Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Deactivated Account
What's happening?

‘Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof’ ~ Buddha

Typing is just happening but no one is 'doing' it. Thinking of the next word is happening all by itself. There is no 'one' here doing anything! All of this is simply happening as though on automatic pilot. There is no Absolute, the One, god or anyone whatsoever. This is just happening. This is it and no one is doing it or making any of it happen. I just spent the whole day experiencing what the Buddha spoke of but cannot find the words to describe it. Everything is just happening all by itself. Somewhat like this heart is beating and on one is DOING it. This hair and these finger nails are growing and no one is doing it!
Sorry but the experience is just too weird and mysterious to put into words so I'll just stop here. LOL. stopping is just happening!
Old 14-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
I don't want this to seem arrogant but I just spent this whole day EXPERIENCING this "saying": "‘Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof’ ~ Buddha

This morning, the decision to go to a movie just happened - by no one. During the movie a few laughs just happened. Also a few tears just happened. After the movie, a trip to Ruby's for lunch just happened. Eating the food simply happened. After lunch, taking a long trip around L.A. on the Metro just happened. After the long trip, comming back to this apartment happened and now typing is simply happening. A heart is simply beating, sniffling is happening, scratching an itch is happening and coughing just happens. No one is "doing" any of these things. There is only what is happening in this instant. This is it! One could say that all of this is being done by the Absolute or the One but there is not even an Absolute or a One doing anything here. This just is. All that happened today and is happening, as these words appear, is JUST HAPPENING. No 'one' is "doing" anything! There is just what's happening here in a weird and automatic way that cannot be explained or even understood. I cannot say how it just happens or why. All I currently know is things just happened and still are just happening ALL BY THEM SELF. There is no one here doing anything - not even "observing". Observing is happening. Thinking of the next word or sentence is just happening. Breathing is just happening. Feelings in this body are just happening. Sounds, sights, feelings, ideas, intentions are all just happening. Nobody is "doing" anything here. Watching is just happening - by no one!
I have to admit that this seems quite surreal as I re-read it but even that is just happening - no one is doing it! There actually is no "Doer". Things are just happening all by them self and no Doer is present - not even God! It really is mysterious and unexplainable.

You are ' The watcher '

Your post reminds me of..... In Zen, you wash the dishes without the washer. To be the washing of dishes
Old 14-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Master
Buddhist and older teachings are not truths. They are really just glimpses into the truths pertaining to the human consciousness of that particular time. One has to understand that human consciousness is progressing. Much of which applied in Taoism and Buddhism (or Christianity for that matter), no longer does. Our consciousness has evolved since then. The individual "I" has now fully manifested in our collective soul-spirit evolution. And the task now is to marry these older understandings with these new revelations concerning the "I".

If you have any doubts about the power and reality of the "I", see "internet" and "Trump, Donald."
Old 14-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
‘Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof’ ~ Buddha

Typing is just happening but no one is 'doing' it. Thinking of the next word is happening all by itself. There is no 'one' here doing anything! All of this is simply happening as though on automatic pilot. There is no Absolute, the One, god or anyone whatsoever. This is just happening. This is it and no one is doing it or making any of it happen. I just spent the whole day experiencing what the Buddha spoke of but cannot find the words to describe it. Everything is just happening all by itself. Somewhat like this heart is beating and on one is DOING it. This hair and these finger nails are growing and no one is doing it!
Sorry but the experience is just too weird and mysterious to put into words so I'll just stop here. LOL. stopping is just happening!
Old 14-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Deactivated Account
There is no 'I', no 'me' no 'you', no 'we', no 'us', no individual DOING anything! All that there is is what's happening RIGHT NOW. Typing is HAPPENING - no one is "doing" it. There is no "Doer" here - just happening or Experience experiencing experience. Doing is doing doing. It's all just happening AUTOMATICALLY! There is only this being this - RIGHT NOW! You may exist but not as a DOER. You are being "done" - or "lived" - by no one. This is it! Just this unnameable, indescribable, mysterious, impersonal, vast THIS or IT.
Have a ball - you are free now!
Free of a restricting, worried, greedy, limited, little "self" who is no longer the Doer in or of your life. :)
Old 14-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
There is no 'I', no 'me' no 'you', no 'we', no 'us', no individual DOING anything! All that there is is what's happening RIGHT NOW. Typing is HAPPENING - no one is "doing" it. There is no "Doer" here - just happening or Experience experiencing experience. Doing is doing doing. It's all just happening AUTOMATICALLY! There is only this being this - RIGHT NOW! You may exist but not as a DOER. You are being "done" - or "lived" - by no one. This is it! Just this unnameable, indescribable, mysterious, impersonal, vast THIS or IT.
Have a ball - you are free now!
Free of a restricting, worried, greedy, limited, little "self" who is no longer the Doer in or of your life. :)
I thought we might have, you know, an actual discussion. But I guess there is 'no doing anything' other than typing GO FOR IT and LIVE IT. I guess that's your way of staying on message, by avoiding discussion. People do that a lot, especially on the internet where they can act they're the only one talking. Oh well.
Old 14-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Experiencer
Living in denial.
Old 14-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Master
Who or what is 'living in denial' mihael 11?

I visit 3 spiritual type forums, one of which is Buddhist, another one they talk about Vedanta and non-duality stuff - oh man - it does boggle the mind! XD

Old 14-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 CONTEMPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I thought we might have, you know, an actual discussion
OK, what do you want to "discuss", Baile?
Quote:
Buddhist and older teachings are not truths. They are really just glimpses into the truths pertaining to the human consciousness of that particular time. One has to understand that human consciousness is progressing. Much of which applied in Taoism and Buddhism (or Christianity for that matter), no longer does. Our consciousness has evolved since then. The individual "I" has now fully manifested in our collective soul-spirit evolution. And the task now is to marry these older understandings with these new revelations concerning the "I".
If you have any doubts about the power and reality of the "I", see "internet" and "Trump, Donald."
This SPEECH leaves nothing to be "discussed". Try asking a few questions.

Quote:
But I guess there is 'no doing anything' other than typing GO FOR IT and LIVE IT. I guess that's your way of staying on message, by avoiding discussion. People do that a lot, especially on the internet where they can act they're the only one talking. Oh well.
All I see in your message so far is: discounting, accusations, complaints, disrespect and CONTEMPT. That bad attitude will not make for a very good "discussion" with me. Try some friendly respect and them maybe we can discuss things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael_11
Living in denial.
When ya spot it, ya got it.
Old 14-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I visit 3 spiritual type forums, one of which is Buddhist, another one they talk about Vedanta and non-duality stuff
Please give me some links to them - I love that stuff!