Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 22-06-2006, 11:02 AM
eternity

Petezen,
Karma as you know is created by INTENT.If the reason for your debate or arguing has intent behind it of an unskilful nature then the answer is yes.
If you are only expressing your point of view without hate or bad feeling,then no.
If you are neutral in your thoughts at the exact time of posting.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 23-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Glorymist

eternity - -

Karma is created whether you intend to create it or not.

Karma is simple action / reaction. Cause and effect. I may intend some action to go one way and it "goes" another. I may NOT intend some action to go one way and it goes another. I can be totally indifferent and become involved in a karmic action.

I may not intend to get in an automobile accident. I may not intend to find a penny on the street. I may not intend to get lost. I may not intend to insult. All will lead to the results of cause and effect. Actually - - they may lead FROM the results of cause and effect too.

Karma is so simple - - that it is complex - - and it is so complex - - it is simple.

But without a doubt - - when one definitely begins to take charge of their intentions towards LIFE - - then they drastically begin to maneuver the balancing weights of karma.
Old 23-06-2006, 10:30 AM
dreamer

Hi Glory,

that's spot on as far as I'm concerened. Might as well enjoy the good karma when it comes and laugh at your stupidity when you get ****. The three gunas, they are all around in everything you experience - and it all came to you from you and thats the entertainment.
Old 23-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Glorymist

dreamer - -

Kewl ! !

"That's spot on" - - I take it - - means agreement ??
Old 24-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Mart

It sure does Glorymist, whatever that may be worth!!
Old 24-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Glorymist

No offense - - but I'd rather hear that from dreamer - - since s/he is the one that used the term. You may be absolutely correct - - and probably are - - but i always like to deal with the "actually involved" individual that made whatever comment is being clarified.

Again - - no offense.
Old 24-06-2006, 10:04 PM
dreamer

Hey Glorymist, sorry thought i had explained Mart and Dreamer are one, not meaning to be funny but thought I had explained, probably on a different post you may not have read. But yes I dreamer/mart agreed with what you said - for what that's worth!!
It seems that the strangeness of the truth is not too palatable, I hope my "messing around" has not caused you any offence, seen from a different viewpoint it could be seen in more favourable even educational light.
No offence taken from here as always, how could there be?
Old 25-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Glorymist

dreamer / mart - -

I misssed the reference to you being the same person. I hope you will stay under the name of "dreamer" when addressing me - - because you seem a bit more "enlightened" when under that name.

You - - dreamer - - have put forth one of the best and more profound statements I have seen on this forum. It was - - "It seems that the strangeness of the truth is not too palatable."

THAT - - my dear Mr. dreamer - - is VERY true indeed. And it is also why people push knowledge away and prefer to stay trapped where they are. They work for countless lifetimes to attain the upper mental worlds where they can finally train the mind to be quiet for a few moments - - then believe they have reached some kind of "enlightened" state because they can simply stop thought for a while - - and then they will just continue under that state of consciousness for-EV-er ! ! Almost - - literally.

It takes effort - - dreamer - - to work passed all of this. Effort that very few people want to even consider - - let alone actually do. It's easier to just believe in "no-thing" - - and let it go at that.

And yes - - all of this IS - - part of the Path ! !

:->
Old 26-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
eternity - -

Karma is created whether you intend to create it or not.

Karma is simple action / reaction. Cause and effect. I may intend some action to go one way and it "goes" another. I may NOT intend some action to go one way and it goes another. I can be totally indifferent and become involved in a karmic action.

I may not intend to get in an automobile accident. I may not intend to find a penny on the street. I may not intend to get lost. I may not intend to insult. All will lead to the results of cause and effect. Actually - - they may lead FROM the results of cause and effect too.

Hi folks, just passing thru and read this post, Glory you are an angel and I love you dearly, but I must disagree with you here. Don`t worry its not a big disagreement just a small point really and one day I`m sure we will know which of us is right.

I agree with eternity, karma is down to INTENT.It is the action of the mind in inciting an idea a direction that creates karma.
Yes you may intend an action to go one way and it goes another, but the karma created will be down to your original intention not necessarily the outcome of your intention.
You are correct you could be totally indifferent and become involved in a karmic action , such as you described, an automobile acccident or finding a penny in the street, but that is the payback of karma from previous intent, simply a cycle ending.

As you mentioned a;llso , and I think this defines the law to me. You may not intend to insult someone, yet they take insult, karmically you are not responsible for their response if indeed no insult was genuinely intended. If they say something horrible back to you in response to a perceived slight, that is simply karma returning to you from an earlier, probably forgotten episode.

If karma is seen as simply based on intent , if this is the pivitol point of incurring karma, for me it all makes sense. When we pray or meditate or mantra we do it with intent and focus, this creates skillful karma and we move forward. This also is the rerason that I disagree with Bob and dreamer and the other guys on the site who think that we are already that which we seek so there is nothing to do. If karma is as I describe it then we need to intend to move forward to act in a direction in order to create that self same journey otherwise we move not, or much more slowly. You get out what you put in folks.

Sorry my opinion differs with you guys, I may be wrong and your way may be correct, I hold this truth close, but until experientially I find otherwise I will hold to my definition of karma.
Still love you all tho folks

Last edited by peteyzen : 26-06-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 26-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Bob23

Hey Peteyzen,

Let me clarify as near as I can with inadequate words what I meant.

Yes, you are already that which the seeking is AND whatever happens will simply happen, whether that involves more seeking or not...either way there is no sense of personal doer~ship but only as an appearance.

Oh never mind...I did say words were inadequate! lol

Have fun mate!

BibbyBobJim.
Closed Thread