Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Greybeard

Thank you.
So the nodes work for present lives; past lives are iceing on the cake.
Occam's razor.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Bigg Nastee

I find it very interesting you accept the "evidence" for astrology but not reincarnation..
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Greybeard

What is the evidence for reincarnation?

I accept astrology on the basis of 40 years of study and practice. The evidence is overwhelming, irrefutable.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
You could read Jeff Green's "Pluto; Evolutionary Journal of the Soul." It's just dripping with past lives.

Question "HiIts.." What if you removed the "past lives" from the nodes and just looked at their effects? Would they still work? Or is the concept of past lives a necessary part of them?

Have you ever calculated the number of your ancestors who were all alive during the same time? I have. And guess what....About 1200-1300 AD the number of your ancestors who were all living during that period exceeded the whole human population on Earth. That is a fact. But then if you turn the tree upside down and instead of going from present toward past go from present toward future....well, suffice it to say I have 40 or so living descendants and I ain't dead yet. All people in the U.S. with the surname Axtell are descended from a single individual, Thomas Axtell, who came to Massachusetts from Berkhampstead, Hertfordshire, England about 1641; and we, his descendants, number over a million today. He had 3 children. The mathematics of population are rather mysterious and intriguing. And they certainly do pose some interesting questions regarding past lives, unless of course we reincarnate as sponges and aardvarks.

To calculate the number of your ancestors is simple. You had two parents; each of them had two parents; each of those grandparents had two parents......it is a biological necessity to have a mother and a father to create a new life. A human generation is about 25 years; follow your ancestry back for 400 years and you will find about 16 branchings on the tree. So to know how many people were simultaneously alive, producing the next generation which ultimately leads to you, simply calculate 2^n (generations). Example: Mom and dad, the four grandparents, then their parents....how many were the grandparents' parents? That is the third generation back, so 2^3=8. Voila. There were 8 people all alive at the same time who are your direct and indispensable ancestors, your great-grandparents. Now, if we wish to find out how many people were all alive at one time having the children who became you....for say the year 1200 AD (We are at 2000 AD-1200 AD = 800 x 4 (generations/100 years) = 32. So we crank in 2^32 and the answer is: just under 4 billion 300 million.......and the whole population of Earth didn't reach 1 billion until 1800. Go back one more generation (33) and the answer is over 8.5 Billion, which is more people than are breathing right now. The population of western Europe in 1342 was about 75 million, of whom 25 million died in the next three years due to the Black Plague. So where did our ancestors come from? [The same population math applies to China, and the Middle East/North African peoples, who suffered from the Black Plague too at about the same time as Europe, with the same death rate.]

Can you imagine your Soul, awaiting reincarnation, sitting in a waiting room reading a June, 1942 Reader's Digest (over and over again).....and the lady behind the counter says "Take a Number Please." First there weren't enough Souls to fill the biological requisites, and now there aren't enough vacancies. Supply and demand is a tricky business. But then I suppose reincarnation is the preferred alternative when compared to going to Hell after only one time around.

That last part of your text wasn't there when I last time visited, at least it wasn't visible to me. I don't even know did you wrote that to me or just generally, but I want to say something because I don't understand where you are trying to end up with that... What's your point? Past lives can't exist because there are either too little or too much people wandering on this planet for our souls?

I think one of the most common ideas I have ever read about past lives is that for one, time doesn't really even exist. Time is just one of those concepts that are planted to our minds n this reality because it helps us to understand what is happening and when. Time helps our logical mind to understand how things work. Up there, instead, time doesn't exist. Therefore, what we here consider to be lets say 50 years, is just a blink of an eye in higher realms. So if somebody has to wait before they can incarnate again, they wait and it's nothing for them.

Other of the most common ideas I have ever seen about past lives is that it's not necessary for us to always incarnate to this planet. There are other places too, all with different things for us to learn, so maybe we incarnate to many worlds, not just to this world? Then it doesn't matter how many people there are or are not, we still have a place to go.

Personally, I don't know do I believe those things. I don't even know do I believe in past lives. Probably I do, because I have to say all that resonates to my experiences and I find it to be really logical and believable after some further examination of the subject. For me it makes perfect sense. Apparently though it doesn't make sense to you and that's your opinion. There is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Greybeard

What if......
I was born one Friday morning,
And died one Tuesday night,
And my neighbors buried me,
And that was that.

What if my neighbors didn't bury me at all
But just put my carcass in a wagon
And drove me out into the desert
Twelve miles from town
And dumped me
And that was that.

What if God wasn't joking
When He said
Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return
What if Jesus knew what he was saying when he said
Take no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought of the things of itself.
Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

What if there is no Immortal Soul
And it really is a Frankenstein's Child
born of Man's fear of having an End, of being mortal
And what if we overcome Fear
And live this Infinite Moment in Joy
For having been given the breath of Life
and the priceless gift of Being.

Why must I live forever
When I have this moment
and it is enough.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Bigg Nastee

Quote:
What is the evidence for reincarnation?

I accept astrology on the basis of 40 years of study and practice. The evidence is overwhelming, irrefutable.
The irony is delicious. And if you were genuine you could easily find "proof" of reincarnation.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Greybeard

I ask for evidence and you bring irony. So much for anything you might have to say. You appear to be one of those individuals who are quick to find fault but seldom bring anything constructive to the table. And so now I'm a counterfeit.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Bigg Nastee

Quote:
I ask for evidence and you bring irony. So much for anything you might have to say. You appear to be one of those individuals who are quick to find fault but seldom bring anything constructive to the table. And so now I'm a counterfeit.
I didn't mean to imply you are a fraud because I don't think that so I am sorry if it came off that way. I meant if you were genuine about your interest in evidence for reincarnation you could easily find as much info as there is about astrology.

I refuse to do other's work for them so search yourself or please watch whom you call wrong.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Administrator
Hello

REMINDER on the SF RULES please.

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Abuse and abusive posts (of any nature) will not be tolerated. Breaches of this ruling will result in posts being removed, warnings and if continued, DA. Mocking, and belittling other members also counts as disrespect.

Please refrer back to the "First" Post and the topic.

Lynn

SF Staff
Old 11-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray
Does astrology reveal anything about someones past lives ?

This is an interesting question. Like all things that we can neither prove or disprove we simply seek for "tools" to help us understand maybe what is going on in this life.

I view things like astrology, tarot , palm ext ext as those very tools that can lead to a lot of understanding on all aspects but it untimatly comes down to the "Reader" and the one getting the "Reading" what information both flows out and flows in.

I have had a very good Astrolgoy Chart done that did touch some one whom I might well have been in the past that helped explain some paths in this life. Again I took the information with a grain of salt as I choose to embrace what fit to me. Right or wrong mattered not to me what mattered was that I felt better about somethings.

There are many ways of doing readings and many more what I would call NEW age ways coming ever forwards.

I read Tarot and I always start as a base line with a "Past Present and Future" overview so I can connect to the energy I need to find with the person getting the reading.....now that past often is past life. I have had the same done with Astrolgy life path charts but not the Birth Chart as that starts at the time I came into this World.

At times one coin and two sides to it. Traditionally maybe astrology deals with the NOW path one is on....

Lynn