visualizations by accident, mostly as a child. I haven't "zoned out" like that in years.
This didn't compare to that.
Old 18-12-2014, 02:23 AM
TesseLated

When I was reading your story...I got the message to 'go there with desire, wish, and expectation'....very clearly...to the rock

Best wishes...

*Im learning to listen ;)